Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TS4 Create-A-Sim gameplay trailer
14-05-2014, 04:29 PM
TS4 Create-A-Sim gameplay trailer
OK folks, the much anticipated video is here!

What do people think?
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: TS4 Create-A-Sim gameplay trailer
I (of course) loved it.
I was surprised that in the town you could see buildings in the backgourd-hell they don't too far away either, I could imagine possibly that sims may got there to work.

I'm not to sure about these 'styled looks', are they completely being rid of being able to chose an outfit for sleepwear, athletic wear, ect. And only having one set outfit that you can change few colours for?

I also noticed leggings! They look to be separate from normal bottoms (so I hope), for some reason I always wanted leggings for females and now I've got them!

On another note I'm annoyed that as soon as I go to sleep, the video was released. Tongue

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

14-05-2014, 09:47 PM
I laughed at the way the sims walked - after a while that would drive me insane! I still don't like the cartoony look of the sims either. I can understand that the new CAS engine will simplify the sim-making process but I don't spend much time making sims so that is of little interest to me. The little glimpse of Build mode at the end reminded me again of how quick it would be to make a house in TS4 - it looks as though you can plonk down and move round pre-made units like the blueprints function in TS3. It will certainly be quick to decorate if there are few colour options and no CASt. I dunno, for me it seems too quick and easy - churn out a sim and a house in a few minutes then watch them have pull overly emotional expressions with their cartoon faces while doing funny walks. It's just not grabbing me at all.

As for the town, someone posted a screenshot of that, which I saw before I'd watched this video, and I actually thought it was a TS3 picture!

Glad you are still loving it Ollie. One of us needs to! Big Grin
14-05-2014, 10:02 PM
I enjoy the background music, something about it reminds me of The Sims 2.
I was slightly dissapointed in Bella's traits, I always saw her as a more flirty sim, and not necessairly friendly.

14-05-2014, 10:25 PM
They were winning me over one minute only to ruin it a second later. I don't like the idea of characteristics being unlockable. Only getting four traits to pick & the fifth's an unlock isn't inspiring either.

The game itself looked a lot better than last time. Or maybe I'm seeing things? I'm also too suspicious at the way the emphasis is too much on "it's so quick to use!"

But my biggest worry is eight months since the last promo this is all they have to show for themselves. We knew about CAS & building back then because we saw the screenshots & demos. Once I got the sparkles out of my eyes, what I saw was a refurbishment of what we've already seen.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
14-05-2014, 10:35 PM
I really hope that isn't Bella and Mortimer's final home, I would've expected them to live in something much larger.

I must wonder why there was no tab for swimwear, you had Everyday, formalwear, sleepwear, athletic wear and what I think was party outfits, but no swimmers?

14-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I didn't see anything about swimwear.

LGR has done a commentary on the video, which it found quite useful.

15-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Trust LGR to pick up on parts most of us wouldn't have noticed like the skin tones not being adjustible & the eyelashes being paint ons. He started off sounding thrilled by it but at the end said he wasn't sold.

A lot of people are going to be like that, in two minds, & I think it will all come down to each person deciding whether it's worth the gamble on release day.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
15-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Yes, the "eyelashes" passed me by completely when I was watching it. The sims all look as though they are wearing eyeliner but have no lashes. Ah well.

Does anyone else feel that the furniture and clothes look a bit 1980s?

One thing I do like the look of is the drinks. Some nice-looking glassware. See - I am being quite positive. Smile
16-05-2014, 12:10 AM
I don't mind the eyelashes, I feel that more realistic individual eyelashes wouldn't fit on the style of The Sims. I don't worry too much about no skin colour sliders as there appears to be a wide range of choices already including blue and green, and I feel without the sliders, the skin tones themselves can look slightly more detailed.

I also noticed when putting wrinkles on Mortimer it looked like they have moles to put on also, but I'm not sure what the middle two are/could be.