Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 4 release confirmed 2nd September + final trailer
10-06-2014, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 12:47 AM by Minty.)
Sims 4 release confirmed 2nd September + final trailer

Thoughts?

Other than wanting to stick Rachel Franklin's avaricious face in the nearest food blender?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

Yeah Caspin, yours is the one I posted up wrong, but leave your post up & I'll use this post to stick the crappy presentation at E3 with the audience of arselickers on it instead.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: Sims 4 release confirmed 2nd September + final trailer
Video isn't working for me in your post, Minty. Can anyone else see it? Is it this trailer:

If the link is wonky, swap it for this one and then this post can be deleted.

I am pondering my thoughts on TS4. Yes
10-06-2014, 10:12 PM
That trailer does nothing for me. I hated the way the game looked then and it still looks like total funking crap now. I saw the "presentation" (well the tail end of it) at E3 and saw a longer version later. It nearly made me vomit.Sick

Someone needs to explain to me how anyone with any resemblance of intelligence could ever think this was great. For me, it just looks like a vamped up version of The Sims 2. My brain hurts. BangHead

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
10-06-2014, 10:38 PM
I feel about this much like I feel about the latest version of SimCity & unfortunately I bought that game. I'm just not impressed at all.
11-06-2014, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 12:07 AM by Ollie.)
Well I-for one-am glad that Ollie is no longer in his state of depression. Tongue

I really do love the look of the game, it really is much more alive with more personality and looks much more like a Sims game than The Sims 3. I particularly enjoy that because of the cool art style (which originally I wasn't a fan of, but now it has grown on me and I love it), the look of everything is much more consistent. I feel that if they went with a more realistic look, it might look inconsistent and generally unprofessional.

I'm so relieved that it arrives in Australia on September 4, for a while I got worried that it would come out while I'm up in Sydney with the Addictive G crew for EB Expo.

All in all, I shall be preordering the premium edition soon.

Oh yes, and great to see you around CrazyCatLdy and Roxy.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

11-06-2014, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 09:21 AM by Caspin.)
Hi Cat and Roxy! Hope you are both doing well. Great to see you. Smile

It won't surprise anyone to hear that the trailer left me cold. I find the colours and look of the world too garish and the sims themselves are fine if you like the cartoony look, but I simply prefer the TS3 appearance. I'm not sure why but I hate all of the clothes I've seen so far. The 'emotions' stuff doesn't seem that novel to me - the personalities you can build using the TS3 traits suit my needs and when those TS4 sims start emoting in such an exaggerated manner it doesn't even make me laugh, I just find it absurd.

Besides not loving the look of it and not being overly impressed with the supposedly new features, there are some major technical turn-offs from my perspective, including:

1. No word yet on a Mac version, therefore no TS4 is actually being released in September for me even if I wanted it (so very fortunate that I don't!)

2. It will probably require Origin, which I currently don't need and really don't want, given the number of problems I see reported at Answer HQ that are caused by Origin.

3. The fact that I've spent a considerable amount of money, time and effort getting my game working just right and I would need some seriously amazing temptation to move on, which TS4 does not provide.

So, that's it for me, decision made and confirmed and time to cross fingers that Ollie enjoys his TS4 and that it is all he hopes it will be. Yes
12-06-2014, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 08:52 PM by Caspin.)
Oh my goodness, I have now watched the E3 presentation in Minty's post. I am really bewildered. I think Ollie and I must be looking at different games!

[Image: E3_presentation_too_gloomy.png]

^Cheer up, you are making everyone depressed.

[Image: E3_presentation_too_amused.png]

^Calm down or you will die!

I read that a sim can become enraged because someone is cleaning a kitchen counter. Now we see them being physically attacked because they wrote a bad poem? THEY CAN DIE LAUGHING?

It's too absurd. They haven't given them the sims 'emotions', they've made them all vastly over-emotional. They look like they will be complete wrecks or totally hysterical from the slightest everyday event. EA have a habit of over-doing things so I don't know why I'm surprised. Like when Late Night came out and then the whole town's population became vampires because they over-did it. Or everyone would become a celebrity. Or Pets being installed resulting in ridiculous numbers of wild horses trampling across the lawn. Without Nraas mods keeping a check on these things, utter chaos.

I don't see it being very easy to play a simple, vaguely realistic game, especially since, even if you tried to make your active sims have 'normal' traits, all the sims in the vicinity are affected by the crazies. It would seem that a few reviews in gaming magazines have highlighted the absurdity being OTT.

Ah well.

I see there is also no confirmation of pools (I am assuming from the absence of any pools in the build demo, plus lack of swimwear category in CAS demo that pools are not going to be in the base game).

There is some controversy over loading screens (or some aspect of loading-ness) as sims move between different "zones" in the world. As long as they're fast and smooth that would be OK, I think, but what happens if you have sims then in different zones? Is time synchronised? Would be interesting to see some actual footage of this from someone playing a family of more than one sim.

I saw a few moments ago that it has also been confirmed that it will be possible to download custom content through the new "gallery". So that could end up in a pickle like the Exchange if there isn't an easy way to look for dodgy stuff.
12-06-2014, 10:00 PM
We might as well also enjoy the LGR version Yes

13-06-2014, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2014 07:32 PM by Crazycatldy.)
I don't know how much I'd be playing Sims 3 if I didn't have CASTe to beat the boredom I some times experience with the game and I really don't think I want to deal with loading screens again just to go some where in town. Also like you Caspin, I'd like to know if time will be synchronized.
If I do decide to even consider buying it, I would definitely wait until I see some game play from real players and not what EA decides to show us.
I forgot to mention that I have never liked creating Sims so the new CAS isn't swaying me either way.
13-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah I would miss CASt like crazy!

It would seem from the latest info that time is synchronised in the different zones, so that is good in a way because families won't end up ageing out of sync, but to move between different members of a household occupying different zones may introduce loading screens of some description.