Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 2 won't launch
17-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Sims 2 won't launch
Hi guys. Long time no see. Smile

I have a frustrating problem. I have Sims 2 and 3. I have been playing Sims 3 for quite awhile now. I had uninstaled Sims 2. Well now I'm tired of playing Sims 3, so I reinstalled Sims 2 base game. When I tried to launch, the launcher appeared and it said ! An error has occurred in the script on this page. etc. Do you want to continue using scripts on this page. Doesn't matter if I choose yes or no. It just closes. I found a way to go into my computer etc. and run it from there and it worked, but now I have also reinstalled Business, Pets and Season. It's saying the same thing on launching and opening with my computer etc. I really want the launch page to work. Also somehow I've installed a program called Origin that I don't want. When I open that it just shows Sims 3.

I probably explained that all wrong, but any suggestions on what to do? I'm running XP. Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: Sims 2 won't launch
Check for Java updates just in case, also Flash.

It's worth checking if you are eligible for that TS2 ultimate download offer if you have all the add on packs via Origin.

Origin are in charge of all the downloading of digital content for TS2 & TS3 now (apart from the Store for TS3). Like most matters EA, the choice is no choice.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
17-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Checked for updates, still not working. I wouldn't be eligible for the ultimate download because I don't have all the add on packs How would I bypass the launcher now? I just have Business, Pets and Seasons installed. That's all I have. I don't really care about the launcher and why would I need Origin now? Never needed it before? Not only does it not work. The Sims 2 isn't even listed. Help me I just want to play. How do I bypass the launcher screen?

Thanks in advance
17-07-2014, 10:21 PM
You only have to register one game to get the TS2 ultimate collection, apparently. It might be worth doing seeing as origin seems to have insisted installing itself anyway and EA will, from what I have read, stop supporting versions of TS2 other than the ultimate collection. There's a FAQ here in case that is any use to you.
18-07-2014, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2014 03:58 AM by pinkwave.)
I already uninstalled Origin. I really didn't know what it was for? When I opened it, it only had Sims 3 on it? At least it said Sims 3. I never clicked on it. What should I do now? Reinstall it? What is the Ultimate collection anyway? every expansion pack? With my luck I'll register and it won't work. What do you suggest I do? duh

Ok I reinstalled Origin and I only see Sims 3. I can't find anything about Sims 2? How do I get the Ultimate collection?
18-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I think you have to register a TS2 game within Origin in order to be eligible to get the UC. As far as I know it consists of all the expansions. I really don't know anything beyond that, I'm afraid, as I don't use Origin myself and all my games are on discs. If you can't get your TS2 to install properly then I can only suggest posting at the Answer HQ (I linked to it earlier) and someone there will try to help you.
19-07-2014, 03:14 AM
Ok thanks. All my games are also on discs. Maybe I won't be able to get the collection or maybe it's too soon. I can still play my game. I figured out how to bypass the launcher. Funny, I think I prefer Sims 2 to Sims 3 in so many ways. Not ALL ways, but I think it's more enjoyable. Probably not a popular opinion. Dunno
19-07-2014, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2014 06:47 PM by Caspin.)
I loved TS2! I can't go back now, I'd miss the open neighbourhood too much and I'm addicted to CASt, but TS2 did have a certain charm, that's for sure.

You might want to keep checking this thread. It would seem that they are going to help folks with TS2 on discs to register on Origin to be able to access the UC. Keep an eye on it next week and maybe all will become clear.