or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
That awkward moment when...
01-09-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: That awkward moment when...
Midgard, Isengard, Irmgard... you're right, it's definitely a place. Big Grin
German townie names can be awful.

10 kids are a lot indeed, but I don't think I ever had more than 4 at the same time. Also, they were adopted as children, so there was no endless crying and going potty and what not.

I'm just now seeing that I uploaded a picture showing this texture failure I used to have. The college yard isn't supposed to be blue and black letters on white background, you know. BangHead

Oh, and Mr. Wardrobe Malfunction? That's Angelo.
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 04:52 PM
I had a house with six kids in TS3 once, all from birth with the full whack of crying and chaos. Never again! Wacko
15-10-2015, 09:03 PM
It's been forever since I updated this...

Let's take a look at the Qui family. Mei is a family aspiration with the LTW to celebrate her 50th anniversary. Mo's a knowledge aspiration and wants to complete all 7 skills.
Means: Neither of them got a job, they had a lot of time to care for possible children.

Mo and Mei were newly married and moved to a cute little house together. It didn't take long before Mei was (obviously) pregnant.
[Image: LtSeyLx.jpg]

They had a girl. I named her Yuki. Yuki will appear as some kind of phantom to you because I don't have any pictures of her child years (stupid me).
That was child number one.

Then, while skilling his logic with a telescope, Mo got abducted by aliens.
[Image: y5yBAaC.jpg]

The green little boy he popped out three days later got the name Mollem (named after a minor Stargate character).
That was baby number two.

Mei, family oriented as she was, wanted another child of her own (although she got along with Mollem).
Another girl was born, Hina, baby number three.

Of course, the kids soon made friends with the neighbours.
Mollem met Chris Vegée:
[Image: rA9Fot2.jpg]

...and Hina seems to like Chris' brother Lutz.
[Image: brMT50m.jpg]

[Image: n0byoVX.jpg]

Hina: You're an alien. So you're from space? Like... an astronaut?
Mollem : *sigh* For the 100th time, no! I was born in this house!

Hina may not be the brightest of the Qui children, but obviously, she's good at making - and keeping - friends.
[Image: eiAFG8s.jpg]

Can it be that it's more than friendship after all?

Before she became too old, Mei wanted to have one last child. Maybe a boy this time?
Mei DID get pregnant, and Mo got abducted by aliens again. Mei had twin boys (Kenta and Kaito), Mo had a girl (Teyla).
[Image: DRN5udL.jpg]

And those were babies four, five and six.
[Image: LrrTlhz.jpg]

They needed a really big children's room now! Big Grin

[Image: fRVfVbO.jpg]

Kenta (or Kaito, who knows): Mo-em!
Mollem: Mollem! That's me! Awww, I'm his first word!

Looks like Mollem is good with children.
[Image: mi2gquc.jpg]

Good for him. He'll have quite a lot of them himself.
(The picture is him feeding his niece, Chelsea, with her father in the background, John Vegée. Have fun puzzling the family tree out, Caspin!)
16-10-2015, 01:08 PM
I'd love to see a family reunion of the Qui family.
18-10-2015, 12:47 AM
I'll try and make one next time I'm playing Mollem and his family!
Now that you say it, I should really do more family pictures. It's no fun talking about how big the family is and not being able to see them Undecided
18-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Aw, I like the Qui family! If neither Mei nor Mo have jobs, what do the family do for money? Or is it best not to ask?

I am quite jealous of your alien babies. Must get some of those in my game. Damned abductions always seem to happen to female sims for me, though. Not sure why. Anyway, Mollem seems a nice kid, but he is completely lacking a nose!
18-10-2015, 09:28 PM
The lack of nose seems to be a part of being alien. Teyla doesn't have one, either, or any of Mollem's green-skinned children.

About the money: You see the machine in the back of the picture where Mollem teaches his brother to talk? It's illegal, and will sometimes spontanously catch fire, but it gets the job done.
19-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Oh yes, I see now. Fiendish criminality! Printing their own money so that they can avoid work to spend all day making babies? I do like this couple's style! Clapping
20-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Sooo... It is time for some family reunion pictures.

First, the family tree.
[Image: 8ozxNWG.png]

For the partners of the Qui children aren't shown, some quick update on the "Who with whom" (Did I use whom correctly? please?) :
Yuki, the oldest, married John Vegée (as mentioned before).
3 daughters: Chelsea, London and Sydney (I like to do name themes Smile )

Mollem married John's adoptive sister Chris and went full creative with the kids' names:
Yazmeen, Yohanah and Yoolian, Yozephah and Yanique, Yustyna, Yanyna.

Hina and Lutz did not work on the long term, because Lutz' LTW was dating 50 different sims. Instead, Hina married Mika, the Maiwald surprise baby.
They had a daughter called Dima together, then Hina cheated with (surprise) David and had twins who in a moment of brainfart she both named Luka.

Kaito married a blonde woman named Walburga (dang townie names. She was adopted by a gay couple at toddler age).
Kids: Ben and Mia, Emma, Hanna and Finn (yes, twins twice)

Kenta married Rosemarie, the youngest daughter of Mick Maiwald and Kira Vegée (I told you they were engaged).
Like Kenta, she's also a twin.
They had, surprise, twins: Oberon and Macaria, then Despina, Kallisto (girl), Daphne.

Teyla's husband is a child of Mara Maiwald and David, named Esmeral. (He and all his siblings have made up names).
Her oldest son Amethyst is actually by Esmeral's brother Viocen, the twin babies (by Esmeral) are called Esmeral II and Rubin.

Yuki's oldest daughter Chelsea married Esmerals brother Anfejo.
They had twins twice: Nancy and Nelson, Jason and Jayden.

Mollem's son Yoolian got Anfejo's and Esmeral's youngest sister, Ricabelle, pregnant very early in college. The girl's called Fara.

Phew. That took longer than expected. I'll add the actual pictures tomorrow. Now I'll go hide in some hole where I can think about why I recall all that from mind while I should better be studying for my finals which are in friggin 5 weeks!
Also I'm just now realising that family tree's got twins ten times. It's like twinception here!
21-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Time for some family reunion pictures.

[Image: SSq3Jm3.jpg]

Come all in!
Chris: "You must be Amethyst. Nice to meet you!"

[Image: Bw6N6vN.jpg]

Mika: You're Yustyna, the daughter of Mollem who is the brother of Hina who is my wife. So you're my niece. Got it?

[Image: lizmf07.jpg]

Mika: "And you are...?"
Ben: "Ben."
Mika: "...?"
Ben: "Just Ben."

[Image: 7G1Exc8.jpg]

Fara and Yustyna look so alike, isn't it cute? Cute, green and noseless <3

[Image: 3w1OssP.jpg]

Kallisto: "Uhm, guys, shouldn't we, like, go to school?"

[Image: TBb5cnV.jpg]

What this room need is definitely MORE TEENAGE COUSINS

[Image: vK6OaxP.jpg]

Yohanah thinks Kenta is really good with the piano.

[Image: BbewlML.jpg]

Hina: "Guess what, my youngest totally burned her toast the other day!"
Yuki: "No way!!"
Yozephah: "My aunts are friggin' nuts."

[Image: 2hPWsKI.jpg]

Maybe Sydney would be more willing to hug cousin Yazmeen if she wasn't making that face?

[Image: rfUlhZp.jpg]

No family reunion without bitchfight issues.
(I'm not subtexting this one, think of something yourself.)

[Image: eNunHFX.jpg]

Teyla and her niece Yanyna <3

[Image: dkZhqXi.jpg]

Time for a group picture! Come outside everyone!
(That's not even close to everyone)

[Image: TjGYAXD.jpg]

Yozephah: "It's family reunion and I'm playing chess."
Ben: "At least you're playing chess with extended family?"