Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Assorted stories
18-05-2015, 03:12 AM
Assorted stories
Hi,

I have some assorted stories going on my blog. I can post links to the blog or I could try to reproduce the stories here. Please let me know what is preferable. Thank you.
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: Assorted stories
Hey there

Well, my suggestion would be either to reproduce the stories here, if that is possible, or else to at least provide a synopsis and a few pictures as well as the link. If you just post the link then it's possible that people won't be bothered to click through, as they don't know what to expect, but if you provide a bit to hook their interest then they may go further.

Looking forward to seeing your stuff! Smile
20-05-2015, 01:27 PM
I'll see what I can do. Thanks!
30-05-2015, 04:56 AM
”Ooooooh,” Violet winced as she felt muscles she’d never encountered before protest violently within her. “I’m too old for this nonsense.” It took her several moments to realize that something was off. The room was too orderly and sanitary to be her bedroom, and the furniture was decent – even stately. She took stock. Her eighteenth birthday and grad had fallen on the same day and she’d spent the night accordingly. Hearing plates clattering and voices downstairs, she got on a bathrobe from the regal-looking wardrobe and wandered for the stairs.
[Image: uniwaker.jpg]

“I thought you’d sleep right through orientation day.” The stranger in the pink Mohawk said in a pleasant voice as Violet came into the kitchen. “Want a pastry?”
“Orientation day?” Violet echoed, trying to clear a stray cobweb from her mind. “The last thing I remember was seeing a rocket flying overhead. Where am I?” she accepted a piping-hot cinnamon pastry. It tasted delicious.
“You said you didn’t want to wait for September for university to start so here we are. My name's Viola, by the way. Want some milk?”
[Image: uni.jpg]

To be continued?
30-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Yay, TS2! Clapping

Please do continue. Always nice to wake up to a cinnamon pastry isn't it. If Violet is feeling the pain of a night out at 18, tell her to wait a couple of decades then she will truly feel beaten up after an overindulgence!
01-06-2015, 01:18 PM
I got a series started around my TS3 family. You can find the first installment of the series on my blog. I deleted the images from my computer so I don't think I can reproduce the first story here but I can reproduce the second one here.
The first story is called 'A Rakish Fellow'. Here is the link: http://wry7000.blogspot.ca/2015/05/a-rakish-fellow.html

Here's the 2nd installment

What do we do about Daddy?

Kath was worried. Her father’s passion for raking had turned into the family’s leaf-clad skeleton in the closet and it did not want to go away. He denied before the gods themselves that he had a problem but Kath had watched him enough to know better.
[Image: And1.jpg]

It wasn’t that he’d tried to turn his mind to other things. He’d tried to break into music but the jeering critics had driven him back into his shell and back to the leaf piles. Their rustling comforted him and calmed him. Surely his daughter could understand that.
[Image: And2.jpg]

But Kath didn’t understand. Growing more and more concerned she sought out her mother’s advice. Instead of seeing the situation in the same light, Pam was instantly critical of Kath’s worries.
[Image: And3.jpg]

Pam had her own worries and fears to attend to these days. Her search for the elixir of youth was going nowhere and the face in the mirror was growing more and more impatient.
[Image: And4.jpg]

After days of constant discussion Pam finally broke down and agreed they should have an intervention with Andrew. When he grew defensive she and Kath took to the rakes just to show him how boring the activity actually was. The three of them raked for hours, even as the rain came down in sheets.
[Image: And5.jpg]

It did not go well. Pam caught fire trying to burn a pile of leaves while Kath caught a nasty cold. Andrew lay down for a nap and slept like an innocent. Pam was out of the intervention business. Kath was on her own.
[Image: And6.jpg]
01-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Blimey, that's a lot of raking! I can understand that, though - I think raking leaves is quite relaxing and therapeutic. Should I be worried?
02-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Raking is a very Zen sort of thing to do but my sims always seem to end up raking in the rain. I have a plan for part three of this raking story but that won't be for a while. I might continue with Violet and her Uni adventures as well. Not sure yet.
02-06-2015, 10:31 PM
This story is surreal!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
03-06-2015, 03:23 AM
I thought about calling it A Rake's Progress but that's digging deep even for me. I'm getting the pics together for the 3rd installment - Andrew made tracks for the Leaf Pile in the Sky recently so this will be a three-parter. Smile