Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Assorted stories
03-06-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Assorted stories
I like surreal. Looking forward to seeing more soothing raking action.
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Third installment of the Raker's Progress coming up! I'm trying to put together an installment of characters from TS4. The first two are on my blog. As my compy is 100% happy with TS2 I'll try to get more Violet pics together to tell her story as well.
Meanwhile, here we go!

Turning over una nueva pagina

The dawning winter brought little joy for the Ficus clan. Once again Andrew gave himself over to the deadly rake and spent untold hours in service to the pile.

[Image: And1.jpg]

When he wasn't raking he was working. Until the day the news came in the mail that he'd earned his Magic 80 and he could retire. On his last day at work, he hobbled to his car, keenly aware that this was a major change in his life. Perhaps it was time to make other... changes... in his life.

[Image: And2.jpg]

Through the next four months his craving for the rake waxed and waned. Kath became his greatest supporter. She brought him to his first RA meeting and watched him take the pledge with hope shining in her eyes. It was very hard at first.

[Image: And3.jpg]

And even after distancing himself from the park with its temptations Andrew still wrestled with his yearnings.

[Image: And4.jpg]

But that night by the water got him thinking. How liberating it would be to relax and let go of his fears; surrounded on all sides by the buoyant comfort of the ocean. He started small with the hot tub Pam bought him to celebrate his retirement.

[Image: And5.jpg]

Early one morning, in the bracing chill of late spring, Andrew pulled on his bathing cap and threw himself into the ocean with wild, delighted abandon. Such freedom! Such a thrill!

[Image: And6.jpg]

And from now on, whenever Andrew needs some yardwork done, he hires the kid next door.
10-06-2015, 09:37 PM
So he gave up raking for hot tubbing? I really do like his style!
11-06-2015, 02:33 AM
Of course, most people would look forward to a relaxing swim or some hot tubbing after a few hours of raking. Andrew got rid of the middle man, so to speak.
11-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Mmmmmm bubbles...... I wonder if we could get a hot tub for the backyard of the SimsForums house. Can you look into this please, Minty? Ta.

I wonder if anyone has made a robotic leaf raker? Like one of those robo vacuum cleaners? That would be cool. As long as it doesn't fall in the hot tub.
11-06-2015, 12:54 PM
I've heard of the power rake so maybe one could rig up a remote control for a power rake. Speaking of tubs, I have another story coming together based on my TS3 family. Much shorter than my Raker's Progress trilogy. I just need to get a couple more pics and I should be ready.
16-06-2015, 02:47 AM
I have a story from TS4 going on as well. The first two installments are on the blog. The first one is called Grief while the second one is called Life and Times of Howie.

Here's the latest one. It's called Owner of a Broken Heart

Three months after his painful breakup, poor Howie was still in a funk.

[Image: break1.png]

Lucia continued to cause no end of drama at his front door. She’d ‘washed her hands’ of him and of their daughter but she kept coming around.

[Image: break2.png]

Even complete strangers were not immune to her emotional rampages.

[Image: break3.png]

Howie knew he could call up a few buddies for the latest bad jokes and other moral support and on his good days, things were cool at the pool.

[Image: break4.png]

But on his bad days, Howie felt that his life was in the trash and all he could do was play the blues.

[Image: break5.png]

I'm almost ready for my TS3 family again. Thank you.
01-07-2015, 02:00 AM
There are times I love having a hydrophobic sim.

Submitted for your approval, I call this story 'An Aquatic Evil'

How did it all begin? Chris was never sure, but a promising friendship one day ended in bitter tears.
[Image: mrtub1.jpg]

From then on, he never felt safe going into the bathroom alone. Whenever he stepped over the threshold the vile Mr. Tub lay in wait. The struggles were terrible at times.
[Image: mrtub2.jpg]

In desperation, Chris approached his wife for help and advice. That's when she mentioned that 'Better Witchcraft Through Chemistry' ad they'd both seen on the TV.
[Image: mrtub3.jpg]

Revelling in his newfound powers, he practiced day and night to increase his skills.
[Image: mrtub4.jpg]

Feeling confident after six months of solid training, he ventured into the bathroom to do battle with his dreaded foe. It was a gruesome and bloody battle but Mr. Tub was conquered and Chris emerged triumphant.
[Image: mrtub5.jpg]

Unfortunately, what our hero hadn't reckoned on was that tubs always travelled in packs. And they were unspeakably cunning.
[Image: mrtub6.jpg]

The End.
05-07-2015, 09:29 PM
That last hot tub looks like a disguised alien mothership.

Isn't the golden rule never to let your Sims use a hot tub unless Catloverplayer has given it his special seal of approval? Biggrin
Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
08-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Nice to see that your TS4 sims are suitably "emotional". Weird how they wear their flip-flops while paddling their feet in the pool isn't it (or is that normal)?

We are definitely getting a hot tub. With an umbrella so we can use it in almost all weathers!