Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Witness
08-05-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 12:34 PM by Wandarine.)
The Witness
Also known as "Another reason I haven't been playing Sims lately".

[Image: JQOrksr.jpg]

From the look of it, this could be Sims 4 (surprise, it's not.)
It's a quite new and fun puzzle game. The game mechanics are simple: 2 walking speeds, no jumping or falling. The only way to interact with your environment are the puzzles. Most of them are labyrinths and look more or less like this:

[Image: YfvkyYm.jpg]

Yes, rectangular grids with stuff on it is all there is to it. And yet the game is surprisingly complex and challenging. Which makes it even more impressive that it is basically bug-free.

And it's great to look at!

It gets a Portal-ish look towards the end. I like Portal.

[Image: 424KxYG.jpg]

(That is, by the way, the puzzle I'm stuck with at the moment.)

And you can drive around in a boat! Boats are fun!
[Image: gA5y0AX.jpg]

edit: I hate imgur.
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: The Witness
Good heavens, that really does look like TS4 at first glance! I like puzzles as well, although I am usually terribly slow at solving anything. I once got stuck in a maze in a Tombraider game for an entire night - meaning that I was playing for an hour in the evening, got stuck, then next thing I knew it was the next morning and my eyes were stinging. Hopefully you are a better puzzle-solver than me! Biggrin

It does look really nice and perhaps even relaxing. Nothing more fun than driving about in a boat!
16-05-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: The Witness
They were giving it very good reviews on GINX. Looks intense.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]