Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old And New Infomation On The Sims 3
29-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Old And New Infomation On The Sims 3
Hi this is my first post I was looking at snootysims.com and I found some info on the sims 3 that you might have heard before or it's new to you, and it could answer some questions.  Smile

Neighborhood:
- Seamless Nhood: Your Sim can visit neighbors, parks and shops without a loading screen.
- All the neighboring Sims will live their life and age simultaniously as your Sim (They'll get married, get jobs,etc).
- The game will ship with 1 Neighborhood.
- That Nhood will consist of about 97 different lots.
- When the game is out, you can download towns, made by other people.
- All buildings in the Nhood can be interacted with, so no prop buildings.
- Confirmed community places are: Pool, Park, Bistro, Clothing store, City Hall and Bookstore.
- The Nhood can expand by users and/or by expansionpacks.
- You can zoom out to see the whole Nhood at once or zoom in to a single Sim.

Sims:
- Personality sliders are reduced from 8 to 3, one being a Fun to Stress meter. Bladder, Hygiene, etc. are still there but hidden.
- Sims 3 have Traits. Choose 5 from around 80 types like Dreamer, Evil, Playful, etc. These Traits will affect how a Sim behaves towards others and affects their moods, like the mood of an Outdoorsperson will raise when he/she is outside. An evil Sim may slap another Sim.
- Traits could be passed down, and actions a Sim does during her pregnancy will affect the traits of her offspring.
- Moodlets instead of a moodbar. If something happens like a marriage, the Sim gets a moodlet. These moodlets will affect your Sims' mood and give abilities like learning faster. An example: Getting fired will get you a long lasting, big impact moodlet, while going to a small party will get them a short, non-dramatic moodlet.
- They will look after themselves better.
- Sims have certain skills like cooking or fishing.
- You can fulfil needs by simply clicking on an icon.
- Instead of fixed interaction (like Talk or Joke), the options are filtered on your current Mood or your Traits.
- Sims can aquire Dreams. Like if your Sim sees that a Neigbor has a big tv, your Sim can get a Dream to want one too. You decide then, to turn it into a Promise. Ignoring a Dream is ok, but ignoring a Promise gives you negative repercussions.

Careers/Jobs:
- You can follow your Sim in its car to work. You won't see your Sim working though; He/She will disapear in the building.
- Advancing in career is changed as it depends on skills, personality, relationship with colleagues/boss and even certain goals that has to be fulfilled. For example taking work home.
- 2 Confirmed careers are Cooking and Science.
- Sims can take part-time jobs.

CAS:
- Body can be shaped as faces were in Sims 2.
- There are sliders for weight and fitness.
- Arm and legs are seperate so you can have a fat body and thin arms.
- Sims you created fat, can become thin by exersizing, thin created people get fat by eating a lot.
- You can choose specific Asian and African models.
- You can choose a Sims' favorite color, music type, food, etc.
- Shoes are seperate and can also choose barefoot.
- Clothes are customizable from CAS; Change the color of a certain piece of clothes or use your own patterns.

Misc:
- Sims can cook and fish. Buy groceries or grow the food yourself.
- The game has been made so that will also run smoothly on older PC's.
- Clothes, furniture and homes can be customized.
- You can use your own patterns/colours and then apply it to anything through a drag-and-drop interface.
- The game will have modding tools built into it.
- There's no online multiplayer
- You can pick up items (garbage, books,etc) yourself with a Hand cursor.
- Wind will move the trees.
- Paintings that a Sim makes, will be unique to each Sim. It's based on its personality and mood.

Things that will not change:
- Sims still talk in Simlish
- Sims can still pee their pants, die of hunger, etc.
- Confirmed ages: Baby, Children, Adult, Elder.
- There are still thought bubbles that tell which needs must be fulfilled like Hunger. These bubbles show in the control panel though and not hover over the Sims' head.
- Sims still have an inventory system to put things in like groceries.
- There will be expansions (duh).
- There are still same-s3x couples and they can still adopt children.
- You can still design, build, and furnish a home.
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2008, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2008 01:47 AM by 2bcoolisme.)
Re: Old And New Infomation On The Sims 3
thanx,i was worried if it would be able to run on my laptop,and it is so cool that u posted this

~bcool<br />[Image: signature1edit4efo7.jpg]
<br />Come and see me at http://www.Youtube.com/user/2bcoolisme<br /> my screenname is 2bcoolisme come n watch <br />u know u want 2 : )= and myspace is http://www.MySpace.com/simsaddictGello<br />The ppl on here r like My Second Family ^^ love ya guys Smile
29-03-2008, 01:41 AM
That was really long abd I didn't know some stuff, but others were really cool news, like the personality of sims based on their mother's labor, thats odd, but I guess it makes sense.
29-03-2008, 01:57 AM
(29-03-2008 01:13 AM)*Eternal Memory* link Wrote:- You can choose a Sims' favorite color, music type, food, etc.

I like this part! ;D Seems really cool.
Thanks for the info! Most of it was already known, but a few things I definately did not know! So thanks a lot! ;D

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
29-03-2008, 04:10 AM
(29-03-2008 01:57 AM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:[quote author=*Eternal Memory* link=topic=1329.msg25359#msg25359 date=1206749600]
Yeah I did'nt no this either thanks for the info.

I like this part! ;D Seems really cool.
Thanks for the info! Most of it was already known, but a few things I definately did not know! So thanks a lot! ;D
[/quote]
29-03-2008, 04:28 AM
thx 4 posting that topic becuz i didnt kno some of that stuff ;D

miSS MoDeL™ is MoDeL MateriAL
29-03-2008, 04:49 AM
cool . sims3 sounds more realistic.
29-03-2008, 04:57 AM
http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3index.php?id=traits

Snooty also posted all of the traits (known to this date)

:-P

Believe nothing no matter where you read it or who has said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddah<br /><br />(My Avatar) ==&gt; http://i29.tinypic.com/1zx6ttt.jpg<br /><br />[right][size=5pt]Cranberry Sauce[/size][/right]
29-03-2008, 03:15 PM
- Sims can take part-time jobs.
- Shoes are seperate and can also choose barefoot.
- Clothes are customizable from CAS; Change the color of a certain piece of clothes or use your own patterns.

those r my favorites
29-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Part-time jobs?! That's great! It will be handy for mums with young kids