Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Word On Height?
14-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Re: Any Word On Height?
-changing heigths could mess up animations, maybe, lol,,,    i  dont need it, the code in sims 2 was ok.
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I was wondering about this also. I would love to have a short family or a tall family. Or maybe one parent of both and the child ends up being average height. I think that having differing heights would add to  the game very much. It makes each sim that much more unique to its player.
15-03-2008, 12:34 AM
I would like the varrying heights, but it does seem highly impractical, with the differing animations etc.

I don't really mind them being of all the same height. Being a very average heigt myself I've never really noticed the difference Smile
15-03-2008, 01:19 AM
I wouldn't really mind them being the same height but I think it would perhaps be a good change if say, the men were taller than the women ... as it normally is in reality Smile
15-03-2008, 02:38 AM
i agree height would be GREAT

AWESOME

i hope so!

When life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand the oranges you asked for.
15-03-2008, 06:35 AM
(14-03-2008 08:39 PM)Majithise link Wrote:There's also the technical problems with heights.  With weight changes they can still use the same models and animations, just make the sim look fatter/skinnier.  With heights, the animations would all need to change as the height changes.  Otherwise, say while preparing a meal on the counter, a tall sim's hands may be in the air and a short one may have their hands inside of it.  Of course they could design the game to dynamically alter the animations but that gets complicated.  The easiest option if they allow heigh changes would be to allow sims to be "short" "average" or "tall" to limit the number of variations.  But with them wanting to make everything as flexible as possible, maybe they will put in the effort to do more.

It would be pretty amazing to see.

I understand. It's like that Stretch Skeleton cheat for The Sims 2. The person's arms, when preparing a meal, were not near the food.

I would be great if there was a height option, even though it would be difficult to make.
15-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Height is the most thing I'm worried about I do not want the same heighted sims! That would be uncreative D:

If you don't babble, you can't get set-up.
15-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah I know, all Sims being the same height gets really boring.  I would love to see an offspring of a very tall sim and a very short sim, I am sure the offspring would be quite hilarious looking.

[center]*CupcakesandPlumbobs*<br />Rachel<br />[Image: thcupcake.jpg]
<br />http://www.myspace.com/saintrachel<br />AIM=AStrawberrySlush[/center]
15-03-2008, 11:36 PM
From what I can see they all look the same height, but I’m sure that will change.

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
16-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I think it would be cool to have heights but the more i read, the more i doubt it will happen. Espically if the game is to be realeased on time..