30-03-2008, 09:30 PM
harry potter?
do you like harry potter? how much?
i love harry potter its my life Smile
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Re: harry potter?
There are 3 threads about HP already .
Anyway, yea, I kinda do like it, it's alright. But I wouldn't say that it's my life.

- //::ƒяεaκzỉỉℓℓa::\\ -

[Image: 2yo9xci.jpg]
30-03-2008, 11:30 PM
I voted that it's my life :Smile :-[...

But I agree with Freakziilla, I think there are too many HP threads. If we're going to talk HP, it would be better to just have one big thread rather than all these little ones.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
01-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Agreed Smile Or just migrate over to an HP forum Smile 'When S3 fans attack HP forums...'

I laugh at my own lameness... Wink

Anyway, I adore the HP series. I've been reading them from the start. I was one of the weirdos waiting in line at 12:01 in the morning every single time a new book was released. The movies are pretty awesome as well. Sometimes I would go see the late showing of the latest movie right before buying the book, if the release date happened to be within the run of the movie (like for HP7 I saw HP5 at the theatre first and then went to wait in line ;D).

Yeah, I'm a dork Wink

I do have one complaint about the series, though. However, I'm kind of scared to share it on here because I'm afraid Cassie might kill me for saying such a thing Wink As far as HP goes, it seems she's just as big a fan as I am.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
01-04-2008, 07:10 PM
i picked that it's ok.

i've got all the books, some in dutch, some in english, the last one i got all the way from the US Tongue

i liked the first two movies though after that they were just crap...

[Image: dragonimage_101027_78514_pixel.gif]
<br />[Image: dragonimage_139050_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_180894_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_223605_78514_pixel.gif]
01-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Yes I am a huge fan! I'm one of those who is on the HP forums everyday (well, I used to, I don't anymore since the books have stopped, I don't really want to talk about the movies so much) talking about things from Lily and Snape's relationship right up to Dobby's socks... there have been some pretty random threads I've talked on lol. I sit up all night reading them, I've read them so many times now, I know practically anything you want to know about the series.

Bambi, did you do the OWL's on Jo's site? If you did, what did you get for them? I got 2 Outstanding's and one Exceeds Expectations, which I'm pretty happy with. Surprisingly, it was the first test I did the worst at, which was the easiest... it seems I know all the complicated stuff. :Smile I dressed up as Hermione for a couple of fancy dress parties, too, I look at HP videos everyday on youtube, I stalk all the actors and actresses by going on this site where it has all their private pictures http://www.emma-watson-fans.net/gallery/, I read HP Fanfics so much that I confuse FF with the real books (I also write my own FF but I'm too scared to put them online incase people think they're stupid), I have about 1000 pounds worth of memorabilia, I have a copy of Hermione's time turner necklace that I wear every day and it cost me £200, and also I'm hoping to go to the Half-Blood Prince Premiere this year. Hopefully.

I also auditioned for the part of Luna Lovegood despite not being old enough (they never found out because I didn't get called back, however my cousin got through to the second auditions, unfortunately she never got further, either), and MAN DID I WANT TO BE LAVENDAR! SHE KISSES RUPERT! I'M NOT OLD ENOUGH! I was so gutted that I wasn't old enough. I was 14 and you had to be a least 15. But it turned out they didn't even pick a girl from the auditions. They picked Jessie Cave, that girl from the CBBC Show "Summerhill", if anyone saw it. The one with blonde hair, I forget her name now. And did you know they are making Lavender have GLASSES? I pictured her as a Bimbo, gossipy-type girl, so this surprises me. Oh and I can't wait to see Ron doing his Quidditch scenes :-* Big Grin...  Oh and they're releasing some WB Promos of Hermione (may be some more characters as well though) tomorrow and also the day after. Incase you didn't know.

And now, my blabbering is over. Phew! :Smile ;D

PS: Bambi, it's really okay, you can complain if you like, I don't mind lol. I'm so glad you're a fan too! NothaI have anything against people who don't, not at all, I just love it when I find... eh, one of my own kind, I'll say. I promise I won't get mad whatever you say! Wink Big Grin

01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
(01-04-2008 07:17 PM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:I'm one of those who is on the HP forums everyday (well, I used to, I don't anymore since the books have stopped, I don't really want to talk about the movies so much) talking about things from Lily and Snape's relationship right up to Dobby's socks... there have been some pretty random threads I've talked on lol. I sit up all night reading them, I've read them so many times now, I know practically anything you want to know about the series.

Same here Smile I was just as bad, if not worse, on HP forums as I am on here. I hardly ever took a break Wink

dateline= Wrote:Bambi, did you do the OWL's on Jo's site? If you did, what did you get for them? I got 2 Outstanding's and one Exceeds Expectations, which I'm pretty happy with. Surprisingly, it was the first test I did the worst at, which was the easiest... it seems I know all the complicated stuff. :Smile

Yes, I did Smile 'Cause I'm a nut like that Wink Wow, that's pretty cool - we both got the same scores Smile I did the worst on the first one, too. We're so odd... Wink But that's awesome that we scored the same Big Grin

dateline= Wrote:I dressed up as Hermione for a couple of fancy dress parties, too...

Oh, I totally did that for Halloween. Although, I ended up looking more like Ginny...oh, well Wink

dateline= Wrote:I look at HP videos everyday on youtube...

Guilty. I admit to having a playlist specifically for HP videos... Smile

dateline= Wrote:I stalk all the actors and actresses by going on this site where it has all their private pictures http://www.emma-watson-fans.net/gallery/...

Haha...stalking. Nice way to put it. Again, guilty as charged Wink

dateline= Wrote:I read HP Fanfics so much that I confuse FF with the real books (I also write my own FF but I'm too scared to put them online incase people think they're stupid)...

Ah, the greatest HP-related activity for fans aside from forums. I totally confuse FF with the actual books. I also admit to confusing HP dreams with the books Wink I'm so weird Wink

I've posted a couple of my own FF. Don't be scared - trust me, there are some pretty horrible stories out there. Your's can't be nearly as bad as some of those. Also, never not do something just because you're scared of how people will react/the outcome (there I go offering my old lady advice again Wink).

dateline= Wrote:I have about 1000 pounds worth of memorabilia, I have a copy of Hermione's time turner necklace that I wear every day and it cost me £200, and also I'm hoping to go to the Half-Blood Prince Premiere this year. Hopefully.

Too spooky...we're SO similar. I guess most true HP fans are Wink Online stores were my best friends for the longest time, as was this shop in Ireland that reeked of HP Wink I've been to two HP premieres so far (for GoF and OotP), and let me tell you, it's amazing. I hope you get to go! Maybe I'll see you there Smile

dateline= Wrote:I also auditioned for the part of Luna Lovegood despite not being old enough (they never found out because I didn't get called back, however my cousin got through to the second auditions, unfortunately she never got further, either), and MAN DID I WANT TO BE LAVENDAR! SHE KISSES RUPERT! I'M NOT OLD ENOUGH! I was so gutted that I wasn't old enough. I was 14 and you had to be a least 15. But it turned out they didn't even pick a girl from the auditions. They picked Jessie Cave, that girl from the CBBC Show "Summerhill", if anyone saw it. The one with blonde hair, I forget her name now. And did you know they are making Lavender have GLASSES? I pictured her as a Bimbo, gossipy-type girl, so this surprises me. Oh and I can't wait to see Ron doing his Quidditch scenes :-* Big Grin...  Oh and they're releasing some WB Promos of Hermione (may be some more characters as well though) tomorrow and also the day after. Incase you didn't know.

I wanted to audition. Unfortunately I missed it Sad Oh, well. Hopefully Jessie will make us proud Wink

Same here - I totally pictured her as a gossip girl. The kind that links arms and makes huddles with her friends to laugh at/talk about someone. Glasses? Weird... All I have to say is hopefully they won't be like Harry's Wink

dateline= Wrote:PS: Bambi, it's really okay, you can complain if you like, I don't mind lol. I'm so glad you're a fan too! NothaI have anything against people who don't, not at all, I just love it when I find... eh, one of my own kind, I'll say. I promise I won't get mad whatever you say! Wink Big Grin

Like I said, I love the series to death, and Jo is my hero for creating such a fantastic story/world. But...I feel she didn't take as much time with the last couple of books. They didn't have quite the same spark the first couple did. Again, I love all the books and will most likely have them buried with me, but...I don't know how to put it. I kind of come off as a hypocrite, though, because I keep saying my favourite books are probably 6 and 7 (aka the later books that I've just bashed).

There's just a VERY slight difference in quality. Very VERY slight. But she did take the most time with the earlier books, and they were much shorter than the others and times were less confusing, so that might have had something to do with it.

It's not really a complaint...more like an observation Wink

'One of my own kind' - very nice way of putting it Wink I agree, I love finding people with the same obsession I have Wink

Question for Cassie - which is your favorite book out of the seven?

01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Wow, what a post! Thank you for really paying attention to that post, you put tons of effort into replying! Big Grin

Okay, firstly, where on Earth do I start? We are so spookily alike. I'm so happy about this! I had playlists dedicated to Harry Potter in general, the Ron and Hermione Ship and Rupert Grint because I'm in love with him. I say I had because I forgot my account password or username, I have no idea which either is, which is a shame, because I put a lot of effort into building these huge playlists. On my account now, I do have quite a few HP videos, but nothing like I had before, unfortunately.

Then about the OWL Scores, WOW! That is incredibly odd, but really cool! I really enjoyed doing those OWL's though, I actually felt like a witch at Hogwarts. :Smile

Then I have to ask about premieres. I have never been fortunate enough to go to any premieres in my life, never mind any Harry Potter ones, however my mum is considering treating me this year due to some family problems I don't really want to go into much, but she knows I love Harry Potter and she seems like she's really going to let me. I'm going to go with one of my best friends Melissa, if she can. But yes, I have to ask, how does the whole premiere system work? I know nothing about them, so this sounds silly, but, do you have to pay for premieres or can anyone just go for free if your in the location at the time? I'm guessing you have to pay for something as spectacular as that, but I just would like to know. And have you managed to get any autographs? Did you get a hug or kiss from any of the cast? If you did, you are an extremely lucky person, and I shall be jealous of you until the day I too get an autograph/hug/kiss from any of the cast (particularly Rupert!). Big Grin And do so many people go that if, say you and I went, and I wanted to look out for you, would I be able to spot you?

And before I answer your question, about your very slight complaint... I actually agree. There is a spark, particularly in the first two, that I miss. Even in the third, too. Before their size tripled. I know what you mean. And I agree completely. The thing is though, I did read a Biography about Jo, and she was going through a very rough patch at the time of the fifth book, and I'm ashamed to say I can't remember why. I was 11 at the time of reading this, so I have an excuse. Wink

But even so, and this is where I answer your question, the 6th and 7th are indeed my favourites too. I liked the lighter tone book HBP presented compared with OOTP, which was a lot darker. But then, I felt so miserable at one point when I was reading book 7. The camping in particular, it was kind of draining my joy of having the book in my hands after so long of waiting. Not because I thought it was poorly written or boring or anything of the sort, I just missed Hogwarts. It makes me feel happy Big Grin! But Deathly Hallows is my favourite, particularly the war at the end, it's so enticing, I just got completely lost in it. Sometimes it was really funny to read that scene, others very depressing. There are a lot of deaths there, but one in particular upset me, though I won't say incase I spoil it for someone. There were so many deaths though, I was in utter shock. But I loved it when Ron and Hermione kissed! They are utterly adorable, I've been wanting them to get together since I was just 11! I started reading them when I was 6, but I wasn't interested (I didn't even notice) in the romances then.

Question for Bambi - How long did it take you to read Deathly Hallows?

01-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Harry Potter is AWESOME! I have all the books, and I've read all of them probably twice. I'm not as obsessed as Cassie and Wonder Doe (lol), but I am a big fan!

-Supergeek to the rescue!

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
01-04-2008, 11:02 PM
(01-04-2008 10:21 PM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:Wow, what a post! Thank you for really paying attention to that post, you put tons of effort into replying! Big Grin

No problem Smile Like I said, I'm a nut when it comes to HP. I feel the need to respond to every little thing Wink

dateline= Wrote:Okay, firstly, where on Earth do I start? We are so spookily alike. I'm so happy about this! I had playlists dedicated to Harry Potter in general, the Ron and Hermione Ship and Rupert Grint because I'm in love with him. I say I had because I forgot my account password or username, I have no idea which either is, which is a shame, because I put a lot of effort into building these huge playlists. On my account now, I do have quite a few HP videos, but nothing like I had before, unfortunately.

That's dreadful Sad I feel your pain, though. I've lost many a password/username. It's a sad, sad thing. Go R/Hr! Big Grin I have quite a few fan-made videos of them, of course Wink I have a lot of ship-related videos, actually Wink

dateline= Wrote:Then about the OWL Scores, WOW! That is incredibly odd, but really cool! I really enjoyed doing those OWL's though, I actually felt like a witch at Hogwarts. :Smile

Quite spooky, isn't it Big Grin. I totally agree- I loved taking the OWL's. Oh how I wish they were real, sometimes Wink 'Cause that would mean Hogwarts is real Big Grin

dateline= Wrote:Then I have to ask about premieres. I have never been fortunate enough to go to any premieres in my life, never mind any Harry Potter ones, however my mum is considering treating me this year due to some family problems I don't really want to go into much, but she knows I love Harry Potter and she seems like she's really going to let me. I'm going to go with one of my best friends Melissa, if she can. But yes, I have to ask, how does the whole premiere system work? I know nothing about them, so this sounds silly, but, do you have to pay for premieres or can anyone just go for free if your in the location at the time? I'm guessing you have to pay for something as spectacular as that, but I just would like to know. And have you managed to get any autographs? Did you get a hug or kiss from any of the cast? If you did, you are an extremely lucky person, and I shall be jealous of you until the day I too get an autograph/hug/kiss from any of the cast (particularly Rupert!). Big Grin And do so many people go that if, say you and I went, and I wanted to look out for you, would I be able to spot you?

Well, for starters, I'm sorry about your family issues. I, myself, have experienced my fair share of them, and I admit, they're not fun. If you ever do feel like venting, my PM box is always open Wink With all of the similarities we have, I wouldn't be surprised if we had similar problems Wink

On to the premiere - yes, you have to pay Wink I believe the price varies according to how many people are expected to attend and how close to the premiere it is. It can get VERY expensive, depending on the popularity of the movie and such. I actually won tickets to the fourth movie in a drawing for some ritzy auction I had to help with. My uncle bought me tickets to see the fifth film (he's pretty rich and hands out money like tissues), so I'm forever grateful for that.

So, I've never had to buy my own tickets Wink But I do know you have to pay for them. Or you might be lucky enough to win some, like I did.

I have autographs from nearly the whole cast, now. I only received a couple during the fifth premiere (mostly new cast members), but I was lucky enough to catch the main characters and some supporting characters during the fourth film's premiere.

Emma hugged me and, wait for it, Cassie...Rupert kissed my cheek Big Grin I also got hugs from Emma Thompson and Gary Oldman, but they sort of pale in comparison.

It's usually very crowded, but chances are you could find someone if you're really looking for them. If you can find your way through the sea of press people and star-hungry fans, you're in good shape Wink Most of the people you see lining the red carpet prior to the premiere don't actually make it in to the premiere. They're just fans. It's not as crazy as it seems on television.

At least, that's how I remember it Wink

dateline= Wrote:And before I answer your question, about your very slight complaint... I actually agree. There is a spark, particularly in the first two, that I miss. Even in the third, too. Before their size tripled. I know what you mean. And I agree completely. The thing is though, I did read a Biography about Jo, and she was going through a very rough patch at the time of the fifth book, and I'm ashamed to say I can't remember why. I was 11 at the time of reading this, so I have an excuse. Wink

Wow Smile Someone who actually agrees with me Smile We have way too much in common. Yeah, I heard about Jo's issues during the fifth book - can't say I remember either, though Wink I was 12, I guess, when I read about it...maybe 11. Who knows...either way, I'll have to do some research now Wink

dateline= Wrote:But even so, and this is where I answer your question, the 6th and 7th are indeed my favourites too. I liked the lighter tone book HBP presented compared with OOTP, which was a lot darker. But then, I felt so miserable at one point when I was reading book 7. The camping in particular, it was kind of draining my joy of having the book in my hands after so long of waiting. Not because I thought it was poorly written or boring or anything of the sort, I just missed Hogwarts. It makes me feel happy Big Grin! But Deathly Hallows is my favourite, particularly the war at the end, it's so enticing, I just got completely lost in it. Sometimes it was really funny to read that scene, others very depressing. There are a lot of deaths there, but one in particular upset me, though I won't say incase I spoil it for someone. There were so many deaths though, I was in utter shock. But I loved it when Ron and Hermione kissed! They are utterly adorable, I've been wanting them to get together since I was just 11! I started reading them when I was 6, but I wasn't interested (I didn't even notice) in the romances then.

Oh, the camping... I totally agree. Hogwarts is a big part of the HP series, and without it, it's just not the same. And I absolutely ADORE the last few chapters of DH. I agree about some parts being funny while others weren't funny at all. The scene with Mrs. Weasley was, I must admit, pretty hilarious Wink

And, yes, they seemed to all drop like flies, didn't they?

And again, go R/Hr!! I loved it when they finally kissed...totally loved it.

dateline= Wrote:Question for Bambi - How long did it take you to read Deathly Hallows?

The night Wink I really could not put it down. But at the same time, I kept thinking "this is it...once I finish, there's no more new HP books..." and that was kind of depressing. So everytime I thought about it being the end, I kind of slowed down. But curiosity got the best of me, and the book was read from cover to cover by sunrise Wink