Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Relationships
31-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Relationships
Relationships are much more complex than they are portrayed as in the TS2, I was hoping there'd be more complex relationships in TS3. Example, a boy likes his friend but she just likes him as a friend, cliche, yes, but I think it just happens too much for it not to be in the game. It's hard to get one sim to even have a crush on another sim without them liking them back. With the personality traits coming out and the fact that they're trying to make the game actually revolve more around living life than just surviving I think that this should/would be possible. What are other people's thoughts? (Sorry if this is a repeat thread, haven't seen anything like it though)
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Re: Relationships
Your exactly right and it got worse if you the Nightlife expansion. That also gets on my nerves that you have a married sim cheating on their spouse. The sim they are cheating with will get mad if he/she spot's them kissing their spouse. Not only that but the spouse won't see a problem with this at all. It's really annoying.

I tried a few things with the relationships though. One girl's boyfriend went to college. The boyfriend went to college and got a adult woman pregnant twice and what I wanted to do was for her not to take him back but I couldn't really keep them apart. What's up with that?

Never settle for less!
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
EA have said sims will be aware of inappropriate behaviour, so lets hope that they are not so annoying when sims 3 comes out. It annoyed me too.  Smile
01-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Divorce rate in America - 45%.

Divorce rate in Europe - 32%.

Divorce rate in Sims 2 - 0%.

...Lame.

But in all seriousness, how would you like to be the person to code and arrange everything necessary to make things such as breakups, divorces, and other relationship issues possible? I would think it'd be rather time consuming.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
01-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I want more complex relationships too. I really want a sim to have a crush on another sim but the other sim only like them as a friend. And the option for sims to break-up without hating each other first
01-04-2008, 08:43 PM
(01-04-2008 08:35 PM)Sims3Fan92 link Wrote:I want more complex relationships too. I really want a sim to have a crush on another sim but the other sim only like them as a friend. And the option for sims to break-up without hating each other first
I agree... to make my sims break up one of them needs to cheat when the other is right there. It's stupid. :Smile
02-04-2008, 12:37 AM
I agree completely. I thought it was a little weird and annoying that you could be friends with someone, do a few flirts, and suddenly you both love each other. |P

[center]Excuse me while I go into a 6 day coma.<br />Haha, thought I'd get one as well. :] Click pwease?♥<br />[Image: RRBk.gif]
[Image: kXsz.gif]
[Image: YJMN.gif]
[/center]