Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An apology, and a whole new Cheshire Cat
01-04-2008, 02:59 AM
An apology, and a whole new Cheshire Cat
So, yeah, an apology for freaking out and getting peeved. Short temper.. :'(

But, the computer I'm using isn't technically mine, it's my husband's, he's had it before we met, and I freaked out because I almost crashed his computer. That wouldn't have sat well for him.  :-\

But, technically it wasn't my fault either, because his computer collected 5 years worth of spyware, adware, etc, and http://www.raonsims.com DID indeed add to it. (I haven't known him that long.)

So, freakzilla, I wasn't blaming the site owner and their mods. If you know them, tell them to see if anyone added spyware or anything to the site without their knowledge.

I don't use ANY instant messengers, because, again, it causes viruses, so that wasn't the problem. That day, it had been strictly THIS site, and http://www.raonsims.com.

Sorry if I offended anyone.  :-[

May the tongues of a thousand Jabberwocks lick your male genitals slowly and hard. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Re: An apology, and a whole new Cheshire Cat
:Smile And now, I have to start from the beginning again.......

May the tongues of a thousand Jabberwocks lick your male genitals slowly and hard. Big Grin
01-04-2008, 03:06 AM
I gave you a hooray for being a big enough person to admit you were wrong (in a manner of speaking) and apologised for it.

However, you should not believe that messangers give you virus's. It's hooey in most cases.

We use AIM and have been virus free for years. And we upgrade to the newest version everytime it becomes available.

If you believe it was raon who gave you a virus, then you should contact the site owner, I believe there is a contact button the page somewhere, and let them know what happened after downloading a piece of their custom content.

I can understand panicking, I am on my fiance's computer and if I thought something I'd downloaded killed it, I'd be heartbroken and wouldn't be able to face him. But, again, I too have downloaded from Raon and have never received a virus. It's possible that there was a spyware or adware that was triggered by an advertisement that day, there could be a thousand reasons.

So, contact the raon site owner and see if something can't be figured out Smile Good luck, and hooray!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, unfortunately, I guess I missed the blow up. So I have no idea what you're talking about. But judging by your post, I'm guessing you made a mistake and are apologizing for it (man, I'm good, aren't I Wink haha...). So 'brava' for taking resposibility for your actions.

However, I noticed quite a few 'but's. In my eyes, they negate the apology. It's like saying "I'm sorry, but it wasn't my fault, so technically I shouldn't be sorry. I'm just saying it to clear my name." I've had to deal with a person who would do this sort of thing all the time to justify his actions, so it's kind of a turn off for me. I don't really accept the apology if I feel that they're using 'but' or 'however' or 'in my defense' to explain themselves.

It's okay for you to give the background story, but don't mesh it in with your apology...if that makes any sense Wink

Anyway, good job for stepping up and saying you're sorry.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I have to give you credit for admitting your mistakes, but you didn't have to take it all out on us and delete your account. But welcome back.
01-04-2008, 06:36 PM
(01-04-2008 02:59 AM)Cheshire Cat link Wrote:So, yeah, an apology for freaking out and getting peeved. Short temper.. :'(

But, the computer I'm using isn't technically mine, it's my husband's, he's had it before we met, and I freaked out because I almost crashed his computer. That wouldn't have sat well for him.  :-\

But, technically it wasn't my fault either, because his computer collected 5 years worth of spyware, adware, etc, and http://www.raonsims.com DID indeed add to it. (I haven't known him that long.)

So, freakzilla, I wasn't blaming the site owner and their mods. If you know them, tell them to see if anyone added spyware or anything to the site without their knowledge.

I don't use ANY instant messengers, because, again, it causes viruses, so that wasn't the problem. That day, it had been strictly THIS site, and http://www.raonsims.com.

Sorry if I offended anyone.  :-[

I accept your apology! Even though I wasn't there...! Reply please!
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm glad you are back! Big Grin I never have any trouble with raonsims.. Maybe my antivirus is better. I have more than 2300 downloads and never got a virus.  Smile
01-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Just be careful. Usually if a site is really popular, chances are you won't get a virus. But you can never be too careful.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD