Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One-time posters are an annoyance.
02-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Re: One-time posters are an annoyance.
(02-04-2008 03:05 PM)pauluch3 link Wrote:I guess it would be a bit unfair to cancel sb's account for him/ her not posting anything. Maybe they're just shy Big Grin

Exactly Wink Some people just flat out don't like posting. So you're going to deny them access to this forum because of that?

Again, I like the minimum posts requirement thing Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, me myself don't post too often, so when I fail to post 5 times in a month my account will be frozen, or canceled in the end?
Is it alreagy decided? Or is it just a suggestion?
02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
It's just a suggestion. If there is a minimum posts requirement, I'm sure they're will be some sort of reminder sent out or something.

In all seriousness, after thinking about this, I don't think it's such a great idea. As I said earlier, it doesn't really hurt us if certain members decide not to post. Now, when this site starts to get thousands of members a week/month, the admins might be forced to do some cleaning, in which case I'm sure they'll PM members who aren't posting first and ask if they wish to remain part of the site. They wouldn't just flat out remove them.

02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I guess Bambi that your fav expression is "flat out" Big Grin

Thanks for explaining it to me Smile
02-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree with you, I do not think all members that don't post or post very little should be removed from the forums. I do however think it's unfair that so many people introduce themselves in the Introductions section, letting everyone spend their time greeting them very politely into the commnuity, knowing that they have no intention of posting, or, posting very little. When I say little, I'm meaning under 10 posts or something. If they don't intend to post as regularly as they can (I don't mean they have to be like us, on here hours and hours a day, however a least post a few times a week) then they shouldn't bother to introduce themselves if we're never going to get to know them. That's just what I think. Wink Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
(02-04-2008 03:26 PM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:I agree with you, I do not think all members that don't post or post very little should be removed from the forums. I do however think it's unfair that so many people introduce themselves in the Introductions section, letting everyone spend their time greeting them very politely into the commnuity, knowing that they have no intention of posting, or, posting very little. When I say little, I'm meaning under 10 posts or something. If they don't intend to post as regularly as they can (I don't mean they have to be like us, on here hours and hours a day, however a least post a few times a week) then they shouldn't bother to introduce themselves if we're never going to get to know them. That's just what I think. Wink Smile

I agree 100%.

Pauluch - Have I said "flat out" a lot or something?

03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, it's nothing. Just my silly remark Bambi Smile

No worries
03-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Oh, okay Wink

When looking through the members, there are a good 200 members (granted, I didn't take the time to properly count...but you get the idea) that have not posted at all. Not one single post. Yet, they've been a member for at least a week, and most of them sign on every other, if not  every day. It just doesn't seem fair to ban all of those people just because they don't like to post.

03-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I agree with that Bambi. We offer a free service for people to use as much, or as little as they like. If they want to sign up and not post, it's up to them. As long as they follow the rules then I'm happy!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
03-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Exactly. As I keep saying, it doesn't hurt us as long as they follow the rules.