or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wide announcement
02-04-2008, 03:22 PM
wide announcement
I've been thinking how you could improve the site, to make it perfect Big Grin

There should be sth like a wide announcement when you enter the site with some important news from moderators.
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Re: wide announcement
Well, we already have one of these things, well sort of; at the top above the navigation it says

dateline= Wrote:"News: Welcome to Sims 3 Forums! Please take a moment to become one of the first to Join The Sims 3 Community! The official Sims 3 website has now launched, be sure to check it out!"

So that's kind of like your suggestion.

Coming Soon...
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
On a similar topic, we could have a sticky post in the Sims 3 forum that only moderators and post in, with the latest Sims 3 news (when we get any!). By making it so only mods can post, it means that the news will always be at the top and in the same place without pages and pages of comments about Mrs Crumplebottom.

Just a thought...  ???

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I like that Idea Matt, it would have to be a stickied and closed topic so that only mods can post in...is that what you are saying? If so, it's a good idea  Smile Smile

Coming Soon...
02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
But if it was closed, then how could we talk about all the new things we've found out from new pictures and interviews etc? Unless you're saying that Mods should post it as news but we can make a topic to discuss it? Because I would be totally happy with that. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Cassie, that's what I meant. We (the mods) could post a sticky which is just a post which stays at the top of the list, and whenever there is news we publish it in that stickied topic. Then you can always see the latest news in the same place. You would still be free to start new topics discussing the news.

Just that way the post will contain the latest, confirmed new and nothing else.

Make sense?  ???

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
02-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Makes perfect sense (to me, at least). I like that idea a lot.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
02-04-2008, 04:43 PM
It's okay, I understand it, I just wanted to be sure. I agree, it's a good idea! Wink Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
02-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Good Idea.  Smile
Thread Closed