Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Learning
06-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Learning
you know that toddlers can be taught to talk... its just so unrealistic that if you don't teach them, they still manage to talk the moment they turn to children  :-\ what i want is, if they don't learn to talk they should never know how to talk in their lifetime, well something like that ;D and if they don't learn to walk..... i mean there should be consequences for that stuff. cause like whats the motive thats motivating me to teach them to walk and talk and so on?  :-\ 

thats all Smile

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Re: Learning
usually toddlers want to learn stuff so when you theach them they get aspiration boost and in FT they also get points in the new meter (forgot what it's called)
i wouldn't like it if my sims didn't know how to walk or talk that wouldn't be much fun and as a game the sims is suppose to be fun

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
06-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Yea, thats true. I had always talk all my toddlers to walk, talk etc. And then one time I didn't do it in time. I was so scared that my simkid wouldn't be able to talk...but she could! Although even if you weren't talk how to talk you'd still learn, your speech just might not be as fluid as the next persons. So maybe that sim would learn charisma at a slower rate.

A lot of people are talking about swimming and driving in the same way. Somehow simkids and simteens just learn automatically! I think those are good things to put in game. You could start teaching toddlers how to swim. I just think its important that teaching those skills doesn't take that long. There definitely should be shallow ends in pools for the worse off swimmers though, and for the teaching period. I mean really, who learns in the deep end?
06-04-2008, 05:31 PM
(06-04-2008 02:39 PM)2qewl4u link Wrote:you know that toddlers can be taught to talk... its just so unrealistic that if you don't teach them, they still manage to talk the moment they turn to children  :-\ what i want is, if they don't learn to talk they should never know how to talk in their lifetime, well something like that ;D and if they don't learn to walk..... i mean there should be consequences for that stuff. cause like whats the motive thats motivating me to teach them to walk and talk and so on?  :-\   

thats all Smile
That wouldn't be fun if they would never learn how to talk, walk, or potty train ever in their life if they haven't learned about them in their toddler years because sometime they have big families and you can't trained them all. But, they could have like a bad start in their life if they didn't know them.
06-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I agree wait you 2gewl4u. I just think, if you dont teach your toddler the neccessary things, that there should be consequences for it. It's not like we have their aspiration to be motivated by anymore, so we'll need some sort of consequence if we don't do it.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
06-04-2008, 10:37 PM
well they get moodlets instead of asp. points.. because they do the dreams and promises thing rather than wants and fears.
so maybe therewill be more events possible to add moodlets.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
07-04-2008, 03:01 PM
maybe they could make it so if you didn't teach your toddler that kind of stuff they couldn't grow up
07-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Kids are going to learn the things regardless of whether someone teaches them. It's just nature. However they could have a handicapp. Say a kid is naturally shy and then his/her parents don't teach him how to talk, well that kid will have serious charisma issues. However if a kid is natutally outoing and his/her parents don't teach him how to talk, it might cancel the damage out.
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
i definately think skill building should be a consequence of it if nothing else..there has got to be something otherwise training is a waste of time.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
17-04-2008, 09:04 PM
i see your point