Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sickness!
07-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Sickness!
Right now its a little silly that sims get sick and then they get some sleep and they're better.

Teens & Up- Medicate themselves with whatever pills. Simlish cough syrup.

Kids - Parents give them medicine. Depending on traits they'll react differently to it. Think pinching their noses to swallow it or just running away and being sick for longer. Also kids should be able to stay home from school if they're sick, and be able to fake it. No more just random free days. In real life you can't just stay home without a good excuse. Depending on the traits of the parents they'll be able to stay home or not.

Also, can sims die from sickness now? I think they should be able to if they don't take care of it.
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Re: Sickness!
(07-04-2008 01:00 AM)dejadejavu link Wrote:Kids - Parents give them medicine. Depending on traits they'll react differently to it. Think pinching their noses to swallow it or just running away and being sick for longer. Also kids should be able to stay home from school if they're sick, and be able to fake it. No more just random free days. In real life you can't just stay home without a good excuse. Depending on the traits of the parents they'll be able to stay home or not.
I like that idea! I'm ten and my mom gives me my cough syrup still.
07-04-2008, 01:08 AM
those ideas are pretty sweet. i like it. gives more use for bathrooms.. a medicine cabinet..and have to go buy medicine.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
07-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I also think there should be basic surgeries available. There should be a random chance that a kid would have to get their tonsils out, and teens sims might have to get their wisdom teeth removed. Also maybe when sims are sick there could be a special kind of sleep, where they wouldn't cuddle with their husband/wife etc. Instead they could have a heating pad, or whatever sick people have, and they would toss and turn much more. Its totally ridiculous that sims can sleep straight through a sickness. They should wake up multiple times at night, BUT, still remain in bed. They would only do this if they were sick though. I think it would be funny to try and watch the sim get back to sleep.

Kids could also wake up with a start if they'd watched a horror movie recently.
07-04-2008, 03:28 PM
plastic surgery for rich sims would be cool for the hospital kinda like changing appearance in the mirror except its more drastic changes and you just go back and change genetic features to their faces or something..but that might be hard to add into the game so its just an idea i guess lol.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
07-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Hmm, I love all of these ideas! About what you said about them dying if they don't take care of it... I think it should be like that, but not if it's just like, a cold. If it's like, a sore throat and they don't treat it, it could either get better or get worse, and it could end up as throat cancer or whatever. Or if it was a really bad headache, it could be like, a head tumor or something.

By the way...

All you guys are really imaginative!

[center][Image: Woo.jpg]
[/center]
07-04-2008, 04:46 PM
(07-04-2008 03:28 PM)ChalyssaMuch link Wrote:plastic surgery for rich sims would be cool for the hospital kinda like changing appearance in the mirror except its more drastic changes and you just go back and change genetic features to their faces or something..but that might be hard to add into the game so its just an idea i guess lol.

Well they already have plastic surgery in the game. It's the career reward for Show Business. I think it would be awesome to have to get it at the hospital though.

(07-04-2008 04:07 PM)bєxi link Wrote:Hmm, I love all of these ideas! About what you said about them dying if they don't take care of it... I think it should be like that, but not if it's just like, a cold. If it's like, a sore throat and they don't treat it, it could either get better or get worse, and it could end up as throat cancer or whatever. Or if it was a really bad headache, it could be like, a head tumor or something.

By the way...

All you guys are really imaginative!

Yea, I think colds should develop into pneumonia. A lot of people talk about how they couldn't handle it if their sims got cancer because of deaths in their family. Therefore I don't think they should have actual diseases in the game. However, if people can handle burning to death and drowning, then they should be able to handle pneumonia.
07-04-2008, 05:15 PM
(07-04-2008 03:00 PM)dejadejavu link Wrote:There should be a random chance that a kid would have to get their tonsils out
Ouch. I got my tonsils out two weeks ago and it hurts like heck Sad But this would be a good experience for sims.
07-04-2008, 07:57 PM
(07-04-2008 05:15 PM)♥--->Chanel_Simmy<---♥ link Wrote:[quote author=dejadejavu link=topic=1576.msg31341#msg31341 date=1207576828]
There should be a random chance that a kid would have to get their tonsils out
Ouch. I got my tonsils out two weeks ago and it hurts like heck Sad But this would be a good experience for sims.
[/quote]

Lol, then you can make Sim You experience what you had to go through!

Anyway, I particularly like the idea of parents feeding the kids medicine when they're sick, and a Sim kid who really doesn't want to take the medicine can throw a tantrum. And I like the idea of them being able to fake it, too. Kid Sims need to be miles more naughty sometimes. They all act like such angels.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
07-04-2008, 08:00 PM
They do. My simself always has a want to "Do Homework". Who wants to do homework? Not me.