Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
24-06-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
From my perspective there were zero sensible reasons to leave. I am truly devastated. But the turnout was high and this is, apparently, what people wanted.

How are you though? Is life good in Ollie Land? Smile
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Hello Caspin and Ollie! So the UK's (or is it just Britain?) leaving the EU. Well, if you guys need somewhere to go, Canada's semi-open arms await. Smile
This also applies to Minty and Matt.

Meanwhile, it's one more weekend closer to the end of June. The end of the school year. My job is fine for the first year of the reorg and then we'll see. So I am in a better mood now. I understand the vote was age-related. The younger voters wanted to stay in the EU while the older voters wanted to leave.

Only British Steel can help you now!

27-06-2016, 01:21 AM
British steel sounds great.

I've been alright, just making my way through Year 12 (which is going way too fast) and hoping I can get into commerce in university next year.
How are you, Caspin and Simspeaker?
It has been a while since I was last around here.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

28-06-2016, 09:17 PM
As this is about the only part of SF anyone's reading now, I'm letting you know that Caspin has now been promoted to the Administrator (hence the change in her name forum colour).

If she wishes to carry on she is more than welcome to do so, but I have decided to throw in the towel.

We went almost a fortnight recently without anyone posting & I don't think I can go on kidding myself any longer that there's any interest in this place.

It could be me being in charge is holding it back. It's not as if I even play the game any more. Whatever the case, I know my time here is done.

Cheerio, and have nice lives.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
28-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Bye Minty.

I have no wish to be administrator. I will message Matt when I get a chance and let him know, unless he happens to stop by and see this.

It's a shame, but perhaps interest in Sims Forums has waned along with interest in Sims games.

Thank you all for your contributions to the forum over the years and the good times.
28-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Interest in The Sims is failing everywhere, I fear. I'm just getting to know you guys. Take care of yourself, Minty.
29-06-2016, 12:46 PM
I'll be around and about elsewhere, simspeaker. I've enjoyed getting to know you!

But I think we really are done here unless something dramatic happens.
29-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Do you think Matt will shut SF down for good?
Meanwhile, I visit VidKid's blog often so we can still definitely chat about stuff. Also, I have an account on Discord (as well as a group I'm part of that migrated from our original forum that is even deader than this one now).
Hugs to the ppl of Sims Forums.
09-07-2016, 04:14 AM
Honestly, as much as I'd hate to say this....if SF goes, Fury is probably going to go down with the ship. I might find a new place to host the story, maybe even create a blog on some blogging medium to post the chapters...but if you want my opinion...I've been creatively tapped out for a while when it comes to this particular story.

That doesn't mean I regret writing it though, in fact I love how the story has grown since I began writing it four years ago. Fury was originally going to be a short story about a wild and dangerous horse who bonds with a wild and unpredictable young man with a troubled past. Then I thought up of the idea of giving the sexy male cowboy character a little bit of competition by adding a second sexy male character who rides horses in the mix...and the rest is history.

Unfortunately at times, I feel like I've done myself quite a bit of disservice in how the story flows. I've noticed that it just leaps from story arc to story arc without much in between, kind of like seasons to a TV program. It definitely limits the amount of filler in the story, but sometimes we do need examples of my characters just being regular ordinary people like you or I.

But in the end, do I regret writing the story? No. I don't at all. I think that there are areas where I could have done better, but with writing, so long as you keep doing it, you never stop improving.
17-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Ah well, good luck to you Fraroc. I shall harbour fond memories of Jack. A blog isn't a bad idea as you can keep control of your own material that way, I guess.

I intend to still swing by here occasionally if anyone is around and fancies a chat. I would always be happy to hear from you guys. Matt changed me back into a normal member so my name is blue again.

I haven't touched TS3 for a while now. Too busy with numerous family crises and work worries. Not to mention national and global catastrophes. The world is a crazy place. Hopefully when I get back to it my sims will all be waiting patiently for me, just where I left them. At least they can be relied upon!

It seems summer is here properly now, even in the north, and I have obtained sunburn while gardening as a painful proof!