• 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
12-05-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Aw!
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 11:16 AM
He had that done at the same time he had his eye surgery, did you know Pugs eyes can fall out?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

12-05-2013, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 02:58 PM by Caspin.)
I watched a show about a vet who was treating the problems experienced by different breeds of dogs. Actually it was an Australian vet! He did quite a lot of eye surgery on pugs. Also he had to remove some skin from some of them because they were too wrinkly. And he had to do something to help some of the pugs breathe - they had very extreme squished noses and would wheeze horribly when trying to walk and some of them could not sleep because of their wheezing. I hope Milo can sleep?!
13-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Having been watching most of the first season of "Game Of Thrones" over what time I had at the weekend, I recommend it highly. Peter "Imp" Dinklage steals the shows completely every part he's in - steals it & runs off cackling into the distance saying "you'll never take a scene off me, fools!" Cersei Lannister looks uncomfortably like Kate McCann btw! Sean Bean & Charles Dance are made for this kind of show.
Does Emilia Clarke ever do a single episode where she manages to last the entire show WITHOUT getting her kit off? Omg It does get a bit repetitive (with emphasis on the third syllable). "OMG they disrobed Daenerys! You bar steward!"

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Glad you are enjoying it. I didn't expect to like it but once I started watching I could not stop!

Don't worry, there will be a greater variety of actresses to be disrobed in due course. I'm not sure it was worth making costumes at all for some of those characters! There's certainly plenty of violence as well.

My favourite three characters:
Tyrion Lannister
Arya Stark
Catelyn Stark
14-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Arya's awesome. Jon Snow's great. I really only like Robb because we have the same name (sort of, ish). So many great characters that show up later on too! There will be many more disrobings in the future! Especially in season 2. I've found season 3 to be a bit less graphic (sexually, I mean) than the first two.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
14-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Did you find that Season 3 had more violence (as compensation for slightly less frequent disrobing)? I thought it was a little more grim. Still loved it though. Can't wait for the next series!

Have you read the books? They are huge!
14-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Yeah, Arya Stark kicks major butt as well. She's got more brains than all the other Stark children put together (especially Sansa). What is so wonderful about the show is trying to guess the motivations of the characters & who will line up with who. Jon Snow wants to fight for the Starks but he owes them nothing - the Night Watch is Westerlos French Foreign Legion where people not only join to forget, but to be forgotten. I'll be interested to see what lies beyond the wall, it reminds me of Skyrim & I've a feeling Jon Snow's got a far bigger role in Westerlos events than first appears.

Tyrion Lannister may imagine himself to be a manipulative schemer & debaucher, but he's the most honourable character in Westerlos, always keeps his word to others, regardless of their status. He's the one I'd want to end up king & also the least likely to get it. Daenerys Targaryen is also as honourable but she's so naiive. Her main power is the dragons (eventually), some latent magical properties (it appears) & being a rallying standard for all with grudges against the Baratheons, Lannisters & Starks, but so far I don't see that as being enough to get any sort of Westerlos based groups behind her claim.

The one I'm surprised hasn't grabbed the throne for himself is Tywin Lannister. He looks like the sort that wouldn't think twice about exterminating his own children to ensure his grandchildren still have a powerful Lannister legacy to inherit after he's gone.

Favourite characters (so far)

Tyrion Lannister
Arya Stark
Tywin Lannister

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
14-05-2013, 11:46 AM
What episode have you watched up to?

@ Caspin, I agree, this season has been more violent. Just watched the latest episode and it was brilliant!

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
14-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Hehehe, Minty's getting addicted too. Biggrin

Very good. Following the Sims Forums Gravestone Road Trip, we should have a "Game of Thrones" Watch-a-thon, with snacks. At Easter someone somewhere was selling GoT Easter eggs in the shape of dragon eggs - fab!

Theatre Night for me (yes, again). Tonight it will be an Alan Bennett play "People" at the National Theatre, which has to be one of the most comfortable theatres in the world. Looking forward to it.