Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
04-06-2013, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 08:56 AM by Caspin.)
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
The reactions on Twitter to the last GoT episode were apparently quite something! Head of IT read me some tweets (after vetting them for spoilers) and some people seemed to be having total breakdowns over it. I've placed my pre-order for the box-set and await its arrival with great anticipation.

Cheerleader

Wow you guys do go on some exciting holidays! After Bobert and his trip to Vanuatu and Ahmed being in Indonesia, on Friday I am off to ..... York. Actually I'm more than happy with that because I love York. Perhaps we should take Minty so that he gets a holiday too. If it stays sunny we might walk all the way along the city walls. You can collect stamps at certain points and if you walk the whole wall then you get a certificate, which I could then proudly display on the fridge.

Biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 09:44 AM by Minty.)
This is BRILLIANT! Yahoo

Maisie Williams aka Arya Stark has put up her own spoof reaction video to the Red Wedding episode.

(04-06-2013 05:51 AM)bobert26 Wrote:  I'm still not over it. I kind of knew it would happen because my friend was telling me about it but that was just too much. Too much. I might start reading from where this season ends.

Have a great time in Indonesia, Ahmed! I just got back from Vanuatu... the tropics are just great. Bali's definitely on my list.
If you are reading the book series three is based around (A Storm Of Swords), the start point is page 486 with a sad little scene involving Tyrion & Sansa at dinner (as of yet unaware of events), almost a snapshot of how both their lives have been messed up by their "loving families". Then Tyrion is called to hear the big news...

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-06-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm getting very good at filtering out GoT information. I'm using the same technique that I employ while looking after a small child who is jibber-jabbering about a lot of nonsense. To stop myself from going mad listening to their crazy chatter, I just let my mind glaze over and listen only for key phrases such as "I'm hungry", "Can we watch Nimo again?" and "I've peed myself".

I have marked myself as "away" (because the function is there so I feel compelled to use it) as I'm going to York tomorrow morning and won't be home until Monday. Since I am going with Head of IT, I expect we will be travelling with a tonne of tech and wifi is everywhere these days so I might check in with you guys. But if something goes wrong with my ambitious plans to use the internerd, I shall now wish you all a very nice weekend. Eat some ice-creams!

Cool
07-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Hope you get some time to enjoy York - it'll give you some ideas for some Dragon Valley type builds! I do like those towns & villages where they've preserved so many of the ancient buildings, not merely the grand ones - unlike up here where everything got knocked down & replaced with housebricks & big glass office blocks where you fry like a tomato when it's hot coz they have no windows & the air conditioning is non-existent.

07-06-2013, 10:33 PM
There are certainly some beautiful old windows on houses here that would look great in Dragon Valley. The hotel wifi is surprisingly rubbish, possibly it doesn't reach up to my room in the attic! So I'm stuck using my non-smart phone for internet. As compensation I have an unexpectedly good view of the Minster and can see little bats flying around the belfrey. I've been watching the conservation project at the Minster for years and it's great to see it coming along nicely. The stone masons seen to have found time to muck about a bit and there are some newly carved gargoyles that have been dressed up in sunglasses and things. It's really quite funny. Big Grin
09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
They're making an enormous fuss over that Natalie Holt throwing eggs at Simon Cowell on "Britain's Got Talent".

[Image: natalie-holt-bgt-2013-460x322.jpg]

Anyone that still doesn't believe this was a stunt set up by Simon Cowell to boost it's falling ratings need look no further than the perpetrator's background.

http://www.natalieholtmusic.com

She's a film composer, & a busy one by the look of it. She'll be earning more money in a month than those taking part in that show will earn in their lives!

Start counting down the time before someone outs her as one of Cowell's luvvie mates hired to take the heat off him with the press & Sir Brucie after him for child contestants being "traumatised" on his show (ho ho ho, that's going to be the least of his worries eventually!)

10-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Everyone seems to be obsessed with Game of Thrones. . . The Dragon girl is really gorgeous. That's all I know. She's like the Mother of Dragons or something? Not sure.

10-06-2013, 11:21 AM
That's the last Game Of Thrones been out in the US. I'll get to see it later on today. Should be interesting to see how they finished the current series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22836378

Oh Edward Snowdon, you are a brave, brave man. But they will murder you for this.

10-06-2013, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 05:41 PM by Caspin.)
No no no no NO! This Natalie Holt girl has not paid proper attention to The Omelette Plan. Rule 7b: no wasting of perfectly good eggs on Simon Cowell!

Clearly I have missed a lot of news while I was away. I will endeavour to catch up.

Hope you enjoyed the last of the Game of Thrones! What will you do now it's over?

Brace yourself: holiday photos incoming! No, don't worry, I'm not going to give a two hour powerpoint slideshow. Just two pics of my favourite gargoyles from the stonemasons' workshop at York Minster.

[Image: MinsterGargoyle_1.jpg]

[Image: MinsterGargoyle_2.jpg]
11-06-2013, 04:30 AM
OMG! I am laughing my head off! Sony just smashed Microsoft at E3.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]