Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
11-06-2013, 11:04 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
I hope they gave the gargoyles some suntan lotion as well as sunglasses for this burning weather! Biggrin

After watching the last episode of the current Game Of Thrones (which had the lamest ending ever), again there's significant changes to the book. Last night's scene with Tyrion & Sansa where they're enjoying a stroll never happened in the book, nor Varys talk with Shae which she misinterpreted, but I can understand why they did it. The whole Tyrion & Sansa parts are pretty depressing in the book.

I felt sorry for Sansa for the first time yesterday. Until now she annoyed me, being so dumb she could be Jarl of Riften. But it's got to the stage I don't want to see her getting constantly kicked in the gut anymore, especially every single episode.

If I'm meant to start feeling sorry towards Jaime Lannister on top, if that's how it's "meant" to work, he's going to have to outdo Mother Teresa before I ever stop hoping that smug creep gets eaten alive by something nasty & screaming "kill me, please kill me!" whilst Arya sits watching munching popcorn.

Yesterday's scene between Tywin & Tyrion was brilliant. Tyrion's the only one out of that whole idiotic bunch that's doesn't see the whole world as needing bribed, blackmailed or slaughtered, & that his father's concern for "family" is fiddlesticks & flapdoodle: he's where Bitch Cow gets her obsession with wanting everyone to be her puppet from.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2013, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 11:59 AM by Ollie.)
Don't mind me, just thinking out loud here. But wow, I am actually contemplating not getting GTA V, and instead, putting my money in to both The Last Of Us (which looks and sound much better than uncharted 3, well generally the Uncharted franchise) and Beyond two Souls (which I was planing to get with or without GTA V). At first I didn't think about buying TLoU because of the dissapointment I felt with Uncharted 3 (which also made me wary of 10/10 reviews). Considering I had decided not to get TLoU, I went out and began to watch a play through and BAM! I was mind-blown. Me of all people, liking the look of a zombie game? Not in a billion years, but I think what has drawn me to it is the fascination with the research that the developers did and also the fact this seems to be much more than just another zombie game, its different and it has a friggen good looking story. Which leads on to why I might not get GTA V, actually what am I talking about? I will get GTA V, but the thing that I am worried about is that it's going to be more of the same old boring stuff and the story isn't going to be that great. My only gripe that I can sense with TLoU and Beyond is the length of the story. Anyway, I have decided to not go with the special or collectors edition of GTA V, I think I'll just get the normal edition- or maybe not?

Edit: I just got an idea, I'll just ask for The Last Of Us for my birthday (approximately a month away) and see how my luck goes, although my mum doesn't really like buying games for me, birthday, Christmas or neither.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

15-06-2013, 01:42 PM
I feel certain that you will get GTA V, Ollie, you will not be able to resist!

I wonder why your mum doesn't like buying games for your birthday. They seem like ideal gifts to me. What would she rather get for you?
16-06-2013, 12:11 PM
My brother has just informed me that he is considering buying the game 'The Last of Us' as well. So I went to watch the trailer and it does look quite good doesn't it. Post-apocalyptic zombies for all!
16-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Now to wait for my birthday...

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

16-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Yes we shall wait patiently for that.

Meanwhile, following on from the cheese-rolling race and the knob-tossing contest, we can now enjoy the cabbage-hurling championships .

[Image: _68199700_tpcabbagehurling.jpg]

Wonder why people think that the British are eccentric? Perhaps it is our ongoing aggression toward vegetables and other foodstuffs. Tongue
16-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Worst harvest in decades on the cards, & we're destroying perfectly good food. BangHead

16-06-2013, 04:08 PM
That is a very good point. If you add in that woman who chucked the eggs on X Factor, or whatever that show is called, we had the makings of a fine cheese omelette with a side of cabbage coleslaw, followed by knobs and tea for afters.
16-06-2013, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2013 10:30 PM by Minty.)
I think I have discovered the most disturbing series of television commercials ever.

AHMED, WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN US PANDAS ARE SUCH PSYCHOS!

The one in the hospital Shocked

Were these pandas employed by Mubarak's secret police?

17-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh lord, where do you find these things?! The one in the hospital is disturbing.

Don't say no to panda!