Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
04-10-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
You're playing a demo of another new game when you only just got GTA V?

Whoops, turned into Ollie's mum there for a moment! Biggrin

Discovered why a certain recruitment agency was never putting me forward for jobs - some numbnuts had flagged me in their "top of the range professional cross referencing client base" (which explains why the computer running it is still on Windows 95 - no, I am NOT joking!) as only looking for work as an Office Junior, when it's many years (& jobs!) since I could last be put forward for that! Shocked

They were nice about it & have got me in for an interview in a week's time, but I'm not surprised they're currently in the process of "downsizing offices" if this is how they're running their business.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Wow that sounds like a very packed playstation, Ollie.

I can reliably inform Mr Green that Ollie has FINISHED the main story of GTA! I think he must have played it non-stop from the minute it arrived. Not stopping to sleep or for any meals (speculation)!

Hopefully that recruitment firm will start providing you with some better options now! I'm glad to hear that they were nice about - I should fudging hope so!
05-10-2013, 06:14 PM
(04-10-2013 08:08 PM)Caspin Wrote:  I can reliably inform Mr Green that Ollie has FINISHED the main story of GTA! I think he must have played it non-stop from the minute it arrived. Not stopping to sleep or for any meals (speculation)!
To think I haven't even played all of Skyrim yet!

05-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Funnily enough there was a bit of Skyrim action going on here today, with a sudden outbreak of people not feeling too well and wanting to sit around being distracted instead of focusing on sore throats. I myself played TS3 for several hours, only taking a break to go and get a jalfrezi to numb the horror. I think I can safely say that a lurgy has struck. Damn it.
07-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah, the bugs are doing the rounds again up here. On a brighter note, there's one sort of bug I've not saw any sign of for two days, so I'm hoping that's another wasp season over with.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm a surrealist
Cheese on toast.

08-10-2013, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 09:11 AM by Caspin.)
Well that poetic moment cheered me up no end. Yes I'm off work sick at the moment, as this virus seems to like me and wants to stay with me. It's difficult to do anything with a head that feels like it's going to explode and glands so swollen I can barely lift my arms to drink a cup of tea.

However I can lie in bed and write you some limericks if you wish. *envisages everyone's great desire for me to do this*

All my family and friends love Skyrimming,
With enthusiasm for battles they're brimming.
Superior graphics and lighting,
but the fighting is frightening,
So I think I'll just stick to my Simming.

Ta da!

*now envisages wild applause* *bows graciously*

Don't worry, I have more in me.

There once was a zombie called Ollie,
Who snarled like he was off his trolley.
Despite all my warning,
On my lawn he kept spawning,
So I shot him in the head, I'm so sorry.

Hands up all those who are now afraid I won't stop?!

Tongue
08-10-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 08:51 AM by Caspin.)
Sorry, one more, then I'll pipe down I promise. This one is for Minty!

There is an administrator named Green,
Who keeps our forum squeaky clean.
Any trolls, loons or spammers,
Will be whacked with ban hammers,
So Sims Forums remains quite pristine.
09-10-2013, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 06:55 AM by Ollie.)
(04-10-2013 06:28 PM)Minty Wrote:  You're playing a demo of another new game when you only just got GTA V?

Whoops, turned into Ollie's mum there for a moment! Biggrin

That's the reason why I won't have it straight away, so instead I'm going to hope for Christmas and attempt to avoid any spoilers. That being said I feel so conflicted right now http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/201...dly-mixed/

Nonetheless I think I have an addiction to soundtracks.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

09-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Sorry to read you have the lurgies. Hot toddy time!

There was a young Simmer called Ollie,
Who thought his mum was made of lolly,
His GTA V done,
He now wants Beyond Two Souls fun,
But only when there's mistletoe & holly

Take that Caspin!

09-10-2013, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 08:51 AM by Caspin.)
It is always hot toddy time! Although I can't have one right now, since having declared myself no longer infectious I have returned to work. Feeling a little better but I expect I'll crash out completely by the weekend.

It is good to hear that Ollie's Christmas list is so advanced. At least you won't be any trouble to buy presents for this year. Yes

Nice limerick, Minty. Biggrin Very enjoyable!

How about an ode to Twallan?

Sims 3 is coming apart at the stitches,
Towns overrun with zombies and witches.
Twallan is my true hero,
EA gurus score zero,
For only NRaas can solve bugs and glitches.