or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
12-01-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Holy F***!

Paedophile ring inside House Of Commons

Looks like those guys that have been claiming this & everyone's been dismissing as attention seeking cranks were telling the truth after all! Shocked

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Rumours about Rangers about to go bust again by Easter Biggrin

What a shame!

17-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Very careless with their cash, those Rangers. I can't say I care much about Rangers, nor Celtic. Presumably they owe money to businesses and their players, which is a pickle for those involved.

So much rain fell yesterday it looked as though we were trying to turn the lawn into a rice paddy! We have too much water and Oz doesn't have enough. Shame we can't send a couple of buckets over to Ollie!
19-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Oh well, you never won Caspin but 4th place & 51 votes for Best Quote is a moral victory considering how few active members we have. Biggrin

No surprise Twallan won, although since he's chucked Sims 3 if the rumours are true surely there wasn't any point giving him the prize was there?

Right now I'm trying to gear myself up to load up Mayhem Hall again, but I want to just sleep.

19-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Aw, well thanks for the support lol! Maybe Twallan can spend the points on stuff for his missus if she still likes TS3. I've got everything I want from the Store anyway so they'd have been equally wasted on me. Smile

I think you should switch off the computer and go to sleep! I have just finished watching Trollhunter, a very weird Norwegian film. I'm all googly-eyed now from reading the subtitles so closing eyes seems wise. Hopefully the trolls will not infiltrate my dreams.

I thought you might have abandoned Mayhem Hall. My sim finished a degree today (it becomes a habit) and chose the extra trait of loving cold weather, which I was really happy with on the basis of making her more accurate! Smile
22-01-2014, 12:31 AM
I had sort of abandoned it. It was too unwieldy with all those players. But I've picked up from where I left off to try & finish it.

Typical BBC and The Guardian giving air time to that idiot Stephen Gough (he of the endless wardrobe malfunctions). The best laugh though is knowing that as he's been put in solitary confinement for 16 months for another ASBO breach he's not even getting to gloat over his latest handiwork.

Regarding Rangers, their shares are now down to 30p & a mass block was sold by someone that had got them for free from Charlie Green (he that destroyed Sheffield United). The people that bought the block for peanuts are a Guernsey based asset stripping company with a long history of vulturing over businesses about to fail, getting enough of the shareholders to agree to flog off the tangible assets before the administrators arrive & they're all left with nothing. Shame! Biggrin

Oh, & I got a rejection letter for that job - to add insult to injury they didn't even bother to get my name right!

23-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Aw! They could at least spell you correctly! I'm sorry it didn't work out this time. Hopefully something else will turn up soon.

It'd be fun to see how Mayhem turns out if you can bear to continue, but don't play if it's no fun. Or shove a load of those murphy beds back in there to gobble people up - then maybe you can reduce the cast down to something more manageable. Biggrin
25-01-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking of getting myself diesel stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff. But do I dare buy a stuff pack for the first time? Confused

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

25-01-2014, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2014 10:50 PM by Caspin.)
Ah, stuff packs. I have quite a few of them. If you buy them when they are discounted, they are sometimes a cheaper way to get stuff for your game than at the eye-gogglingly expensive Store. Personally I quite liked Outdoor Living Stuff, if only because the patio furniture and some of the lights that came in that pack are really nice. Or at least they are my cup of tea. Diesel I was not so keen on at first - I was hoping for large numbers of plausible jeans, since some of the trousers that come with the game are just weird. Some of the clothes in it are OK and seeing my sim in Diesel is the only way I'll ever get to try that stuff, since I am totally unwilling to pay those prices in RL. Big Grin One SP that did surprise me was Master Suite. I thought it would be silly but in fact I end up using the furniture all the time, especially the bathroom.

Big old storm coming over us just now. It's gone really dark and the foxes that were sleeping in the garden have dashed off somewhere cosier. More seriously, I am nearly out of whisky and it's Burns Night! Not having haggis this year - going to get a curry instead. That'll do.
25-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Ever tried haggis curry?

Beith FC started selling Chicken Balmoral pies at their games last year (which is chicken & haggis with a whisky sauce inside). Usually in the Scottish non-league it's crappy half filled pork pies & smelly Bovril. It made them a fortune, & some other clubs began copying it (although they like Gretna were making them themselves, I think).

Never buy tinned haggis btw. It's greasy & doesn't sit well in the stomach. It's usually best sticking a tot of whisky or some other spirit in it as it helps break down any of the natural greasiness to it.

Hearts now winning games now that it is too late. BangHead

Hope you avoid the storms Caspin. It's not looking good for tomorrow.