Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
08-02-2014, 10:57 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
We do, Ollie! Dave shows unending repeats of QI, if you've ever seen that quiz show, among other things. I would quite like to rename the other TV channels - Tom, Dick, Harry? Larry, possibly?

You already appear to know the secret of my successful avoidance of weird adverts, Minty. I'm usually in bed before 10 pm on a weekday and I hardly ever watch TV that hasn't been recorded so that I can skip the adverts (which in general make me cringe or make me angry). I like to watch whole runs of TV programmes rather than waiting a whole week speculating over some cliffhanger. So if there is something on that is going to be in 12 parts, I tape them all so I can watch them in one go. This also explains my love of box sets.

This household agrees with you over Boris. He's not a cuddly buffoon at all, but a scruffy menace, and a clever one at that.

Right, time to get work done so I can do fudge all tomorrow.
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 11:10 PM
I have to admit that I can no longer be bothered with new TV shows too, & would rather blaze through a box set or go through the On Demand series selection to gorge myself on one over an evening to see if I'm going to like it or not.

I ended up liking the US version of The Office this way, after detesting with my whole heart & soul the UK original, which was as depressing as a Dilbert cartoon. You know a show truly sucks when the Americans remake it better than the Brits, although I think a lot of this was also to do with the way comedy changed in the UK at the time (for the worse).

Ollie, the TV Channel Dave used to be called UK Gold, before they wanted to make it "hip & trendy" for premium lager drinking lads, vodka mule drinking chicks, & all those other puddle-drinkers.

It's a pretty frightening situation to think that there's not a single person I can think of right now that I would want even as a cabinet minister, let alone prime minister. I'd sooner trust Bill & Ben the Flowerpot Men with Little Weed to take over than anyone from any party to take over. There's a by election in Wythenshawe next week & they reckon it will be a miracle if it gets a 35% turnout. They can blame people being apathetic all they like, but once politicians started ignoring what their constituents wanted in favour of lobbyists & "focus groups" (many of whom represent no-one but themselves) is it any wonder people started feeling it was all a waste of time?

On a happier note, my marianated apricot chicken was a triumph! Tongue

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
09-02-2014, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 09:44 AM by Caspin.)
Apricot chicken? Sounds nice! Would go well with polenta, no doubt.

Can't decide what to do today. The only day off all week and I don't know what to do with it! It would be nice to go for a walk in the woods but the weather seems a bit wild. I seem to have been extra accident-prone this week so I can be fairly certain that a branch would get blown off a tree in these high winds and land on my head. Perhaps it's safer for me to remain at home with the box sets and the cake. *convinces self*

P.S. Minty, did you know that your email is spamming my email with messages consisting only of website links (which I have not clicked).
09-02-2014, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 01:43 PM by Ollie.)
I too appear to have recieved the same spam, not going to go anywhere near that website.

Shall we just let Bill and Ben the flowerpot men rule the world (I used to love that show)?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

09-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd have thought you were way too young to have encountered Bill and Ben, Ollie!

I think Minty's spam might have gone SF-wide. I hope that he only uses that account for simming purposes.
09-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Oh no, I only just managed to catch some of it before it ended.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

09-02-2014, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 01:34 AM by Minty.)
(09-02-2014 09:41 AM)Caspin Wrote:  P.S. Minty, did you know that your email is spamming my email with messages consisting only of website links (which I have not clicked).

Shocked Is it the MintySimsForums one? Yahoo was hacked last week & their address book copied (again). I've checked my Yahoo mail & the last email sent from it was November last year. Can't say I'm an expert at any of this, but if they were using my actual address, as opposed to spoofing it, a copy would appear in my Sent folder. I'd also get a warning from Yahoo about someone attempting to access my account.

I'll change the password to be safe!

Rangers got the weakest club left in the Scottish Cup in the quarter finals, Albion Rovers (last Scottish Cup quarter final appearence was in 1921!). Nope, not the SFA trying to fiddle it in order that Rangers get a money spinning semi final on live TV to stop them going bust again (their shares are now worth only 25p!). Can't stand either club so with luck someone will accidentally hit Mordor um I mean Ibrox with a cruise missile on the day.

Ollie: they've started showing that Australian show Jamie over here. Am I getting old, or is it the most disturbing programme ever made?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
10-02-2014, 01:08 PM
I think the spam was the MintySimsForums email account, but I can't double-check now because I deleted the message and emptied the bin. I imagine it was that one, though, seeing as Ollie and I both got it. I found it quite amusing that it knew me as "Caspin from Sims Forums", to distinguish me from the many Caspins you must know in your everyday life Tongue
11-02-2014, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 07:30 AM by Ollie.)
Looks like some simmers are organising a meet-up in London for May. http://www.beyondsims.com/50312/event-si...in-london/

There's no way in hell I'm going (obviously), but Caspin, you live somewhere in the UK, don't you? Just a suggestion if you were quite desperate to meet some fellow simmers and had the time. Tongue
According to TheSimSupply, he also may go up there.

And Minty, regarding Jamie The Private School girl, just wait to you see the finale.
11-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Well I do live in London, for my sins, but I don't think I will attend the meet-up (although it would be an easier journey for me than for TheSimSupply!), as I don't know the folk involved. I hope they have a great time though!