Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
21-02-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Didn't you see King Lear last year as well Caspin?

Good to see you're up to series three with GOT, that means we're safe to babble on about series 2 now, & how much Tyrion rocked at the siege of King's Landing. The half man was more of a man than the rest of them put together. I really REALLY wished Sansa had punched f**k out of Sersei when she insisted on giving her wine sodden "wisdom" during the siege, God how I HATE her! Had Arya been there it would have gone without saying, & she'd have told the Hound to stop being a wuss & get back out there.

That's what the Hound needs full stop - someone like Arya to tell him to stop feeling so perma-sorry for himself for having a waffled face because his brother was a psycho dickhead. That's what his "I'm so evil" crap comes from, the big chip on his shoulder because of what was done to him as a child. He won't even be friendly with the one person reaching out to him, Tyrion, because he's so wrapped up in his "I'm so evil" mask to hide his perma-boohoome. Big bloody girly twit.

Peter Dinklage had a bit of a horrible moment recently. Someone recognised him in the street, & the distraction cost them their life.

Full story

Jeanette Winterton (she of Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit) was brilliant on Question Time last night. The older she's getting though, the more she's looking like Carole King when she was younger!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2014, 01:04 AM
Nope, no 'King Lear' last year (hey that rhymes, I feel a limerick coming on). Saw a lot of plays, admittedly, but not that one. Tonight's 'King Lear' was really good. Plenty of gore being spread about the stage. There were quite a few actors in the audience too, including the guy who plays Chief Inspector Japp in Poirot - fab!

Poor Peter Dinklage. That must have been a really horrible shock for him.

Yes, soon you can bang on about GOT soon! I'm only three episodes into Series 3 but I expect I'll watch quite a few over the weekend. I am wondering what the point of Anne Boleyn is and whether Stanis is going to lose the tiny bit of his mind that he seems to have retained. And isn't it nice to see the dragons growing bigger!

And hey, look, the internet is working (for now) so I can talk at you - yaaaaaay! Tongue
22-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Anne Boleyn? You mean the Red Priestess? Aye, she does look rather like her! Biggrin

Can't say she's a favourite of mine either. She reminds me of all the menopausal middle aged cougars I encountered running new age or pagan shops back when it was fashionable to do so. Lots of hocus pocus & trying to act esoteric in the hope they'll get to bonk some emo teenager on the back of it by being their surrogate mother oh I'm sorry I meant coven high priestess of the craft.

I suppose she's doing her job right in being so utterly annoying.

You've watched up to episode 3? Stop everything you are doing & watch episode 4, it is BRILLIANT in so many ways!

22-02-2014, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 02:50 PM by Caspin.)
(22-02-2014 01:55 PM)Minty Wrote:  Anne Boleyn? You mean the Red Priestess? Aye, she does look rather like her! Biggrin

No, I meant Natalie Dormer, playing the lass who was married to Renly, was deprived of kingly bedroom action as a result of his preferences, and now thinks it's a super idea to marry Joffrey - she played Anne Boleyn in that top quality TV drama "The Tudors" and that is all I can think whenever I see her. And by coincidence, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who played Henry VIII in it, was also at the "King Lear" last night (although I was considerably more excited to see Inspector Japp). JRM dropped jelly beans all over the floor in the foyer, but to his credit he did then pick them all up.

Are you suggesting I should watch television DURING THE DAY!? It is a good thing we don't know each other in RL or you'd give me some bad habits and I have enough vices of my own. Biggrin

*goes to watch episode 4*

Edit - I was in error! I have watched episode 4. You are quite right, it was bloody brilliant!

Also, what were you doing in all those new age shops anyway? Were you one of the emo boys hoping to get cougared?! Tongue They pedal a lot of nonsense in those places but I must say they always have a great range of candles in every colour you could hope for.
22-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Just went to the greengrocer for some vegetables, obviously, and bought some of these courgettes. They are round!

Courgette grenades, anyone?

[Image: RoundCourgettes.jpg]

Yes
22-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Oh, Piggy Dormer! Margaery Tyrell you may well grow to love, & realise what a shame it was the kingdom didn't fall under the control of her, Renly, the gay knight, the heterosexual lesbian icon stereotype & the brilliant Olenna Tyrell. The dynamics between them all ought to have been fully pursued rather than cut off in full bloom by the author. What a waste. Save for Tyrion, the Tyrell clan were far more interesting than the Lannisters.

She's got Baelish & the Lannisters well sussed, much down to the tuition she receives from her aunt Olenna, who is a sort of Eleanor of Aquataine character, & along with Varys two of those whose sole thought is saving the kingdom from those that would be in charge of it.

If you type in Season 3 Episode 4 into Google, the GOT episode is what comes up first, deservedly so. The whole "French Waiter" routine with Daenerys & the slavers (he not realising she can understand his lingo); Brienne telling Jaime The Public Schoolgirl what a mewling spoilt brat he was needing to man up, that horrible creep Kraster getting his long overdue cummuppance, & Varys wonderful meeting with Olenna, Westeros very own George Bernard Shaw meets Lady Bracknell moment. Best episode ever. I may have watched it a few dozen times.

What was I doing in new age shops? Many of them sold music from all manner of obscure goth or new age music labels. I also used to buy some of the wicca booklets out of academic interest. At that time I was what would be considered a good Christian, but I'd no time for the "ban everything" types, & was fascinated in the amount of crossover between the pagans & Christianity in terms of belief (in other words, the good ideas that Christianity pinched when it came to Britain).

Glasgow had what I regard as one of the only genuine pagan shops in Britain at one time called Paganus (rather than some dabbler wanting to be alternative for alternative's sake) at the old Virginia Galleries (which later collapsed). The middle aged lady that ran in was a real wicca priestess, but she refused to set up a coven & told those that came in if they were interested to get the books & practice themselves, there was no more right or wrong way than there was with Hinduism. She was a fascinating character, & I was sorry when she had to pack it in after being offered silly money to work for the local council instead. Mind you, she got dogs abuse from Christian groups holding pickets of her shop calling her a devil worshipper, so suppose she couldn't be blamed getting fed up with it.

(Meanwhile the basement shop that sold "I love Satan" t-shirts for the metallers never had any problems. Wonder if that had something to do with the staff being built like brick walls & being as friendly as bulldogs with barbed wire around their bollards!)

She loaned me a tape about a banned TV series about the Renaissance herbalist Paracelsus (one of the pioneers of scientific research) which Ken from Coronation Street was trying to get networked but the bible thumpers were threatening the BBC & ITV from showing it, claiming it to be blasphemous. She said back then there were a number of nasty people in loony Christian sects in high places trying to ruin his reputation because they didn't like his involvement with the druids & other new age types. In due course she was proven to be right on the money with that.

22-02-2014, 06:29 PM
(22-02-2014 05:55 PM)Minty Wrote:  At that time I was what would be considered a good Christian, but I'd no time for the "ban everything" types, & was fascinated in the amount of crossover between the pagans & Christianity in terms of belief (in other words, the good ideas that Christianity pinched when it came to Britain).

You and me both, then, which is why I was curious. So you're in good company. Tongue

Yes that episode will be hard to beat. Although I look forward to them trying! The great advantage of my legendary patience and diligent avoidance of spoilers (which is hard work, I can tell you) is that I get to experience genuine shocks while watching. I truly thought that Jaime was only going to lose a finger or something. Boy was I startled! And you can imagine my alarm over the fate of Greyjoy Jnr in the last few episodes I've watched. Jeez.

I must be calm before I watch more. I sometimes get far too involved. The first time I watched LOTR in the cinema, the second film I think it is, where the elves are trying to shoot arrows at the massive hulking troll who is going to ram through the entrance of the castle - I was so distressed I actually stood up! Not sure what I thought this would do and got dragged back down quite swiftly. If at that moment someone had put a bow in my hands, I'd have probably tried to take down the foe myself, probably resulting in considerable loss of life in the first few rows of the audience, if my Yeti Longshot score is any indicator of my skill at aiming! Biggrin

Better stop jibber-jabbering and investigate TV-friendly dinner options.
23-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Heeheehee!

[Image: ChemistryDisaster.jpg]

Biggrin
23-02-2014, 12:22 PM
LMFAO! Best picture ever, Caspin. I congratulate you for winning the internet for today.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

23-02-2014, 02:53 PM
(21-02-2014 11:47 PM)Minty Wrote:  Jeanette Winterton (she of Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit) was brilliant on Question Time last night.

I read that many years ago. Jeanette Winterson also owns a greengrocer shop in London. It's really old-style and probably very expensive. The kind of place in which all the vegetables sit in wooden crates filled with straw and a cabbage is a fiver. There's a fancy shop next door as well that sells things like sugar mice and proper coconut-ice and welsh cakes.

(23-02-2014 12:22 PM)Ollie Wrote:  LMFAO! Best picture ever, Caspin. I congratulate you for winning the internet for today.

Thank you Ollie. I did not expect to win the internet today, but I assure you I will take the role very seriously and try to be a worthy custodian.

Custodian? Mmmmmm..... custard.

And now for the obligatory GOT bit. I have decided that all GOT chat will be coloured in green (I can make these decisions now that the internet is mine) so that folk who aren't interested can skip it. So, essentially, the green bits are for Minty. Biggrin

I am now up to episode 7. I think that tonight I can finish the box and then I'll be all caught up. I LOVED Cersei's face when her daddy told her she was getting a new husband, after she sat looking so smug over Tyrion being told about his wife-to-be. Hahahahahaha! Good stuff!

Did you happen to notice in the credits at the end of episode 7 that the bear who was being made to fight Brienne was called "Bart". Bart the Bear! Sweet!