Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
26-04-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
If it hadn't have been done with an iPhone app, I would say that they've held a filter with an image of the little girl over the camera lens and that doing so has made the whole picture look grainy. Why is the resolution so bad anyhow? Most people's phones take better pictures than that these days, especially if they were using an iPhone.

When I was a young girl I thought I saw a ghost on a couple of occasions (probably prompted by lots of rumours about ghost nuns at our school, plus adolescent hormones and an over-active imagination). Later I accepted that it was just my eyes and/or mind playing tricks on me. I don't believe in an afterlife so I can't believe in ghosts in the normal ghosty sense. However I guess if time isn't linear, despite how we perceive it, then sometimes it might get wrapped back on itself and we might see something from the past (or future?). Oh dear, I'm going to be thinking about this all evening now. I do love a good ghost story though. And if I'm wrong and it turns out that we can become ghosts, I have a long list of people I'd like to haunt.

Today was the last day of the footy season and Marine won their final match at home, 3-0. See, they can do it! A good end to an appalling season. Chorley came top of the league, as expected, so Minty's hated FC United of Manc were denied their promotion. I don't know why you hate them but there you go - a bit of good luck for me since Marine don't go down, and a bit for you as your foes do not get to rise up!

Ollie was tweeting about a wedding earlier today, so I am hoping we might see another update to Hope in due course, unless of course it was some random non-Hope sim wedding. I hardly ever bother having ceremonies for weddings in sims, but perhaps I should make more effort. I have got a lot better at holding birthday parties since they introduced the 'feast party' option.

In other news, today I washed all of my teapots. They are now dust-free and shining.
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2014, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 01:31 PM by Ollie.)
Oh, don't you worry, Caspin, I have a decently-sized update for Hope just around the corner, it's just a matter of uploading the photo's and putting it all together.

On the topic of ghosts, when I was about 11 or 12, I went through a paranormal belief stage, believing the craziest of stories, day after day I'd cycle through information on psychics, ghosts and aliens. I still go through some phases from time to time, but for me now, I've completely ended my belief in psychics (I almost spelt it as physics for a second, oh how that would've changed my sentence), now calling them scam artists, ghost I'm highly skeptic of and aliens, well I have belief in them, but on the topic of UFOs I'm a bit half and half. Regarding afterlife, currently I have no beliefs, both my parents were born into the same "religion no name" (I guess you could call it a cult), I'm not sure if they got out of it before I happened or after, but basically from there I was born into an atheist family, but with that religion still having a strong presence in my life with my grandparents, I've had an open mind, being scared by media platforms into having a personal belief in god, being agnostic, but now I'm mainly atheist.
And that's my overly-unnecessary opinion and beliefs on everything. Don't know why I wrote all that, but I did, so enjoy! Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

27-04-2014, 05:15 PM
OK, I will not worry. Big Grin

Yeah, you should definitely believe in Physics, Ollie. Biggrin Actually some of the things in Physics are so mad that they sound like paranormal events anyway. I never could get to grips with Physics, despite diligent effort. I think it is the whackiest of all the sciences.

Your parents were born into a cult? How fascinating. I would say that mine were too, just a very big well-established one!

I keep going into the kitchen to look at my clean teapots. Sad isn't it.

Had a slightly frightening TS3 experience today when my UI disappeared. I was really bewildered. One minute it was there and then it was gone. Fortunately after I shut everything down and then loaded everything up again, the UI had come back. Stupid game. Nothing makes me swear as often as EA.

Fryingpan
27-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I saw the Marine result appearing on Sky Sports live update bar & thought I was seeing things!

The Jambos stuffed the Hibees once more but they laboured that 2nd half. Disgraceful seeing all those Hibs fans leaving at the 41st minute when we went 2-0 up - especially at their own ground. You'd have thought our own problems might have put theirs into perspective, but their fans are Hibs own worst enemies. Gutted over Chel$ea beating Liverpool especially considering the first goal was only due to Gerrard slipping (although I blame the ball being passed to him in the first place by Sahko who should have taken it up the field when he'd an interrupted field to advance).

FC United of Inverted Snobbery failed again Yahoo

Ghosts? Definitely a believer from experience & that of others. But I've long given up on any proper scientific research being done on the subject anymore - once showbiz coopted it that was the end. I ambushed one of those clowns waiting to jump out at people on the Edinburgh ghost tour one night when I was somewhat the worse for drink & it seemed a good idea, but that's another tale for another time!

If you want to meet some real crazed nutters, the dedicated paranormal people into ghosts, monsters & UFOs are something else. My brother lived next door to one when he was working for Durham University - total psycho. She was also into some of the more sinister of the eco activism & saw government agents after her round every corner looking to zap her with microwave guns to silence her.

Your parents were in a cult? What episode of Home and Away were they in? Was it the one Selina was in or Tasha? Tongue There were one of the Aussie happy clappy groups called the Jesus Christians that tried evangelising over here in the 90s, distributing their little comic "Fair Dinkum". They were far too pinko-commie-hippy to get anywhere over here - most of the born again lot in this country are of the "Who would Jesus bomb today?" variety.

I'm live & let live on religions, but I'm very much of the belief that it's a personal thing: you don't need to be part of one to worship if you really believe it, rather than it being some tribal group gathering. I also think that if there's a god, human beings have a wildly over inflated sense of our importance to it & perhaps the key to a nicer world is getting over ourselves somewhat.

Don't talk to me about TS3. I think I'll have to do a reinstall as mine's going cuckoo. It could be too much cc though.

You're quite sure your tea pots are clean Caspin? I think you'd better check again.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
27-04-2014, 11:10 PM
They are GLEAMING, I tell you!

Tongue
28-04-2014, 01:59 PM
(27-04-2014 09:55 PM)Minty Wrote:  I ambushed one of those clowns waiting to jump out at people on the Edinburgh ghost tour one night when I was somewhat the worse for drink & it seemed a good idea, but that's another tale for another time!

I shall add this to the list of Tales Owed By Minty. Tongue

Now what might be fun would be to know the route of the ghost tour and set up some ghostly hoaxes en route, not so much for the benefit of the folk on the tour but to see how the tour guides react. I am sure you can do all kinds of things with mirrors and projectors and so on. I'd love to see them freaking out more than the people they're meant to be scaring! Smile

I am sorry to hear that your love of CC has pushed your game over the edge. Can't you avoid completely reinstalling by doing that trick of dumping the TS3 folder onto your desk top to make the game generate a new copy? I guess you'd still have to reinstall your CC but at least not sit there for hours waiting for the expansions to install and patch.

Teapots are all still good.
01-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Look who's here procrastinating her time away when she has a final in like 5 hours time. woohoo.
haha i happened to be cleaning out my email and stumbled upon an email between me and Brittany about drama that went around here, and so I thought I'd pop by ^_^
I'm thinking of giving S3 another try :/ hopefully I won't catch a virus again.

01-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Ah, cleaning out old emails and mucking about on the internet? Yes, that definitely sounds like revision/exam season is well under way! I'm kind of glad that email and the internet were only in their infancy when I was taking exams. They make it so easy for time to get away from you. Having said that, I managed to find plenty of other distractions. Like making massively detailed, colour-coded planners and timetables, which was so much more satisfying than the actual revision and occupied plenty of the time timetabled to be spent on revision (thus necessitating the making of a new timetable!). The Sims 1 came out when I was in the last year of university, but I still managed to get work done by being very disciplined. After I'd spent all that time, money and effort, failure was not an option over some computer game!

Good luck in the exams to you and everyone else slogging away at the moment!

The tube strike has finished for this week, with another, longer one planned for next week. I've been able to get around as usual by bus and on my feet, but it's so slow because the roads and the pavements are clogged up with people, many of them exhausted and/or totally lost! You really have to have your wits about you if you are trying to get somewhere at a certain time. Normally I'm in no hurry and quite enjoy just ambling about and seeing what's going on, but I hate being late, so I've been doing my best dashing around for the last few days.

Did manage to get to the theatre last night to see "A Taste of Honey". It was a good production, plenty of humour and I enjoyed hearing some northern accents. Tongue
01-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Hello [removed], nice to see you're still alive. Good luck with the exams.

"A Taste Of Honey"? Spot the Smiths fan! Biggrin I must admit it was one play that always made me feel dreadfully sad. We did it in school along with "A Kind Of Loving" back to back.

Gave the garden its first hosing of the year as it has been scorching up here - it has bucketed with rain ever since. Typisk!

Gerry Adams has been arrested for murder, that horrible excuse for a human being Max Clifford is going to be jailed forever, Chel$ea got stuffed & the police are investigating Rangers. It's a good week to buy a lottery ticket if you ask me! Yahoo

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
02-05-2014, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 09:18 AM by Caspin.)
Yes there is certainly plenty going on, isn't there. I can barely keep up with the weather forecast at the moment, never mind current affairs. Occasionally I glance at the news to see whether any new wars have started that I should be aware of, or what public service the government is currently destroying, but I can't take it in. I think I have News Fatigue. My head's all over the place. There are a bunch of family woes, which I will not bore you with just now, that keep whizzing around in my mind. I feel crazed! Dizzy-1 Having said that, looking at the state of the world is a useful reminder of just how lucky I am and how much worse it is in many other places. Note to self: get a grip.

I can see why you might find "A Taste of Honey" sad. I found it strangely uplifting. Well, maybe 'uplifting' isn't the word, but something like it. I liked the resilience shown by the characters, the way they displayed little in the way of self-pity, despite the fact that despair would be a perfectly reasonable reaction to their situation. It was a good play for me to watch at the moment. It gave me a "determined" moodlet! Yes

It lashed down all evening and all night here. What remains of the grass after the "gardeners" have visited should get green and lush after all that rain. Commence rant. Last time they were here I watched them mowing and I just cannot understand how they manage to cause such destruction. It's a normal mower and they have professional garden tools at their disposal, but after an hour it looks as though a bunch of maniacs have randomly slashed all the plants with blunt machetes and the grass looks like Glastonbury after the festival. They leave all the weeds growing out of the wall (destroying the brickwork) and don't bother to dead-head the flowers or cut out the dead wood from the bushes, but they pull up all of the herbs (why - it's the most useful bit of the garden?!) and leave the grass with an inexplicable ragged effect. If they mess with my lavender, I will end them. End rant.

Oh oh oh! I nearly forgot - Minty, I think your name should be in green. It is blue, but I was thinking it should be, you know, more minty. Like this: Minty. You could keep your fancy italics if you like them. What say you? Tongue