Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
23-05-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Bye simspeaker's money *waves*

If it makes you feel any better (I realise it won't), I have also spent a shocking amount of money recently. The death of the washing machine and the need to purchase a new one was a bit of a shock expense. And today I'm going to spend yet more, as I take the winter duvet in to be dry-cleaned. Biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2015, 02:43 AM
Meanwhile, my smoke detector is failing - blasted thing started beeping around 6 this morning. It gave the beast and I a couple of breaks so the beast could have a nap or two but it's back to beeping again. I'll put the ear plugs in and hope for the best while the beast is more or less on her own. Maintenance won't be over until Monday BangHead and the darn detector is hardwired so I can't even remove the battery to have some peace. BangHead
24-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Oh I hate those non-battery smoke alarms. There was one in this flat when I moved in that was fitted to the lightbulb in the bedroom. In order for the smoke alarm to get charged up, you had to have the light on. Seeing as I don't often use the ceiling lights, it was forever running out of power and beeping like crazy. I hated that thing. Fortunately I was able to deconstruct it and put up normal fire alarms with nice big batteries. Hope you get it sorted.

This made me laugh earlier today. What do you think is going on here?

[Image: Detective.jpg]

These guys are Edwardian detectives "practising their disguises" for undercover work. I find it hilarious! What is going on with the guy on the right with his hook! Or the one on the left, also pretending to miss an arm. Then a guy with an eye patch. It would seem that their best ideas for being in disguise were simply to miss bits of themselves.

Biggrin
29-05-2015, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 08:22 PM by Minty.)
(24-05-2015 01:58 PM)Caspin Wrote:  This made me laugh earlier today. What do you think is going on here?

[Image: Detective.jpg]

Dr Hook - the early years! Tongue

I need to get my TS3 cleaned out, too much junk files, too much CC I will never ever use in this lifetime.

On HipsterscumWatch, there was this guy on the train this morning with a waxed moustache pointed at the ends upwards. Even though there were seats & he wasn't getting off at the next stop, he stood at the doors, looking down the carriage, wanting everyone to see his stupid face slug.

I did some googling, & apparantly this is called an "ironic moustache" to hipsters. I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Why "ironic"? It would be ironic if you were a serial killer & all your victims had stupid waxed moustaches as well, otherwise it seems those hipster scum need to buy themselves dictionaries & see what ironic really means.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
30-05-2015, 04:59 AM
So my smoke detector did have a battery. After I removed it the beeping monster was silent. Sohappy
And I got my new tires so I'm safe from the danger of worn tyres.
30-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Hoorah! Glad to hear that you discovered the battery and have shiny new tyres! It's always nice to resolve domestic emergencies. Big Grin

I really don't think that anyone should be allowed a waxed moustache unless they are about to play either Hercule Poirot or a dastardly Machiavellian character on stage. How many hours are these people spending in front of the mirror each day, absorbed in their arduous grooming routines, only for the end result to be that they look spectacularly crap. The only good thing about the hipster look is that it's a fashion fad and therefore will pass. In the meantime these people have helpfully identified themselves as narcissistic weirdos and can be avoided in the future.
31-05-2015, 04:00 PM
A Snidely Whiplash character is nothing without a good waxed mustache. Like the Unsavoury Charlatan from TS2. Unless that's what you meant by Machiavellian.
You have to be really careful with a mustache in general. Do it wrong and you have Freddie Mercury. I think a mustache-goatee combo works nicely.
01-06-2015, 06:55 AM
(30-05-2015 04:59 AM)simspeaker4 Wrote:  So my smoke detector did have a battery. After I removed it the beeping monster was silent. Sohappy
And I got my new tires so I'm safe from the danger of worn tyres.

You did get a new battery for your smoke detector as well I hope?

Rangers stuck in tier 2 for another year - I barely stopped laughing last night, watching my neighbours trudging home with their tails between their legs as "returning to our rightful elevation" never happened. Scottish Labour & Rangers smote under in one year - all my Christmasses at once. Yahoo

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi Minty! Yeah, I got a new battery installed as well for the smoke detector. Slept like a baby ever since.
01-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Aw, I'd forgotten about the TS2 Unsavoury Charlatan. He was great!