Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
01-06-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
He might be a lot, but he's certainly not great.
Does he ever get caught?
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2015, 01:39 AM
Probably not. In all the years I played TS2 he was never caught once. I love his look on Twikkii Beach in TS2: Bon Voyage. I remember the first time I ever saw him - Academie de la Tour and my sim was fishing. That jerk came wandering by with that mustache of his.
02-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Hee hee, I liked him. Biggrin Although I was always nervous at his appearance in case my sims got fleeced.

I think that I will start pointing at hipsters with "ironic" moustaches and shouting "arrrrgh, unsavoury charlatan!" Then running away.
03-06-2015, 03:28 AM
Hipsters remind me of the cow mascot from TS2: University. I despise the cow mascot. The llama mascot's little better but he's never that much of a jerk.
03-06-2015, 02:19 PM
It's killing me that I can't update Fury right now. One of the parts I need for my main PC got delayed Tongue
03-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Urgh, so tiresome waiting for computer issues to be fixed. At least you are fixing it though. Soon you will be ready to roll!

I have made it back from Stratford, despite some nutty kids did chucking a scooter onto the railway from a bridge. It got torn up under the train (causing people to freak out because the metallic tearing sound was horrible) and caused a delay. I am always delayed on that section of the line - it must have a particular attraction for vandals for some reason.

Anyway, I went to see some butterflies at a butterfly farm. They also had snakes and insects there, but of course they were less pretty. I saw some butterflies emerging from their chrysalises - that was pretty amazing. They come out all squashed and wonky and have to sit about for a while to dry and organise their wing shapes. Actually they looked a bit like me when I first emerge from bed in the morning. Biggrin

Also went to the theatre, of course, to see Love's Sacrifice, a John Ford play that they have revived. It was quite good and very well staged but the body count was surprisingly low.

In other news, on the river I saw swans sticking their bums in the air. I will upload a picture of this for your viewing pleasure, but later, as it is time for yoga now.

Sohappy
04-06-2015, 03:18 AM
I had a chance to go to a butterfly garden when the madre and I were in Victoria BC one summer. Butterflies don't impress me all that much - unfortunate considering how awesome they are.
04-06-2015, 04:18 PM
I really enjoy watching creatures. They are endlessly fascinating. It amazed me how raggedy some of the butterflies were. I suppose I always think of butterflies as being floaty, perfect and ethereal, but of course some get damaged, like the one below. It looked as though someone had nibbled the edges of the wings. They reminded me of faded, torn Victorian ballgowns.

[Image: Raggedy_butterfly.jpg]

Here is the swan rear, as promised. They look so silly doing this. A picture cannot, of course, capture the silliness. I hope he found something tasty to eat at the bottom of the river after all that indignity being observed by people on the banks.

[Image: Swan.jpg]

I shall spare you any further wildlife shots. For now. Tongue
05-06-2015, 01:41 AM
That swan derriere reminds me of all our family's trips to my grandparent's cottage. It was on a beautiful lake home to hundreds of mallards, loons, and other ducky birds. I saw a lot of birdy behinds. Seriously though, swans are not nice birds. There's more than enough footage out there of swans chasing people around.
06-06-2015, 07:53 PM
I've seen swans getting aggressive, usually after being tormented by some horrible little kid, though. I don't know why children feel compelled to do that. Swans are massive and shriek I was suitably afraid of them when I was small.

Currently I am in Bristol, which seems to be populated by infinite numbers of drunken hen and stag groups, occasionally colliding in unsavoury chav-tastic chaos. That'll serve me right for arriving on a Saturday night! I have retreated to my hotel room to watch the footy in bed!