Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
07-11-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Hello Ollie! I'm sorta new from the True North (wronged and fleeced). Nice to meet you!
And Caspin, you know what's great? There are actually a few people out in YTland who've posted tons of pifs (old and new) on their channels. If you're ever looking for decent blood and gore, go and check'em out. Biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Mmmmmm blood and gore!

Yesterday turned out to be interesting. I went to visit some friends (with my cake) and ended up having a go on an Oculus Rift headset. I was a little apprehensive about trying it because you know I am easily absorbed and was concerned that I might never want to take it off again. Fortunately (or unfortunately, I suppose) the resolution of the video that I watched was quite low, so I didn't really want to look at it for very long. Afterwards I was a bit dizzy but it was difficult to know what had caused this. It was very interesting though. Would try again!
10-11-2015, 12:09 AM
You were worried the Oculus Rift was like Red Dwarf's Better than Life? Luckily nobody has yet come up with a game that is that immersive. Although some MMOs come pretty close to it. Hmmm, that reminds me. I haven't played RIFT in a few days... Omg
14-11-2015, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2015 05:11 PM by Caspin.)
I am surprisingly easily immersed, unfortunately. Maybe that's why I like sim games - it's a relatively safe place to get lost!

Awful scenes from France. I will have to avoid watching the news today as there will be people spewing a whole lot of rubbish, no doubt. What a world.

Trivial but positive news - fresh installation of the operating system on my Mac went very well. I tried just dragging across all the files from a backup file for TS3 and it actually worked! I thought I was going to get myself in a right muddle but the computer gods smiled upon me.

I'm a bit too cream-crackered to stay at the computer, though, so it's another chapter of Wolf Hall for me.

Hope you all have a peaceful weekend. Wonder where that Minty has got to now? Might have to have him chipped! Hopefully not washed away by storm Abigail.
14-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Heartless what happened in Paris. Meanwhile I was wondering if you had any problems with that new update for TS3 that's supposed to trap your game in Origin oblivion. I unchecked the automatic updates on my TS3 launcher. Just hope it doesn't check it for me. Omg
18-11-2015, 12:37 AM
The storms were peculiar. You know all those weather forecasts of 80 mph winds for up to twelve hours? It lasted all of 3 minutes (yes, THREE) where I was. All the same, pretty hairy - like a tidal wave was hitting the house, so strong was the rain. I pity those who were further north & on the coast, a miracle no one was killed.

The Paris shootings were bizarre. I know that traditionally the French & Syrians have issues dating back to WW2 time (to be brief, Syria was declared independent by the Free French in 1941 when they overthrew the Vichy authority in charge there; but after VE Day they bombed Damascus & tried to overthrow the democratically voted government in charge. Britain forced the French to keep their promise, but the Syrians never forgave them for it). But what did they think it would achieve, other than giving the French every excuse to overkill another former colony?

You need to have a serious screw loose to want to antagonise two nuclear powers (Russia and France) who have a history of alliances against mutual foes when all you have is AK47s and semtex. It was kept rather quiet back in February that the Charles DeGaulle aircraft carrier (reckoned to be the best in the world) was sending its 21 aircraft to bomb ISIS flat after the Charlie Hebdo murders - 25 full scale raids a day. If that's how the French responded over a crap adult comic most French people disliked anyway (pre-ISIS massacre it was regarded as puerile & a bit full of itself), its a pretty good guess they'll show no quarter after over 100 of their citizens were butchered.

Sorry for the vanishing act btw. Problems at work. Things aren't looking good. Our owners are morons who admit they've blown all the profit money over the last 8 years on themselves & now have no money to restructure or take action now profits have crashed due to competitors. Which could mean the other sort of restructuring happening. Oh well.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
18-11-2015, 08:08 AM
I'm glad to hear from you. I was going to wait a full calendar month before spamming you with messages to see if you were OK. I will look out in the post for my certificate of excellence in the field of not nagging. Tongue

Sorry things are rough at work. I don't know of many people who are happy at work these days. Seems to be getting worse all round.

I see what you mean about France. Isn't that what terrorists want, though? Retaliation? One "side" gives the other an excuse to carry on and then the other side does the same. It'll just go on and on. People are insane.

We had storm Barney or somethings yesterday (the names they choose are hilarious- what is this, the Flintstones?) but the very high winds subsided during the night. Hopefully it didn't damage too many trees.

Better go to work I suppose. Catch you later.
19-11-2015, 04:25 AM
Hi Caspin. How was work for you today? Sorry to hear your bosses are such elephant posteriors, Minty. Hope you get through things okay.
The snow and sleet have finally made an appearance here in the True North. DancingAlienListeningtomusicSohappy My family thinks I'm completely nuts for liking this stuff (which leads to people forgetting how to drive, cars skidding into ditches and into other cars, and general frustration) but I'm the type that likes things happening when they're supposed to. We're overdue for the cold stuff.
I am a weird sort. Smile
19-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Well at least you are not alone in your appreciation of the cold weather - you've got me! It's been unseasonably warm here, with occasional storms. This weekend we are supposed to join you in reaching proper temperatures of zero degrees. Whether it will last I do not know. But I will be sure to enjoy it for now.

Work's ok. More like working in a zoo than an office sometimes, but I should learn to laugh it off. My situation is better than most. Still freaking glad to get to Friday though!
20-11-2015, 01:32 AM
The car and I slogged through the slush and stuff on super-slow-mo until I was home so I could feed the cat. Then the car and I slogged to the library so I could pick up some books. I could have waited but then I would have had to pay a fine.