Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
09-03-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Jeez. It might be safer if we attempt this ourselves. You just have to boil some water, tear up a bed sheet and shout motivational ideas at the mother-to-be. I've seen it on TV. In all seriousness, good luck to them and I hope the rugrat pops out soon.
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2016, 06:04 PM
300? That's ridiculous! Here's hoping everything will go well.

I've been silently freaking out about the election results of this past weekend. AfD getting two-digit-results is all kinds of bad and scares the sh*t out of me. Someone please tell me this will be over soon.
(Why is it that we're always talking politics here? That's kind of depressing.)
10-03-2016, 07:57 PM
The whole world is doomed, Wanda, so don't worry - soon it really will be all over!

Nice to see you, though. Apart from the world-ending politics, how's life?
11-03-2016, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2016 09:27 PM by Wandarine.)
How's life? Going on, I guess.
I amused a few people on the bus today because I was carrying an avocado plant. It's our office plant and my coworker refuses to give it a bigger pot. So I took it home for the weekend and plan to repot it. On monday I'll try to be the first to come in (shouldn't be hard, haha) and secretly put it back, let's see if he even notices! Big Grin
I made a before-picture, if everything goes as planned I can show you an after-picture on monday.
12-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Ha! You should put it in the most outlandishly enormous pot that you can find, put it back in position and then pretend you've no idea what he's talking about when he notices it being larger. Biggrin

Does it actually grow avocados? That would be very handy at lunchtime. I would like lines of tomato plants on all the window sills in our office but nobody else seems enthusiastic. I think they'd do really well as it is excessively bright and unbearably warm in there, probably due to most of the women turning up in vest tops in the middle of winter and then cranking up the heating. One if these days I might just pass out.
12-03-2016, 04:00 PM
[Image: growing%20an%20avocado%20tree.jpg#overlay-context=]

Avocados ftw.

[Image: 8f1beef2fa11a795de1c57bfe091650a.jpg]
12-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Nomnomnom avocados. Yummy.

This morning I was woken up at 3.00 am by a bird doing every possible impression of car alarms, mobile phone ringtones etc. It's now 5.00 pm and it is STILL GOING. Surely it is exhausted. If you made me sing for that long I'm sure I'd collapse. Also, how I am going to sleep with this invincible bird chirping away day and night!
12-03-2016, 06:28 PM
It does, sadly, not grow avocados yet. But that would indeed be yummy!

Tomatoes on the windowsill have kind of a backstory here, though. Someone in our workplace got in trouble for growing + selling them. Because, you know, when he uses the company's water and space and everything to grow them, he has to share the profit he makes. Omg
13-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Oh dear! I suppose if you turn a large proportion of the office space into an allotment then you're asking for trouble. A couple of plants surely don't matter. You'd better tread carefully if your plant does produce avocados then. No profits for you!
15-03-2016, 07:46 PM
I wonder if the baby is still stuck in Minty's sister-in-law like a little bun clinging to the oven.