Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
26-07-2016, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2016 09:52 PM by Caspin.)
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
I had almost forgotten that the Olympics is this year. That crept up didn't it. Best of luck to Rio, but it is unlikely to top London 2012, which exceeded my expectations by quite some way!

The most interesting thing is to take a look at the mascots for the games. They are always fairly zany.

[Image: banner_650_480.png]

Yup.

Wondering whether I should put a bet on how long Pokemon Go fever will last. People are enthusiastic now, and some are walking miles and miles to collect their monsters, but will that enthusiasm last once summer is over? It's all good and well that people are having fun and getting some fresh air, but I really don't want to read any more reports of kids getting (a) rescued from mine shafts, (b) straying across land mines or © breaking and entering private property to get a digital pikachu!
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2016, 09:11 PM
The omnium. Truly a mystery. I find cycling races quite dull to watch. I've enjoyed some of the gymnastics although I am bewildered as to why they are obliged to wear such sparkling outfits. Being able to leap into the air and spin round is exciting enough, no sequins needed.

Well, it certainly is quiet here now. oh well. Hope everyone is all right out there and so on. I have been having a more successful time after my long run of family crises and things are getting back to normal. I've seen a load of plays recently, some better than others, including one that not only starred the guy who plays Stannis in GoT but also had it raining on stage - top stuff!
16-09-2016, 01:31 PM
I've been more active on VidKid's chat box of late. Work's okay although I've wanted to kill the laminator again this year. Actually, what's really going through my mind right now you'll find in the following blog post.
http://wry7000.blogspot.ca/2016/09/not-p...-well.html
20-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Hang in there, pet. Big hugs. Sad

Laminators, eh? Can't say I'm a fan. They're sometimes fun to use, but then I fret because you can no longer recycle the paper!

You know, I always thought the way the deer in TS3 hopped about was totally mad. But actually now I know it's reasonably accurate. So that's me told!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audi...s/37423254

I've been obliged to take it a bit easy recently after a ludicrous fall resulted in quite a badly injured ankle. Over a month later and I still can't really do stairs very easily. It's driving me mad. I had to head up to Scotland with it, as I'd already booked everything and needed to check out some things in preparation to move there. Negotiating hills with a wonky ankle is bloody awful, but nothing compared to the occasional cobbled street - nightmare! Oh well, it will get better eventually. Then I'll be all springy like a deer. Yes
21-09-2016, 03:48 AM
Due to the fact that the future of this little community seems really unclear...I guess in my last post here, I should have been more clear about what I was trying to say....I'm very sorry to say this, but I'd like to confirm that Fury is most likely never going to be updated again. The story is pretty much done Sad I know that a lot of people seemed to have liked it and that is why I personally thank you all so much for your endless support in my story, I truly appreciate each and every single one of your comments on it!
15-10-2016, 05:17 AM
Wherever everyone is right now, I hope you are all well. I've had ups and downs this fall so far. I've mentioned the down on my blog but I'll mention it here too.
My dad passed away a month ago due to a blood clot to the brain (but the Crab was in his lungs so that didn't help) and we're still going through a lot of stuff. D:
On the positive side mi hermana got married last Saturday. It was one of the best weddings I've ever attended. Once I get pics (and permission to post them) I'll put a couple on my blog. Big Grin
Take care everyone and have a lovely weekend.
10-11-2016, 09:17 PM
What a year.
30-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Just thought I would stop in to wish a Happy New Year to anyone who may swing by. I realise this probably means I am just wishing myself a good year but never mind! Goodness knows what 2017 may bring after the madness of 2016 but I hope we all survive it and find something positive. My personal aim is to flee the country, which you must admit is at least more exciting than most new year resolutions Biggrin

Cheers! Haveadrink
01-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Happy new year.

I am probably going to regret this, but I have polished off two bottles of wine, have now hit the port, cheese & biscuits & so don't bloody care.

I can also see someone new has posted & it makes me feel guilty.

I say let's give this place another go. Am loading up Sims 3 for the first time since eff knows when & am going to see where it takes me.

Hugs & kisses to all.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-01-2017, 09:35 PM
fudge me, it's Minty! A drunk version. I will put the tea on and get you a blanket.

Happy to give this another go if you are. Smile