Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Roaming the Nhood, Welcoming new simmies?
13-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Roaming the Nhood, Welcoming new simmies?
Hi, there was something I was thinking about while vacumming Lol
Since sims can now simply walk out there front doors (supposedly) and head over to the sims across the street or next door. What about sims welcoming other sims into the nhood.??

What I mean is, what about Jack sim who loves to cook, sees new sims and being the nice flirty guy he is.. bakes them one of his wonderful apple pies and heads over giving them the pie and meeting new people. which opens the window for new friends and lovers or hell even enemys...
Maybe if a sim does that he might get a bonus or something for going out there and doing that??

Depending on the other sims personalitys of course... I mean I am sure a paranoid, anti-social rude sim won't be too pleased about that.. and may even do something mean  >Sad

What do you guys think?  ???

Yes I love Rose!! He is hot and his voice is beautiful!!
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Re: Roaming the Nhood, Welcoming new simmies?
This is a nice idea, I agree. It'd be great if the Sims that have welcomed the new Sim, and the Sim that has been welcomed, could also receive happy moodlets of some sort because they have a new aquaintence who they think they could start a good friendship with, you know? And if the opposite occurs, and the welcome doesn't go right, they recieve a bad moodlet, and then maybe the new Wishes and Promises system could come into use for both outcomes. For example, if the welcome went well, they can have a small wish to go and meet that Sim again soon. And if the welcome went wrong, they could have a small wish to never talk to that Sim again. Or in more extreme cases, they could want to move to the other edge of the 'hood, away from that Sim, because it's probably easier for Sims that live in the same corners of the 'hood to greet and meet each other.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
13-04-2008, 10:08 PM
hahaha i love this idea..
meeting and greeting should be more personal.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
15-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I think this idea is perfect on the sims1 they'd bring some chocolate or whatever Yummy..... Just going over to the new sims' house and greeting them with a lovely apple pie might brighten up their day! If the sim is mean then they'd probably take it and smash it in your face. It'd be fun to see another sim come in a moving van and start fixing up their house, everyday you could see it slowly improve. But other than those things, you have a great idea!

If you don't babble, you can't get set-up.
16-04-2008, 02:15 PM
I love this idea! One thing I really miss from Sims 2 was when sims would bring over chocolate or fruitcake! Mmm...delicious. Sims should totally be able to welcome their neighbors. If they haven't met them yet, when they're home and option should appear if you click on their door (or them if they're visible) to welcome them instead of greet. Then I guess you could select what you wanted to give them for your inventory.

I really hope that if you plan to give them a pie, you'll whip the pie out, give it to them, and then maybe when they receive it they'd invite you in to share a piece.
16-04-2008, 02:51 PM
(16-04-2008 02:15 PM)dejadejavu link Wrote:I really hope that if you plan to give them a pie, you'll whip the pie out, give it to them, and then maybe when they receive it they'd invite you in to share a piece.

Oh yes, I agree, I hope they can do that! Big Grin I also think that mean Sims should take the pie without a thank you and slam the door in their faces! And unsociable Sims should appreciate the welcome gift and say thank you, but be very nervous about it and not invite them in because they're too scared. Smile

I hope they don't whip the pie out, though, it would be nice if they could actually bake it at their house, but it in some sort of packaging and carry it from their house to the neighbour's home, to make it more realistic. I don't like how all of my Sims are like Mary Poppins and her magic bag, they pull all sorts of things from their pockets. :Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
16-04-2008, 05:13 PM
yeah i was hoping that too but with the info released it sounds like its still the inventory method meaning it disappears in there til used...
im disappointed.
but yes they should offer to share or not.i agree. i like the slamming the door in the face thing too haha.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
16-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Aww, what a great idea! I never even thought of this... I can't even remember it being in Sims 1. But yeah, and I completely agree with Cassie's "moodlet" thing; Their reactions to the pie make them either happy or sad.

There could be a really emotional and sensitive sim, who gets given the pie and stars crying and says "I'M ALLERGIC TO PIE" or something and slams the door in their face.

Allergies... Ooh, new idea. Big Grin Dunno if that's been mentioned before but oh well. Big Grin

[center][Image: Woo.jpg]
[/center]
16-04-2008, 10:45 PM
how do you get that from vaccuming
i do agree with your ideas
you sime to have alot of good ideas
i do think you sims should walk around maybe drive and still be in control.
17-04-2008, 03:37 AM
I am happy you guys liked my Idea Big Grin

As for how i got the idea from vacumming.... O.o; I dunno I was just thinking and POP there it was.

:Smile

Yes I love Rose!! He is hot and his voice is beautiful!!