Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've been dying to know what others will think of my idea! :D
14-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I've been dying to know what others will think of my idea! :D
I just wanted to know what people think of the great idea I've had for TS3. So here:
You know in the Sims 2 CAS screen, where you can choose relations (ex. Sibling, spouse..)?..what if we could choose to be related to other sims in the neighborhood, and have like 'grandma' or 'uncle'?  I've always wanted to make my entire family on The Sims, but its impossible without those options, because you have to look for them, befriend them, and so on.. Sims shouldn't have to live with you to be related to you! 

Anyway.. tell me what you think!  Smile

I can't do the talk, like the talk on the TV. And I<br />can't do a love song, like the way it's meant to be.<br />I can't do everything, but I'd do anything for you..<br />I can't do anything except be in love with you&lt;3
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Re: I've been dying to know what others will think of my idea! :D
Can't you do that already? Just make an Elder sim, then adult children linked to them, and then teens or children linked to the adults. I haven't actually tried this out I just thought that might work.
14-04-2008, 12:25 AM
(14-04-2008 12:20 AM)dejadejavu link Wrote:Can't you do that already? Just make an Elder sim, then adult children linked to them, and then teens or children linked to the adults. I haven't actually tried this out I just thought that might work.

Well, yeah, but you have to make the entire family in one house then, instead of having everyone live seprately.

I can't do the talk, like the talk on the TV. And I<br />can't do a love song, like the way it's meant to be.<br />I can't do everything, but I'd do anything for you..<br />I can't do anything except be in love with you&lt;3
14-04-2008, 08:02 AM
(14-04-2008 12:25 AM)Emmuffins link Wrote:[quote author=dejadejavu link=topic=1658.msg37819#msg37819 date=1208128831]
Can't you do that already? Just make an Elder sim, then adult children linked to them, and then teens or children linked to the adults. I haven't actually tried this out I just thought that might work.

Well, yeah, but you have to make the entire family in one house then, instead of having everyone live seprately.
[/quote]

That's true, yes. I understand how you mean, and it's a good idea. I also would like to add that I hate how in TS2 everyone in the group you made in CAS has to share the same last name when they're not even related. Like, if you want to do a group of friends living together, you've got to do them seperately. :Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
14-04-2008, 01:45 PM
I like both of those ideas. Especially the latter - I've been dying for EAxis to change the whole "household name" thing. But, Emmuffins, yours is great, as well. I haven't really thought about that, but it is a good idea. Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
15-04-2008, 01:05 AM
oh i know
i wonder how complicated it would be
to have that change..
like seperate last names..but then what would we call the households when they live together??
and i hate having to make families live together..i agree making them all at once would make sense.but then in the neighborhood you should be able to split them up how you want to ..or in cas it dont matter.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
15-04-2008, 02:55 AM
(14-04-2008 08:02 AM)Mrs. Cassie Grint link Wrote:[quote author=Emmuffins link=topic=1658.msg37820#msg37820 date=1208129134]
[quote author=dejadejavu link=topic=1658.msg37819#msg37819 date=1208128831]

[/quote]

That's true, yes. I understand how you mean, and it's a good idea. I also would like to add that I hate how in TS2 everyone in the group you made in CAS has to share the same last name when they're not even related. Like, if you want to do a group of friends living together, you've got to do them seperately. :Smile
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't like how they all must share the same last name either.. and then when you move them into the house together, the loading screen says the last name of the first family you moved in.  My friend and I always combined our last names when we played together.  Wink

15-04-2008, 02:58 AM
yeah i often had to combine last names to i hated that so much cause then the names were long and every new member had that long name hehe

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
15-04-2008, 06:32 AM
I think we should be able to create the Sims' first and last name seperately, like how we do on TS2 now. When we make a Sim, we have to type in their name, well this time we should also be able to do the last name after that.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
15-04-2008, 03:36 PM
ghey already kinnda have the seperate last names in uni
when you create young adults you choose a household name and last name for every sim you creat
it would be awsome if that option would be available for every age groupe in TS3
about the 1st idea i would like the idea of creating a family with teens and younger but without parents
like having a teen or younger live with it's grand parent/s without havibg to create and adult and kill it later

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />