Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anyone else annoyed..
17-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Re: anyone else annoyed..
(17-04-2008 06:47 AM)heather link Wrote:I signed up for the newsletter when Sims 2 began. I get news about new EP's, 2 weeks after they have been released. It is old news every time it comes.
So I never signed up for the new Sims 3 site.  Smile

Well that is discouraging!

(16-04-2008 08:16 PM)Mrs. Cassie Grint link Wrote:We did get that information though, didn't we? I read all of the chapter titles and the beggining of the book before it was out, they were on MuggleNet. But I have to agree, it was truly just the greatest book in the world. Big Grin

But back on topic now. If we don't get any updates before May, I think I'll officially just give up with hoping. I'm sorry, but it's been so long now, it's just not funny anymore! :-\

Yes but those were not released months before by JK herself, like she did for Half Blood Prince. When she released the three chapter titles and that paragraph describing the new Minister of Magic. Those were where someone had gotten the book early (wish I had been one of the lucky ones.. lol!) and scanned them. Those were awesome!

Anyways... I just keep checking here everyday... hoping and waiting for one of you fabulous people to post something from a site you found!

And HOORAYS for everyone in this thread because we need good feelings of hope while we wait for EA!
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I was expecting updates within like a week...I'm sorely disappointed. It doesn't seem like very good marketing. You should wait long enough to build some buzz(this is the word, yes?) but not so long people get bored. I wish there was at least a Q & A that didn't say the same thing as every other one. I would hope for a fan one, it wouldn't have to be big they could have fans submit and they would only have to answer five or ten but at least it would be SOMETHING.
17-04-2008, 07:33 PM
yeah its a shame they arent including us much at all.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
17-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Maybe there will be a rush of information soon? But I doubt that it will happen. It seems like if they wanted to keep people interested they would let out little facts every one or two weeks. Then people could have something to go off of and discuss. But EAxis always seems to release things in big bits. Like putting teasers in for expansions and THEN announcing them.
17-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm expecting our next update to be one hell of an update, to make up for all this time they've left us knowing nothing.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-04-2008, 05:07 AM
some people have said it could be because of apts..well forget that update them both at the same time so everyone is happy. if they are worried about people losing interest in ts2 so soon its a little late for that they already announced ts3..there is no taking that back so they need to make updates now.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
18-04-2008, 10:28 AM
They should have finished up with the Expansions for TS2 before announcing TS3. Apartment Life should have been done and dusted, out there in the shops, before they announced TS3. Then we could have avoided all this anticapation AND we could have had much more regular updates.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I agree, I mean the only thing I've heard about AL was a little poll on thesims2.com and I thought that was for the console. All of a sudden WHAM! It's gonna be out on friday? Where's all the marketing?

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
18-04-2008, 05:16 PM
(18-04-2008 10:28 AM)Mrs. Cassie Grint link Wrote:They should have finished up with the Expansions for TS2 before announcing TS3. Apartment Life should have been done and dusted, out there in the shops, before they announced TS3. Then we could have avoided all this anticapation AND we could have had much more regular updates.

I don't know...I feel like before we got the announcement everyone was wondering when news of TS3 would come out. At least I was waiting impatiently. It does suck that we kind of got the brush off though.

I was really surprised when I heard about Apartment Life. I can't believe they're making the last EP this lame. I know I should reserve judgement until I hear more, but unless they really pour their hearts and souls into making this a great EP, its just going to add a different way to live and the excitement will wear off will quick.

Also they better enable you to own an apartment complex and rent things out. I can understand why hotels can't be run as businesses...but not apartments.
18-04-2008, 05:19 PM
(18-04-2008 05:16 PM)dejadejavu link Wrote:[quote author=Mrs. Cassie Grint link=topic=1677.msg39898#msg39898 date=1208510939]
They should have finished up with the Expansions for TS2 before announcing TS3. Apartment Life should have been done and dusted, out there in the shops, before they announced TS3. Then we could have avoided all this anticapation AND we could have had much more regular updates.

I don't know...I feel like before we got the announcement everyone was wondering when news of TS3 would come out. At least I was waiting impatiently. It does suck that we kind of got the brush off though.

I was really surprised when I heard about Apartment Life. I can't believe they're making the last EP this lame. I know I should reserve judgement until I hear more, but unless they really pour their hearts and souls into making this a great EP, its just going to add a different way to live and the excitement will wear off will quick.

Also they better enable you to own an apartment complex and rent things out. I can understand why hotels can't be run as businesses...but not apartments.
[/quote]

I heard AL was just going to be a stuff pack. ( I dunno how, or why it would be one if it has a lot if interactions) And those aren't really too popular. But I do hope it's a full on EP like Seasons because it would be more intergrated.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!