• 0 Votes - 0 Average
makin magic
21-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Re: makin magic
i have freetime  its sweet
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I think it was an okay addition to the game but really those wishes are extremely lame

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
22-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I agree. I disliked the Genie because I really didn't want any of those wishes.. there should have been many more options.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
22-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah i usually ignored the stupid Lamp. Yeah i agree the genie should have had a lot more to offer.

22-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Besides, why do people keep saying you're lucky if you get the genie lamp? That Matchmaker lady goes and delivers one when you call her, I'd hardly call that rare. :-\

24-04-2008, 02:10 AM
(18-04-2008 11:03 AM)Cassie the Green One link Wrote:Yes, it relly does, Harry Potter isnt a cheesy kind of magic. It seems incredibly real because it's not all "Hocus Pocus" and "Halakazam". If they made magical abilities and objects available in an EP, then if you'd rather stick with realism, you just don't buy it.

Yea, good point. I'm kind of disappointed in the Apartment Life EP. Just as I'm starting to want a Makin' Magic EP, they come out with the last EP for TS2. I think AL has potential to be a great game, but it just would have been cool to go out with a bang in TS2.

I think if they did a Harry Potteresque Magic EP a lot more people would come around to the idea. Maybe only certain families could end up with magical powers (but there would be things that you could do to greatly enhance the odds of it happening) and then the powers would be passed down to their children...of course with the possiblity of a squib, or maybe a magical genius like Hermione.

I would like it if the magic wasn't so out in the open. Magical families would have to be semi careful about performing magic in presence of Smuggles...haha.
24-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I wish that Jo/WB or whoever would sign an agreement or whatnot with EAxis, similar to what H&M did with their SP, so then we could have a proper Harry Potter based EP. It is a popular franchise, afterall, surely it would sell well? I would be over the moon if they did that. My two favourite things combined. Big Grin

25-04-2008, 05:53 AM
I know right a harry potter inspired ep would sell huge!!! and i imagine..alot of new fans would be drawn into the sims franchise they should try it.

25-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Definitely! I'm surprised that haven't even done it yet... maybe Jo/WB doesn't want them to make it? Or maybe they have been waiting for TS3, so that they can make it more realistic-looking and bring out more detail of the magical world?

28-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Ok so this is why I think EA isn't giving us MM....They are simply trying to make this franchise as realistic as possible.  Do we go around waving wands and turning people into toads?? No we don't, and never will. So why would EA want to put unrealistic things in such a realistic environment? I'm not saying I didn't like MM for Sims 1 but now that they have made the game so similar to life I don't think they want to go back to unrealistic gameplay.