Re: Traits
i hope townies aren't random.

knowing my luck every non playable sims in my neighbourhood will be klepto!  :o

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2008, 10:26 AM
People seemed to be quite obsessed with klepto... I'm going to try and avoid making Sims with repeated traits, I really want to explare the benefits and downfalls of all of the traits, even if they don't sound appealing.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Most of the traits out there seem pretty cool and flexible. I think I'll probably end up making sims similar to the aspirations in TS2 only they'll be more three dimensional. Like I can have a genius sim who is really uptight and particular, or a partier sim who is easy to get along with.

I'm so excited to be able to customize townies! I can't wait to create my neighborhood. I might root out any kleptos though, I'm not too excited about that trait. I think it would be better to have something like a "Happy Fingers" trait which would mean the person steals, but not compulsively.
18-04-2008, 04:31 PM
(17-04-2008 10:51 PM)Mrs. Cassie Grint link Wrote:I think all the traits will be assigned to different townies so that we'll be able to see the effects of each and every trait. I want to get to know the consequences you recieve from having a certain trait before I start picking out my favourites. Some will provide more entertainment than others.

Good call. It would be awsome to see how they react, hopefully in CAS there will be a full ob depth discription of each trait. Personally, I already have at least 30 different sims created (on paper tee hee) with different traits and they are split between male and female. I haven't even made male/female versions of the same traits. Because variety is the spice of life, I want to add them into my game as well so that I know what traits they possess because I created them.

If you pick the traits and don't know what each will bring to the table, you can't really blame anyone but yourself because you are "god" just play along and watch it all unfold. Then you will have plenty of stories to tell. I just can't wait for the forum to be buzzing again like the week after everyone gets the game.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
18-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I doubt they'll have descriptions of how each and every one plays out. EA likes to keep a little mystery in the game. If there are descriptions, they'd probably be very brief. The Prima Guide for this game could be reallly worth buying!
18-04-2008, 05:16 PM
(18-04-2008 05:10 PM)dejadejavu link Wrote:I doubt they'll have descriptions of how each and every one plays out. EA likes to keep a little mystery in the game. If there are descriptions, they'd probably be very brief. The Prima Guide for this game could be reallly worth buying!

True, but they can be very discriptive as well. If you play ts2, if you hover over the astrological sign, it tells you what type of sim they are. Lazy, good at meeting new people etc. They may include that same for the traits.

Many of the traits are words people have never even heard of, so much that snooty put out a decription list (or you can look them up on dictionary.com lol) I really don't care, I just wish we'd get some new info already :-\

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
24-04-2008, 10:23 PM
(18-04-2008 10:26 AM)Cassie the Green One link Wrote:People seemed to be quite obsessed with klepto... I'm going to try and avoid making Sims with repeated traits, I really want to explare the benefits and downfalls of all of the traits, even if they don't sound appealing.

yeah i want all my sims to be unique maybe one trait in common ( at least with the sims i create ) townies i dont care as much but when i make my sims each one will be completely unique..
im probably going to get out some paper and plan out some families and story lines..like i did for ts2...only this time..it might actually be more of what i wanted.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
24-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm going to plan too, even though I have sort of already sone this, but I'm waiting for the rest of the traits. We have about 50 or so of around 80, so there's plenty more to be revealed as of yet. But I completely agree, I want each Sim to be unique, I want each Sim to have their own personality that no one else has, I'd love that. But when we have all the traits known, I'm definitely going to plan different mixes of traits and decide which ones I'm going to be using first. Every single one of the traits I will use at least once, even if it's a boring one - I don't want to miss out on anything.

24-04-2008, 10:43 PM
so true i forgot all about that..we still dont know the rest of the traits...i wonder what they could be..im excited..
and the only reason i havent planned yet is because i dont know enough detail about the game..and how realistic it will be..so idont wanna create all these different sims...and how i want their lives to play out..and then be disappointed because its not even possible..

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
24-04-2008, 10:54 PM
The biggest reason I haven't gone into much planning is because I want to know more abot the benefits and downfalls you get from each trait, what options become available with that trait. Some traits will change gameplay more than others, so yes, I want to know more about traits and TS3 as a whole before I get into planning.