Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's to Expect for the Evolution of the Legacy Challenge?
14-03-2008, 09:26 PM
What's to Expect for the Evolution of the Legacy Challenge?
What do you expect will happen? How will the Sims 3 effect the infamous and ever-so entertaining Legacy challenge? Will we still have those fine points from fulfilling LTWs, or will LTWs be completely gone, replaced by something newer and brighter? Can we honestly rely on all of these handicaps being feasible in TS3?

Once more, what do YOU think? Are you guys at all worried?

I know I'm worried out of my mind; Legacies are the prime source of entertainment to me, and if their current flexibility leads to a gigantic edit, will we learn to love the new type of challenge?
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Re: What's to Expect for the Evolution of the Legacy Challenge?
When we know more about the game, we'll know just how much the legacy challenge will be effected. Hopefully it won't be too much.
14-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I agree, there isn't enough information. D:
I'm just curious if anyone has any educated guesses, or perhaps just any comments whatsoever. xD
This is the first thing that popped into my head after registering, so naturally I had to post it. :3
14-03-2008, 09:39 PM
The official web site said that there will be more information on The Sims 3 coming March 19!

http://thesims3.ea.com/

[Image: womapromo21.gif]
<br /><br />(Download Britney Spears New Single &quot;Womanizer&quot; on iTunes October 7th)<br />You Say I'm Crazy, I Got Your Crazy. Your Nothing But A Womanizer<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *Created By A BreatheHeavyer*
14-03-2008, 10:39 PM
I've wondered this too.

Well, from what I've read so far in some magazines and on the internet, the Legacy Challenge will change. Maybe not in the basics, but there is going to be so much more to add to it because the way our simmies think, act, and respond to each other will change so much.

Mariah is my name, simming is my game.<br /><br />~Unashamed Simmer For 6 Years~
14-03-2008, 10:50 PM
(14-03-2008 09:26 PM)Chartreuse link Wrote:What do you expect will happen? How will the Sims 3 effect the infamous and ever-so entertaining Legacy challenge? Will we still have those fine points from fulfilling LTWs, or will LTWs be completely gone, replaced by something newer and brighter? Can we honestly rely on all of these handicaps being feasible in TS3?

Once more, what do YOU think? Are you guys at all worried?

I know I'm worried out of my mind; Legacies are the prime source of entertainment to me, and if their current flexibility leads to a gigantic edit, will we learn to love the new type of challenge?

Well I know the people at EAxis have taken legacys to heart knowing how important they are to a lot of gamers.

My observation is that in this new game, there will be even MORE options for legacy gamers because just think, if you chose 5 traits and without cheats, you couldn't possibly (or maybe because there will be 80) choose those traits for your children if they were to be passed down, your sims great, great, grands will act completely different because of all the traits and you as a legacy player would have to learn to deal with their personalities which differed from your first sim. Just think, if great, great grandpa Joe Sim married into a townie who had 5 traits like, vegan, EVIL, family-orriented, workaholic, and shy- that EVIL trait may or may not be passed down to their great, great, grandchild Oleg Sim and he could be one BAD kid/teen.Big Grin I am pretty dern sure you legacy players can have a ton of fun.

In fact, I think you guys got the better hand of the stick because the new game focuses more on the sims traits and significance. Things would happen that us 'god-like' players have no control over (depending if we choose) we are so used to doing everything a certain way, but this new game will put much imphesis on letting things "just happen" like a legacys.  Big Grin

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
14-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Like everyone above me is saying, we really don't know a lot about the game. So, I guess we first have to wait till March 19.
And then we can say something about it. But, I am not worried about it, because I know they have done their best to do whatever they can, cuz' they know there are a lot of fans who are waiting for a great Sims sequel! ;D

[center] [color=pink]Click here to visit my Flickr-account![/center]<br /><br />[center][Image: 4551831341_6aed0dc01d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4117563128_9c3c280b5d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4450527842_a3542a1668_s.jpg]
[Image: 4502276389_3bd7c60509_s.jpg]
[Image: 4412261932_ee7ddeaa85_s.jpg]
<br /><br />[color=pink]Follow me on Twitter: <br />[b]@MelissaDTH<br />@Amirightband[/center]
14-03-2008, 10:54 PM
And I forgot to add, you legacy players will have a WHOLE NEW rule book! That's great! New game, new rules. I'm just excited for not having to answer and read the same questions and stories on the BBS because with 80 traits, your sims will have SO many different things happening to them, or them doing to other sims (hehe) that you will have tons to read about and learn. I'm almost certain not too many players will have the same 5 traitsBig Grin

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
15-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I imagine there will be settings/rules you can apply when ever you make a new hood or even just a household with things like how much starting cash your new household gets. I hope The Sims 3 team talks to the high counsel of the legacy makers (or what ever it’s called) to learn more on how to  best satisfy legacy players.

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
15-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't play legacy's (I am a boolprop addict  Tongue).  Gosh legacies is TS3.  Those will be insane.

[center]*CupcakesandPlumbobs*<br />Rachel<br />[Image: thcupcake.jpg]
<br />http://www.myspace.com/saintrachel<br />AIM=AStrawberrySlush[/center]