Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wow! great idea!
17-04-2008, 11:49 PM
wow! great idea!
Lately I've been seeing a lot of people posting replies that only say "Cool" or "Wow! Great idea!"

This bothers me slightly as it seems the same people do this multiple times. I was wondering if this has bothered anyone else. To me, its just disappointing to be following a thread, and to be interested in what the newest post says and then it just be "cool idea."
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Re: wow! great idea!
This is EXACTLY how I feel. It's an obvious attempt to boost post count and those types of posts are not adding anything at all to the thread. I find it lame and irritating. If they don't have anything decent to say or anything to expand on at all, then there's seldom point in posting.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-04-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm quite torn about this one as well. I'll have to get back to you once I make a decision.

I mean, on one hand, yes...it does seem that people use it as a way to boost their post count, and it's quite irritating. But on the other hand, some people just can't think of anything else to say. They just want to voice their opinion on the matter, not their thoughts. But I guess they could at least point out the specific part(s) that they agree with. That way it's at least a bit worth reading.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
18-04-2008, 12:34 AM
I think they should use a situation where they agree but can't think of anything to stretch their imagination.

Expand the idea, point out a possible flaw, talk about how it will enhance other features of the game.

If I like an idea, but I can't think of anything to say. Generally I just don't say anything, then something might come to me later.
18-04-2008, 12:38 AM
And that's definitely the best thing to do...but people will do what they want to do, and I don't think it's fair to tell them not to post unless they can add to the idea or point out its flaws. Just my opinion, really. Granted, it is quite annoying, and for the most part, it's definitely unnecessary. But until it gets extremely out of hand, I don't think there's much we can do.

Feel free to continue to voice your opinions...I'm just saying don't expect anything to happen about this anytime soon. Sorry. Sad

18-04-2008, 01:15 AM
What I do is that I'll say what I think goes with the idea, and tell them that their idea is great or awesome or cool or whatever.

I agree, that's a pathetic attempt at boosting your posts. Like I said in my thread "Posting Contents", it's not a contest for most posts. And I think people think that.

-Supergeek

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
18-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Yes, quite a few of them do, actually.

18-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Also, in my sis's thread "Petz Hamsterz 2", somebody just plainly said, "No". I mean come on! Be like Bambi, and say "Nope...sorry" or at least more than one syllable! Grr it makes me mad!

-Supergeek

18-04-2008, 01:38 AM
I tried to make my answer as long as I could... Wink :Smile

18-04-2008, 01:40 AM
It's better than saying "No"! Seriously! He/she didn't even have a period!

-Supergeek