Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Writing Stories...
20-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Writing Stories...
This isn't an interesting topic, I suppose, I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who enjoys writing stories? I only write for myself and my friends, my mum keeps pestering me to get things published (she once tried to take a story of mine to a publishers behind my back but I found out before she could) and I'm too scared to, so I keep them to myself now. I'm not exacly the most spectacular writer in the world, but it's one of the things I enjoy in my spare time, and yes, it's just as fun as playing Sims is. Wink

I like to let my creative juices flow and I'll write about practically anything, but most preferably the fantasy genre - I like to paint wild places and characters in my mind, and my favourite part of writing is describing these people and places. Sometimes plots can get too complex and I mess up, though only with my longer stories. I have lots of short stories I'm quite fond of. Smile

So yes, is there any budding authors out there? Or any actual authors?

Let me know! Big Grin

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Re: Writing Stories...
Me and my brother (note my bad grammer Tongue) both LOVE to write! But, we're not very good. Tongue

Em
20-04-2008, 10:47 PM
i love writing stories and scripts.

i am bad at spelling though
20-04-2008, 10:58 PM
To both of you - There's no saying your writing, grammar and spelling won't improve if you continue to write, and read, too. Wink

I'm SO glad you both like to write! I'm not alone! Big Grin

So what do you like to write about? Anything in particular?

20-04-2008, 11:03 PM
sad and funny stories and scripts
20-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh, okay, cool. Smile

Do you have any snippets of your stories/scripts you could post? I think I will post a paragraph or two of mine later.

20-04-2008, 11:20 PM
funny script

a: what's going on? (sings)
b: oh  no don't break out into song
a: well, it didn't  happen.
b: what you didn't become a singer.
a: no. i didn't go to my happy place.
b: that's a big problem
a: i know
b: did you get frusterated and go on a killing spree again
a: no worst
b: what did you do? TELL ME, NOW
a: i kinda  pushed the blow up the world botton. it will go off in 30 seconds. basicly we are all going to die.
21-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Interesting... Wink Did you just write that?

Well, Cassie dear, you probably already know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway - never ever do something or not do something because you're afraid. Fear can cripple even the strongest person, and later in life you're going to wish you weren't controlled by it. How would you feel if you found out 20 years from now that you could have been a best-selling writer? You could have even ended up like Jo! And you would rather that not happen just because you're scared? You have nothing to fear but fear itself. Wink Never forget that.

Moving on...I'm so glad you like writing! I think it's fabulous. I have a few books published, and a couple of my great friends do, as well. I'm like you, though - I love describing. Although, I don't overdo it like a certain author we know. Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
21-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Meh, this is a snippet of one of my older stories. I wrote this when I was about 12, and I realise some words probably are not used in the right context, but it isn't about that for me - as long as I can envision what I'm writing, then I'm happy with it. You won't understand some of the things in this snippet, as it belongs to a larger and uncompleted story.

Mille was perched at the end of the deck, tips of her toes tickling the surface of the silken sea surrounding her. The pastel blue of the sea was playfully caressing the firey orange glaze of the sun.
How silly of me... how stupid, how careless, how-
A gush of vigorous wind seperated her train of thoughts. The palm trees swayed dangerously, the once gentle waves of the sea turned black and angry, the birds in the blushing pink sky were calling to their friends in panic-like squawks.
Millie arose from her sitting position and glared around her, feeling her heart erupt with apprehension and uncertainty.
What's happening?...
It was almost as though the world was being sucked of its brightness, its colour, its happiness and joy. The sun was shrinking while a shadow of black began to embrace the island. The birds were huddled together in colossal bundles, all heading south, away from the sun.
The glacial winds whipped at Millie's long red hair, but yet she stood, trying to comprehend this peculiar situation.

Along came the clusters of rabbits and other fluffy creatures, fear written in their expressions. They whole island was in distress.
Palm trees were collapsing, sending a flood of shakes through the ground. Items were being carried by the wind; deck chairs, carpets, children's toys from the huts. They sky was as black as ebony ink, and clouds were forming, coloured in grey and letting loose speckles of heavy rain.
The sudden jolt of thunder and blinding flash of lightning almost set Millie's heart to stone with alarm.

And so was the picture of death and misery. There it was, right there, playing before young Millie's eyes. Gone was the rosy pink sky, gone was the golden sun, gone was the soft breeze that lingered around the deck, and gone was that relaxed pastel sea.

Millie crouced and curled into a ball on the deck, now concealed in a layer of gelid rain. An unwilling pearl escaped her emerald eyes and raced sown her pale cheek. She knew now, what she had to do. It had clicked.

And that's why I don't want it published - it speaks for itself. Wink

Oh, and I remember you mentioning about your books, Bambi! What were the books called, or about, if you don't mind my asking?

21-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Cassie, Cassie, Cassie...you silly goose you. Wink That's was great, especially considering you wrote it when you were twelve! You really need to have more faith in yourself. Wink

Sadly, I'm not the most famous writer, so my books are rather hard to come by. But if you'd ever like to read them, I'd be happy to send you a copy. I've got boxes of them. I'd sell them online, but I don't quite trust some people at the moment. Wink

Most of my books are fantasies or mysteries. I started out writing more watered down things, and eventually it evolved into the two "most complicated genres to write in." (I find that quite interesting...I read it in a research journal of some sort.)

There's one book in particular that I think you'd like, Cassie. Well, two, actually, although I didn't write one of them - my friend did. But it's fabulous. It has some things that you may want to wait to read until you're a bit older (nothing bad-bad, though, don't worry...), but it's called 'e-ville', in case you're interested. Her pen name is K.T. Morgan, and she's absolutely wonderful. I suggest you check it out.

The one I wrote that I think you'd like is called 'Dead Moon'. I'll try to find the link to the page for it...

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD