Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Names
06-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Re: Names
(06-05-2008 02:19 AM)eternalbunny link Wrote:[quote author=TS3roxmysox link=topic=1963.msg49674#msg49674 date=1210035634]

no you have to be within the same screen shot distance you need to be able to see what there doing in your hole screen srry its hard to explain  i dont wanna go off topic but i have one question can u just walk outside your house and use the aro keys to control where to walk or will there be one laoding screen saying entering town
[/quote]

1) It's going to be like the Simpsons: Road Rage, once you're in the neighborhood no more loading screens. I don't think anyone wants to hold down on the arrows to tell their sims where to go (not speaking for everyone, but I don't want to). you probably click on the sims and get a list of all the available place in town to go to and they go there. That the way it worked in TS2 when the sims were able to walk places.

2) No offense, but shouldn't you know this already? I mean, I get that your dad can't tell you any major information, but that should be basic knowledge to give.

[/quote]

srry but im positive on this one you do lets say your sims bf is kissing this other girl in towns scware you would have to be in townsscare or see it in the screen your playing

and on the second answer no i just found out that for that u would need loading screens you will just be able to click somewhere and tell your sims to "go here"

its Lauren Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2008, 05:53 AM
I think it will be generated. I mean, in ts2, there were townies that popped up all the time once others were married to your sims. I'm sure the game has a list of names w traits etc with the sim in mind. My only fear is the townies taking a name I have set apart for my sims but that's very likely to happen.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
06-05-2008, 09:11 PM
(06-05-2008 12:56 AM)eternalbunny link Wrote:[quote author=Captain link=topic=1963.msg49610#msg49610 date=1210030993]
[quote author=Reddle link=topic=1963.msg49402#msg49402 date=1210024644]
I wonder if divorces and falling outs will happen in our absence...
Naming just seems like one thing on the list of stuff that shouldn't happen behind the player's back.
Don't want to change the subject here, but I agree with the first point.
How difficult is it going to be to prevent cheating Sims from being caught? Since they can walk around everywhere and interact couldn't anyone in the same area as them see everything that's going on?
[/quote]
Maybe they'll be more discreet about it. No more just walking up to the other Sim and making out in front of the spouse.
[/quote]
I hope Sims will be smarter this time around.
They always remember falling in love as a good thing, regardless of how many other "loves" they already have. They don't seem to be aware of the fact that they are cheating. {no}
06-05-2008, 10:46 PM
(06-05-2008 09:11 PM)Reddle link Wrote:[quote author=eternalbunny link=topic=1963.msg49634#msg49634 date=1210031779]
[quote author=Captain link=topic=1963.msg49610#msg49610 date=1210030993]
[quote author=Reddle link=topic=1963.msg49402#msg49402 date=1210024644]
I wonder if divorces and falling outs will happen in our absence...
Naming just seems like one thing on the list of stuff that shouldn't happen behind the player's back.
Don't want to change the subject here, but I agree with the first point.
How difficult is it going to be to prevent cheating Sims from being caught? Since they can walk around everywhere and interact couldn't anyone in the same area as them see everything that's going on?
[/quote]
Maybe they'll be more discreet about it. No more just walking up to the other Sim and making out in front of the spouse.
[/quote]
I hope Sims will be smarter this time around.
They always remember falling in love as a good thing, regardless of how many other "loves" they already have. They don't seem to be aware of the fact that they are cheating. {no}
[/quote]
I just want it to be harder to cheat on someone.  {glare} The whole "attraction" thing could have been a whole lot better, and it was really annoying finding out your Sim who is happily married with children is automatically attracted a to another Sim they just met.

Even the Sims who know that the Sim they're seeing is already married should be cautious or just downright reject them. Not every Sim should be willing to hook up with anything that moves!

[Image: 330673p.jpg]
[Image: 2zhqmj5.gif]
[Image: n6s0gi.jpg]
06-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Yea you're totally right! I think they'll incorporate that into traits like "good."

I'm really interested to see how this whole thing works out, they took on A LOT!
11-05-2008, 07:59 AM
yeah sims should know when people are married and have that affect their attraction levels depending on personality traits. not every sim should be one to cheat.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
11-05-2008, 10:03 AM
As for names, I wonder if they can buy baby name books from the bookstore? I have a few, they are funny to read because the names are so ridiculous - perfect for Sims!

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
11-05-2008, 03:07 PM
(11-05-2008 10:03 AM)Only Faerie Cassie link Wrote:As for names, I wonder if they can buy baby name books from the bookstore? I have a few, they are funny to read because the names are so ridiculous - perfect for Sims!

omigosh yess!  Big Grin

its Lauren Tongue
11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
it would be neat..considering we can buy all kinds of books for their shelves..it would be neat to see different types of books.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]