Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Families age together
14-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Families age together
I have two 'fears' about the game - one of which is this whole idea of other families growing up at the same time as the one you are playing.

Does that mean that while I am playing the McLeod family the Campbell family will have had their baby and the granny has already died when I go back to them?

I really don't like that idea if it turns out thats what happens.
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Re: Families age together
Eh, I guess that would be annoying. But there is a plus side too. Like if you're school friends with someone, you'd grow up together without actually having to play them.
14-03-2008, 09:57 PM
i liek the new time "system"  i dont like having to switch btween every family,.,.  so they all ages like crazy, kidas get older then theyr grandparents n poo
14-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, to simply put it, I think aging families would be cool. I read on one of the pics (scanned from the Games for Windows magazine) that if you choose to marry a neighbor, of an already made family, you can choose to keep playing yours, or play as theirs. Confusing I know. I'm just assuming (to keep me sane) that you will have the options of playing many families (for those of you that have freetime, look in the sims art that shows a "replica" of what the sims3 should look like) in the picture, there are a number of plumbobs over the homes and even a car! Meaning you will probably have the option to stop aging (like in the sims2) and maybe things will age around the family but you may have the option to turn town-aging off, or a freeze mode. I'm most positive that EAxis isn't going to let the sims COMPLETELY control their lives and we just sit and watch. My worst nightmare would be me playing a family and then missing out on deaths and birthdays of other families. In my head, while the aging is going on around the town along with your sims life, we will be able to go into another family lot and have everything stay the same as it was before you saved except they will have a memory of things that happened to other sims they've interacted with. Besides, come to think of it, I don't think your other sims will have ANY affect on your other family's lives unless they have been introduced and have interracted with eachother. Just my observation.

Taken from http://www.sims2community.com:

[Image: sims3.jpg]

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
14-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't think they will grow very fast though, so that you have enough time to play with them while they are still ''alive''.  ;D

[center] [color=pink]Click here to visit my Flickr-account![/center]<br /><br />[center][Image: 4551831341_6aed0dc01d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4117563128_9c3c280b5d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4450527842_a3542a1668_s.jpg]
[Image: 4502276389_3bd7c60509_s.jpg]
[Image: 4412261932_ee7ddeaa85_s.jpg]
<br /><br />[color=pink]Follow me on Twitter: <br />[b]@MelissaDTH<br />@Amirightband[/center]
15-03-2008, 04:43 AM
[glow=red,2,300]the way i think it will work is that you only have one family so you play them and can have different familys in different neighborhoods..that would suck but i'm just spitballing!! ;D[/glow]

Siggy loading please wait...<br />____________________99%
15-03-2008, 04:48 AM
I always loved the idea of universal sim time, but I knew it had to many problems to actually work. Until now I guess. They probably will slow time, but there might also be warnings of what other sims are doing. It could be you tweak to your comfort level (lots of warnings for even little things or minimal warnings for only big things). There might also be a universal edit/undo for time. Edit/undos could even be a reward for a supper happy town or a very “successful” sim. There could even be lots of different cameras for each head of the family or group (whatever it will be called in the game) on top of the screen. That won't work that well though. Who knows what they will do to fit these needs. Hopefully it's not like the game-console sims, where your only focused on one household. That would suck alot.

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
15-03-2008, 08:28 AM
It wouldn't really work to focus on only one household... I mean, what if the children grow up, and you want to move them out?

I'm assuming that the other families, when you are not actively playing them, would go in to a sort of auto-pilot mode... Not really doing anything except fufilling motives? Because it would be too complicated to have more complex things happening while you were offscreen.
15-03-2008, 09:58 AM
??? ??? ???

confused much ???
15-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Like... Say you are playing the Smith family. While you are playing the Smith family, the Jackson family is STILL aging and living, but rather than doing anything interesting (interracting with other people, etc.) they are just sort of... in auto-pilot mode. Going through the day, eating, going to work, etc.

I don't know how that would work... but it seems vaguely plausible!

Either that, or the other families would just be treated as NPCs or Townies while you are not playing them?