Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old Fashioned or poor sims?
28-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Old Fashioned or poor sims?
    I think TS3 should include stuff for the poorer or more old fashioned sims.  Such as, a sim having an older fashioned home that doesn’t have running water or electricity.  Instead there would be candles and a water pump.  Maybe this could also be for a vacation home that’s like a log cabin.  I think this should be included in the base game though because I was reading this book and in it is a family like this that are very friendly but they are living in a little home with no running water and stuff.  I was thinking as I read how cool it would be to re-create this family in TS3.  Anyway, just a suggestion that I think should be included.  And options for making homes could be cheap, linoleum for flooring and uglyish rugs that you could have your sims start with and try to upgrade as you play.  This would add to the “struggling family” effect.  I like playing some families like that so I think it should be included.
    Also, I think sims should be able to respond to how they live and stuff.  Like recognize that they are poor and optimistic sims would work harder in this circumstance or something like that.
    Likewise, a rich sim might start off hard working but maybe get lazier as he has a maid doing stuff for him all the time.  However, because hard working is his attribute he still works hard at work.  And if he should ever hit hard times and have to give up the maid, he would pull his weight again.
    These are just some ideas I came up with.  Tell me what you think of them!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Re: Old Fashioned or poor sims?
yeah there should be an option for your sims to live that way
28-04-2008, 01:39 AM
That sounds like a really good idea. I don't know about anyone else, but I would definitely want a slums section in my town.  Poor sims could get special scholarships or a good memory when if they decide to get their life back on track.

Old fashioned living doesn't even have to mean you're poor. A Monk or Amish household sounds pretty neat to me.  Big Grin

[Image: 330673p.jpg]
[Image: 2zhqmj5.gif]
[Image: n6s0gi.jpg]
28-04-2008, 04:48 AM
i kinda like that thought not sure if i would use it myself though
but if it was available in the game i just might try playing a family that lived the old fashioned way..it could be fun..actually
so great idea!!!

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
28-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Great idea. I think it would be cosy as an EP, however. I don't think I'd use this myself, but I can see it's appealing factor to others, it wuold undoubtedly sell well, it has a lot to offer. I just have more contemporary tastes, I suppose. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
28-04-2008, 08:23 PM
(28-04-2008 01:39 AM)Captain link Wrote:That sounds like a really good idea. I don't know about anyone else, but I would definitely want a slums section in my town.  Poor sims could get special scholarships or a good memory when if they decide to get their life back on track.

Old fashioned living doesn't even have to mean you're poor. A Monk or Amish household sounds pretty neat to me.  Big Grin

I would love a slums section in my town too.  The people there will have way different lives than the richer kids.  Like how we who are not rich feel like when we see spoiled rich kids get everything they want.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
29-04-2008, 01:27 AM
the idea might slowly grow on me..because it would help add a great sense of realism to the town.
I can see it being the poorer side of town..with less fancy things..and crappy appliances etc..

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
29-04-2008, 11:14 PM
It could work as an EP, although I really would like to be able to do it from when I get the game.  I just think it would be cool and then sims Could easily recognize who has money and who doesn’t, and then relate to them likewise. 

<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
03-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I think they should include many more items for sims that are roughing it. I would be a fan of having many more items for broke sims. Not as an EP though, right in with the base game.
03-05-2008, 11:57 PM
yeah, not all sims are rich and can get all the nice things.  I think items for poorer sims belong in the base game because those are just as real in life as rich or expensive items.