Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your First Name
03-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Your First Name
My aunty Rachel is expecting a baby this June, and already she is thinking of names for the baby girl. So I was on a few sites looking through names and their origins and meanings, and it got me wondering what the origin and meaning of your names are.

I looked at mine, and I have two different sets of results, because technically my first name is 'Cassidey' but nobody ever calls me that unless my mum is pointing the finger of blame at me. So I did one for Cassidey and one for Cassie as they mean two different things.

Cassidey:

Origin - Irish
Meaning - Curly Haired

Cassie:

Origin - Greek
Meaning - She who entangles men

Does anyone know the origin and/or meaning of their name?

My sources were babynamesworld.com and babynames.com.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Re: Your First Name
Name:
Paul

Origin:
Latin

Meaning:
Small; humble

Well the small part ain't no lie! Tongue

-Supergeek

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
03-05-2008, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2008 07:14 PM by 2qewl4u.)
Name:
Ahmed

Origin:
Arabic

Meaning:
highly praised or one who constantly thanks God

P.S: I didn't notice you supplied links... I got mine from http://www.thinkbabynames.com

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't mind where you get your sources from, I just thought I would supply them for people who were unsure of where to find the information. {yes}

So you get lots of praise, do you Ahmed? Haha, that's a lucky meaning. Mine are a bit lousy. {rolleyes}

And Paul, you aren't small! Well, possibly you could be in height ( I don't actually know how tall you are) but you're certainly not small or humble in personality! Smile

03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Name:
Tal

Origin:
Hebrew

Meaning:
Morning Dew

i didn't know it was called Morning Dew in english but i already knew that.... i had to look at all 3 sites in order to find my name that's annoying....

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes, I am small! Tongue

I am 4' 11" or whatever. Tongue

-Supergeek

03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Really? Wow, I feel a bit of a giant. I am somewhere between 5' 7" and 5' 8", my doctor told me so yesterday. Tongue I am tall for a 15-year-old girl, it might seem, but tons of girls are the same in my school.

And Tal, I actually love that name. It's simple, I like that. {yes} And the meaning is very pretty. What site did you find your name on, if you don't mind me asking??

03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
You seem like a giant to me! rofl jk

-Supergeek

03-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Haha, well, you'll probs shoot up and be taller than me before you know it, boys are just weird like that. Tongue Kidding. Wink I am taller than half the boys in my year at school anyway, which is really annoying, actually. I feel stupid. {rolleyes}

And I just HAD to look up Bambi's name, and (sorry for stealing this from you Bambi, but it's a super-cute name and I was curious as always) and:

Origin - Itallian (prettyful!)

Meaning - Child (weird, I was expecting deer lol).

04-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Mine means.

1:The girl's name Lorraine \l(o)-rrai-ne\ is pronounced lor-AYN. It is of French origin, and its meaning is "from Lorraine". Name of the province in France (where Joan of Arc came from) and a family name of French royalty.
Lorraine has 13 variant forms: Laraine, Larayne, Laurraine, Leraine, Lerayne, Lorain, Loraina, Loraine, Lorayne, Lori, Lorine, Lorraina and Lorrayne.

2:From Lorraine. From Lotharingia. From Lothair's Kingdom. Lothair was a ruler of the region during the 9th century.

Online I call myself Lori, as I have never liked my name.