Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
church anyone?
11-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Re: church anyone?
I really, really don't understand why anyone would want religion in the game. At maximum I could see them add "spiritual" as a trait that a Sim could have, but full blown churches and religion would easily give The Sims franchise a bad name.

[Image: 330673p.jpg]
[Image: 2zhqmj5.gif]
[Image: n6s0gi.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2008, 12:00 PM
like cassie said religions as a user created thing or an sp would be fine since it would be optional
but adding it to the base game could really hurt their buttom line - income
like i've said before religious people who play the game won't stop playing the game because there are no religions but non religious people or people who believe in a religion that won't make it to the game might stop playing the game
and there isn't really any advantage for our sims to add religions to the game

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
12-05-2008, 04:56 AM
(11-05-2008 12:00 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:and there isn't really any advantage for our sims to add religions to the game

Exactly.

It just complicates things.

&quot;10% less than your wildest expectations.&quot;
12-05-2008, 10:51 PM
In my opinion no.
I don't want churches, that might stir up problems because there are alot of religions what if Maxis forgets one? And what if there are only a few religions that the people who create the sims are, and they don't know about the other religions and get them wrong?
If they do a church...they'd have to make all the religions a church right?
That's just too much, and wasting too much space on the cd(Yes it could be ep for people who wants them). {no} {unsure}

If you don't babble, you can't get set-up.
28-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Yes i agree with most people.
Churches shouldn't be in the base game {unsure}. But i don't mind it being a EP or SP.
But then it wouldn't make alot of difference.
There would prob be alot of problems.
If there were to have religion in the game then they would prob put the main ones, and not the other ones.
And maybe someone would get mad because their religious beliefs were left out.
So that would something that EA wouldn't want to deal with.

Also i really see no point of having religion at all.
But if some people want to see it then they could create or something.

28-05-2008, 05:38 PM
i thought we were done with these topic....
any way to sum up all of my posts on the topic my objections to religions/chrch are:
1.you can not have all of the religions in the game so someone ib bound to get upset
2.there isn't really any advantage for our sims to add religions
3.non religious people may stop playing the game if there are religions but religions people will still play the game if there are no religions
4.too contrevercial

<br />
28-05-2008, 06:36 PM
i don't think religion should play a big part in this it wouldn't be much fun. I just think the sims should have different culture and stuff but a sim like culture instead of religions

FAQs<br />Aren't you too old to watch disney?<br />1st and for most no one is too old to watch anything or do anything. I am in No rush to grow up. And disney is more interesting than anyother program there is.<br /><br />why do u like sims?<br />Becuase it is too fun and i can t live without it Big Grin
28-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I personal wouldn't want it in the game, but people think what they think, so I don't want to get involved!

I don't want this into a thread where people will start saying EA won't allow it or whatever! 

~Simschick17~
03-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah, different religions would be super.
03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
can you please just leave this topic alone we've alrteady been through this
(28-05-2008 05:38 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:any way to sum up all of my posts on the topic my objections to religions/chrch are:
1.you can not have all of the religions in the game so someone ib bound to get upset
2.there isn't really any advantage for our sims to add religions
3.non religious people may stop playing the game if there are religions but religions people will still play the game if there are no religions
4.too contrevercial

<br />