Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Re: who works for EA
thats fer sher

its Lauren Tongue
08-05-2008, 10:54 PM
(08-05-2008 10:03 PM)Only Faerie Cassie link Wrote:Toy store? How could you NOT enjoy that job?! Sounds fantastical to me. Big Grin

It's not. Customers get mad because "you" don't have a toy in stock. Becuase "your" website advertises a toy cheaper than what it is in the store. Becuase "you" can't be in three places at once.

If there is ANYTHING wrong with the store at all, it's YOUR fault.

We had JUST opened today, and were still trying to get stuff out on the floor. So there were three people at the Customer Service desk, and a customer comes over "Are YOU working, because it doesn't look like THEY are?"  Then my boss was trying to tell me of something new that we were starting today, and the same lady "I'm in a hurry, I'm the customer, MY Needs come first so can we PLEASE do this already???"

Not to mention I have two managers who talk to me like I'm 5 or something.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
08-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Jeez, what store is this?? Sounds crazy to me. And I'm terribly sorry...I know how that feels. Interns aren't treated the best, either. Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
08-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I work at a Toys R Us ... and I used to be a contractor (meaning I worked at a job through a temp-agency) so I've had my fare share of ignorant superiors.

08-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Well I'm very sorry. I hope things get better for you eventually. Just know that those customers are just big fat ugly nasties. Wink

09-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Well, this also helps those of you who shop at stores, to try and be nice to us cashiers.

We have hard days too, and sometimes it's a simple "Thank you" that can make or break a person's day. Some of you are too young to realise this, since you don't work yet, but ... b ecurtious and polite. No matter what your hurry, patience is best.

That's why even at something as simple as a fast-food drivethru I always thank the person who takes my order. Now, we all have our bad days too, but just keep in mind that your bad day could turn someone esles day in the same direction.

09-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Frankly, I'd rather not anger those who serve my food anyways. {no}
09-05-2008, 01:26 AM
lol I know the feeling.

09-05-2008, 03:40 AM
(09-05-2008 12:37 AM)Majick link Wrote:Well, this also helps those of you who shop at stores, to try and be nice to us cashiers.

We have hard days too, and sometimes it's a simple "Thank you" that can make or break a person's day. Some of you are too young to realise this, since you don't work yet, but ... b ecurtious and polite. No matter what your hurry, patience is best.

That's why even at something as simple as a fast-food drivethru I always thank the person who takes my order. Now, we all have our bad days too, but just keep in mind that your bad day could turn someone esles day in the same direction.

I whole-heartedly agree. I've noticed that most youth now-a-days aren't nearly as polite as people use to be. So that's a good thing for them to keep in mind.

I always say 'please' and 'thank you' and hold doors open for people...that's just the kind of person I am. I know when I have a bad day, the last thing I need is someone yelling and pointing fingers at me. So, do onto others as you would do onto yourself.

Well said, Majick. Wink