funeral
04-05-2008, 08:45 PM
funeral
when a sim dies it should have a funeral in the sims 3

its Lauren Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Re: funeral
They should have a little chapel.  I know that they don't want to make the game religious, because all kinds of people play it, but they can make a non-religious chapel.

It would also be nice if the town can have a local graveyard(s) with readable graves.  It would be a nice place to visit and it is more realistic than having a tombstone in someone's yard.  Also ghost can only wander there, in the graveyard.  I sometimes don't want to sell a grave, but I do, because I do not want to risk my sims dying of fright.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
(04-05-2008 09:01 PM)yummybunny link Wrote:They should have a little chapel.  I know that they don't want to make the game religious, because all kinds of people play it, but they can make a non-religious chapel.

It would also be nice if the town can have a local graveyard(s) with readable graves.  It would be a nice place to visit and it is more realistic than having a tombstone in someone's yard.  Also ghost can only wander there, in the graveyard.  I sometimes don't want to sell a grave, but I do, because I do not want to risk my sims dying of fright.

yes i hate how once your sims die all they have is a tombstone in there yard i mean seriously comn lets get a little more realistic

its Lauren Tongue
04-05-2008, 09:08 PM
yeah, I think if they had just a random chapel in town that was no specific religion, basically neutral, with a graveyard in back it wouldn't hurt them any.  Plus then you could have your own little funeral's or a place to stage weddings and stuff like that and if you want your sims to go to church, you could easily turn the neutral chapel into a church.  It would just be a chapel looking building with a graveyard out back.  Nothing specific.  If all else fails, you can make your own chapel looking building for your sims I guess because of the seamless neighborhood.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
05-05-2008, 05:05 AM
i think there should be a cemetary yes..and all graves should be placed there...a funeral should be optional though because it could get annoying..the other option should be cremation or something..

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
05-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Funerals might be bit sad, and probably too realistic, but i'd like them to be in there, but it won't be a loss if we don't.

also, because some simmers prefer to kill of their sims a lot, and they probably won't want to have to deal with a funeral when a sim you don't actually care about dies.

maybe they could be optional though?

It would also be cool if you could read gravestones, and when a sims dies you can click on the tombstone and write about the sim. (you have to remember your favourite sims, don't you? I would love to write about arden underwood, my 1st generation of many generatons.
ghosts are usually useless, apart from killing your sims (yay...) and i want my "favourite" sims to be remembered by every sim in the neighbourhood! (and i don't just mean haunting them.

old friends that read their friends gravestone could get sad and a low mood boost or something.

omg, i am ranting on now! stop me!
(that probably doesn't even make sense, sorry!)

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
05-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I love your ideas Adam, especially writing about our favourite Sim on the gravestone. We could type our own little message that we could view anytime we want to and they will nvever be forgotten. And I do hope they have a graveyard so ghosts can just haunt there and we can visit every Sunday or something.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
05-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Yea those were solid ideas. I've wanted funerals for a while but I forgot about the serial sim killer out there who would get annoyed by that. So yea, it would definitely have to be optional.

I hope sims could put flowers on graves, and I especially like the idea of having a low mood boost. Or some sims, if they've gotten past it (well as far as you can ever be) could feel calmed or something by going to visit a loved ones grave.
05-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes, and I also hope some Sims who are visting the graveyard alone can have some time alone with their passed away loved one and actually talk to the grave.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
It would be cool also if when they passed the grave they could remember those sims. For example, if little roy's grandpa died when he was a kid he would walk by and remember getting thrown into the air as a toddler and be happy for a good memory. But lets say the same grandpa used to be really mean to the teller at the grocer and when the teller walks by he gets angry.