laid off
07-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Re: laid off
LOL, Neither do I, I think its hilarious when my sims get fired (:

Coming Soon...
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Its so ridiculous how they cry over and over again. In real life getting fired is no good...but in TS2 you just go and get a new, better job and in no time you're making mad money again.
07-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I know (: They have aspiration failure and everything, I mean...LOL! Crazed sims. (:

Coming Soon...
07-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Laid off is different than fired.  Someone's job just may not be needed by a company any more, so they get rid of that position.  Therefore, a person is out of a job. 
***Think about GM and all the lay-offs they do.

Fired is when they get rid of you because you are a dissappointment or a failure of a employee.  And they are glad they got rid of you.

I wish they can get fired for different things now and the work world should be more competitive.  Imagine competing with your neighbor who also is an employee in the same posistion to get a promotion.  The one who impresses more gets it.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
07-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah, getting fired for different things would be good! Instead of the silly chance cards or just not turning up for work (:

Coming Soon...
07-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I hate those chance card things. They are very silly. I just ignore them.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
07-05-2008, 09:24 PM
LOL! I hate them too, but once I got 50,000 Simoleons with one (:

Coming Soon...
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I like the chance cards cause of the real-life scenario's in them.

but some of them have really stupid outcomes!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
08-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Then sometimes you pick the option that makes the most sense, then the right answer ends up being the stupid option:

For example:  Jason's boss just hopped out a window and he needs his promotion, and he knows that if his boss dies, he won't get it.  Should Jason hop out the window and try to grab him?  Or should he let the firefighters below with the trampoline catch him.

You put:  Let the firefighters get him.

The outcome:  The boss bounces on the trampoline, but bounces up with double the force and hits the side of the brick building.  Since you have no boss no more, you cannot be promoted and you are demoted due to your new boss.

What the heck!!! {cursing}

That's how they would be like...confusing.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
08-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I absolutely hate when that happens. For a while, I had a hack installed that disabled those chance cards. But I kind of missed them, so I removed the hack. But every now and then, one of those confuzzling ones pop up, and I hate it! Smile

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD