Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ring, ring, ring, banana phone!
09-05-2008, 02:38 AM
ring, ring, ring, banana phone!
I was just thinking of the sims 1 days when our sims would get random phone calls from lottery winnings and such.

It seems those days are over unless they are in consoles but I was thinking that maybe EA could bring that back in ts3.

Here are a few other calls that sims could look forward to:

-Telemarketers- sims could pick up, and depending on their personality, mood, or trait (thinking in both sims 2 and 3 terms) yell at the phone and hang up furious, order and purchase whatever item they are selling, or simply say no thanks in simlish and then hang up.

If they choose to order, a "buy mode" catalog could pop up and we could pick what we like and the order can arrive next day.

These items could range from silly to downright useful. We can always cancel if no items seem worth buying.

Talkative sims could talk for hours and perhaps make a townie friend.

- lottery just like the olden days, our sims could gain simoleons buy simply picking up the phone.

- more prank calls! I loved the "your refridgerator is running" joke Deon ts1 that was annoying, yet funny.

Another could be "have you checked your bathroom yet?" and sims may have to stock up on toilet paper because I saw a few rolls on a screenshot for ts3 and toilet paper could be missing from the bathroom. 

Sims could also recieve jobs over the phones by their friends and not just on the street like in ts3.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Re: ring, ring, ring, banana phone!
Wow, I like that idea! Another reason I would buy TS3 if that was apart of it.

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
09-05-2008, 03:30 AM
GREAT idea! Big Grin
I like the telemarketer thing. One call could ask you to buy... I don't know, pink lawn flamingos, while another could sell you state of the art kitchen appliances.
That said there could be an infomercial station on the TV that periodically lets Sims buy things.

[Image: 330673p.jpg]
[Image: 2zhqmj5.gif]
[Image: n6s0gi.jpg]
09-05-2008, 03:44 AM
I totally agree with how the traits should affect how they take calls from strangers.  It would bring a lot more personality into the game.  I hope the traits affect a huge amount of the sim's thoughts and actions and not a little bit.  I do miss those days where I can win money over the phone and stuff.  Probably they was trying to make it more realistic, or they felt it wasn't necessary, since a whole lot more options got added to the phone. 

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
09-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Wow. Thanks for the feedback guys. I love the infomercial idea, and flamingos, that's funny! I do want them to be able to sell different things over the phone.

It would be cool to get sales men at your door too, your sim can choose to ignore them when they knock.

Someone with a frugal trait could dodge everything they tried to sell, or get the cheapest appliance.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
09-05-2008, 07:52 AM
haha all those sound great as long as the phone wouldnt constantly ring off the hook..but then cell phones too..so i guess it wouldnt matter.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
It'd be funny if some Sims started shouting down the phone and stomping and overreacting to those silly telemarketers. And some should actually be gullible enough to go along with it all.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
09-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I agree!

Evil sims could buy "ask to show a dimonstration" or something and not buy it. Or order something and when it comes in the mail, refuse to pay for it.  {blink}

09-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I like those ideas. One thing I would be concerned about is how often the phone would ring. As it is now, my sims phone rings all the time once they start getting a bunch of friends. They should put a cap on calls or something. OR maybe sims could talk on the phone and do a bunch of things. Like sitting at dinner a sim could pick up his/her cellphone. This could also be considered inappropriate, especially if you were eating with important people.
09-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I just had this random image, but... innapropriate Sims. They could be on the phone while sitting on the toilet. {rolleyes}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]