Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
securom?
11-05-2008, 05:29 AM
securom?
it was taken out of spore and now might be included in the sims 3..
something to do with validating our games every10 days..
im not entirely sure what that means but it sounds stupid..
anyone more knowledgable of this subject? {unsure}

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2008, 05:32 AM
Re: securom?
Where did you hear this?

[Image: 330673p.jpg]
[Image: 2zhqmj5.gif]
[Image: n6s0gi.jpg]
11-05-2008, 05:36 AM
http://www.snootysims.com

11-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Yeah, securom is something they will be putting in future games to make sure registered games aren't being illegally downloaded etc.

This means in order for you to even play, you have to be connected to the internet.

Somehow it effects important folders and security on peoples computers.

I'm wondering if loss prevention(stolen games) is that important where they have to have valuable customers "check in" with EA. It would re register your game every 10 days.

As a valued customer, I would feel like EA didn't trust me. They put it in BV and will continue to do so. People had to edit their comps and games just to make it run properly.

Um no thanks. If I don't have the internet and just wanted to play, that wouldn't be fair.

I'm sure EA can find a better way of stopping loss prevention and since they chose not to do it for spore, let's hope they spare ts3 as well.   

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
11-05-2008, 06:17 AM
yeah cause after this baby is born i doubt i can afford internet on this laptop..
so looks like i wont even be buying ts3 if this is added into the game..unless i can afford some sort of usb internet.

11-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Well, supposedly its just for those who download cc online.

I don't think its for gaming alone.

But, either way, there has to be another safe and reliable way for EA to check.

Just because someone hasn't played a while doesn't mean they've stolen the game. Besides, not everyone registers right away. Maybe they don't want to use the forum, download cc or receive help. 

Heck, after a certain period of time, most people stop playing for months before they get back into it. Truthfully, I haven't had the pleasure of playing in 4 months and I had no EPs(lost and only NL I lost uni tee hee) before then it was like 6 months!

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
11-05-2008, 06:31 AM
it took me forever to feel like registering!!!
i didnt feel like it. but i bought every single game.

11-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Yeah, at first I wanted to but at the time registering my game was the last thing on my mind. I wanted to play already!

Lately I've been buying some EPs. My game (came with 4 discs but I didn't have twins like normal gamers) so I bought another sim2 game that includes the double deluxe of NL and celebration stuff. I then bought BV and Seasons. FT should comming in the mail from EA cuz if you buy two games, save the receipts, fill out the survey thingy, and tear out your proof of purchase papers(takes a breather)

I think its good so they can see you bought it, but the proof of purchase slips are the same papers that have the game code on them and I haven't registered them yet! Its smart yet stupid. What if I copied my code down wrong but haven't registered my game? If I misread the code, I would have to buy a whole new game!

So waiting isn't all that bad cuz there's games I have yet to explore.

I just hope BV doesn't mess up my game.