Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Securcom?
11-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Re: Securcom?
thats just plain stupid!!!  ??? altho i guess its to save money but  {cursing} lol, my connetions like really bad alot of the time  Sad

lalalalalalalalala Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2008, 10:32 PM
yeah very stupid because i probably wont have  internet for quite awhile once i move..
so no sims 3 for me.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
11-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Who invented this 'Securcom'? Let's burn them alive like Wendelin the Weird!

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
11-05-2008, 10:37 PM
ea did
to make secruity stronger so less of their games get stolen?
stupid stupid stupid
at least i think it was ea.

12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
{censored} EA.

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
12-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Okay,

For some reason I thought this was the same topic alyssa wrote.

SecuRom is a security guard EA started putting into games right after seasons. So yes, I believe its in BV, that's why its been a big uproar on the BBC.

Spore was origionally going to have it and players would have to reregister their game every ten days to continue playing.

This is EAs way to stop others from stealing or perhaps borrowing discs. Loss prevention.

I believe its only for those who download custom content but I'm not sure.

SecuRom can cause certain folders on your computer to become corrupt as well as your game.

They have taken it out of spore but have yet to comment it being in AL and TS3.

EA will and are loosing customers because they don't feel like they should register a game every ten days just for the company to trust them. And, they don't want crap destroying their comps, games.

Others don't have internet access to register every ten days and most people stop playing after a while or from time to time. Have they committed a crime just from that alone?

I haven't played in a total of 10 months. 6 months before the last time I played and then that was 4 months ago!   

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
12-05-2008, 01:34 AM
that would explain why one of my stuff packs turned corrupt and i cant play it anymore
but i havent had to re register any of my games and i bought bon voyage ...
so is it only some bv games that got securom?
and yeah i take breaks and im going to be a busy mom with little or no internet access...
so this securom is gonna stop alot of eager people from buying future games..they're making a big big mistake.

12-05-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm not sure how many, I assume all games after BV (that's what EA says) have them.

I'm sure it didn't corrupt everyones because peeps still play. That may have been the reason. You can check out the sims 2 site for all the gorey details.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
12-05-2008, 01:49 AM
yeah i might have to. it sounds ridiculous.

12-05-2008, 04:24 PM
It really does. It's very inconsiderate, too.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]