Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mods and CC Limit
12-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Re: Mods and CC Limit
Maybe your computer just couldn't handle it, especially since you have all that other stuff on there. Or...possibly you had a corrupted or infected file in the bunch. That can cause the game to crash.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
OMG!!!  I just put over 100 GB of stuff on my external flashdrive from my computer's hard drive.  I think I had too much stuff and I am still cleaning out my computer.

It had 50 of its 200 GB left.

Then I will try to add more CC and see if that fixed the problem.

All that crap slows down computers.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
12-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Sounds like that would be problematic. That's why I always tell people to do a disk defrag and such when their game is acting funny.

13-05-2008, 05:56 AM
That still didn't help, even though I got rid of 100+ GB of stuff.  My game still won't take over 330-350 mods and CC. {cursing}

I came up with some solutions:

1.  Don't buy another computer from Walmart. This computer has no excuse.  It was bought last year and it is a good computer.

2.  Bambi may be right--a bad file or something.

3.  The computer is stupid and everything I care about is out to {censored} me off.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
13-05-2008, 01:43 PM
1. I honestly don't think it's Walmart that's the problem...what sort of computer do you have? Gateway? Dell? E-Machines?

2. That's what I find to be the most common. Usually a bad file either limits the CC or disables it altogether.\

3. Doubtful. Wink We've all had our problems with our beloved game. You're not alone. Wink

13-05-2008, 03:29 PM
E machine--processor intel celeron D.

I am gonna move the CC and re add them bit by bit back into the downloads folder.  That's how I can detect a problem file.

13-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, I don't think you should have a problem with that, then. Although, in my opinion, NVIDIA works better. But plenty of people use Intel and have no problem with it, especially one like the one you're having.

And that's sounds like a good plan. I do hope that's what it is, as that would be an easy fix.

15-05-2008, 10:59 PM
well I have an idea,why dont you put all your cc in a lot on the game then come off the sims go to documents then ea games then lots/downloads and the name of the house with all the cc will be there and then delete it!
16-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Why would you do that, if you don't mind me asking? I don't think they want to delete all their CC. They just want to try to weed out a bad file. That's all. Smile

16-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I weed out the problem file manually, takes a while. Sad

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]